Would You still Attend Multiple Shows....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If There Was No GA Would You Still Attend Multiple Shows?

• YES..

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • HELL NO-GA OR BUST!

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • UNDECIDED

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
Yep, but not as many since seats are so much more expensive. Plus GA is cheaper overall since you camp instead of pay for hotel rooms.

Well, considering when all is said and done, I'll have gone to 5 shows over the course of the 1st and 3rd legs, and I'll only have GA for my last show on 11/21, I guess that'd be a Yes. All my seats were cheapies though (either nosebleeds or behind the stage). I'm definitely in the "I'd rather take my $150 and go to 3 shows w/ iffy seats, than one show w/ a great seat" camp. I know not everyone feels that way, but that's the way I see it. If I "had" to be w/in a few rows of the stage, and GA wasn't an option, so the only way I could do that would be to pay $170+ a pop, I certainly wouldn't be game for that (and most definitely not more than once).

i've never had the pleasure of GA :sad:

I'm always in the seats unfortunately, but that doesn't stop me from going to multiple shows (multiple meaning 2 or 3, not 15) for every tour. I have a great time regardless.:wink:

Absolutely and I'd charm my way down to the front like I used to in the "old" days.

Yes, but I'd probably be in the cheap seats way up the back.

I clicked the wrong button. I meant to vote yes, but clicked hell no. I think it's past my bedtime... :reject:

I had a seat for the first Philly show last month, where I had a great view and room to move. I looked at everyone packed onto the floor and wondered why I'd stood in line for 10 hours to do that once, even when I had a GA for the next day. The next night, I wondered why I was ever so lame to think a seat was a good idea!

A U2 show is a U2 show, even if I'm in nosebleeds. I may have a seat, but that doesn't mean I'm going to actually use it much!

Absolutely. I saw them twice in Toronto, and I've paid to get scalped for Montreal X2. U2 are truly the best live band ever. Smashing Pumpkins have been my favorite band all my life, about 10 years now, and I've seen them several times. But I would still take a U2 show over a Pumpkins any day. U2 truly put on a show that is matched by none, and even for a student with no money, worth the $200/ticket.

Mike

Of course. I saw six Elevation shows with no GA, and six Vertigo so far with only one GA. Previous tours I saw and enjoyed without GA. Not going just because you won't have a chance of standing all night, not being able to see or pee is silly.

Great question... I've gone to 11 Vertigo shows so far, and had GA's 7 times. I went to 7 Elevations shows, and had GA's twice. I've had excellent seats too for both tours. In addition to GA's just being cheaper (only once did I pay above face value and that was for 2 ETS GA packages for the 10/14 show, which I scanned into the BS), the GA vibe is unparallelled, I tell ya!

But, gun to head, I would still attend multiple shows (it's U2, afterall), but probably not as many.

hmmm 29 shows
5 GA's, 2 elipse

yeah i would still go

but i guess i am a unique case

I truly dont understand spending all night and day waiting in line, when you can show up at 6pm and get a chance at the elipse and worse case be 3-4 people back

maybe im just old

i do wish i had only paid $50-60 for each of my tickets tho

I think this would be a more interesting question if all the floor seats were $165 and all the balconies were $55

WhenI purchased my Minneapolis tickets all i could get were nosebleeds but i thought i didn't care because I was in the building. I left there very disapointed. Last weekend i went to vegas and waited in line all day to get scanned into the ellipse and get a rail spot on edge's side. I will never go back to seats after that. We also went to the second vegas show with ga's but I was too tired from the night before to wait in line all day again so we went late and stood at the back. Man do i regret that.

Looks like this poll is a blowout!

I've loved every U2 show I've been to this year, regardless of where my seats were located.

I haven't done any GA's on this tour, and probably will end up doing GA for only one show. Last tour I saw seven shows and 2 of them were GA. Now, I've loved every seated show I have been to, was glad just to be in the house. But once you go GA on a tour, it's really hard to go back. On Elevation I did 3 seated followed by 2 GA. The GA experiences were unbelievable---being at the tip of the heart and having Bono and Edge singing Stay 2 feet from you is an incredible thing, let me tell you. Then for the last 2 shows I had nosebleeds. Had I had these nosebleed seats before I had had GA I would have enjoyed those shows much more, but that wasn't the case and it felt like a bit (I said a bit!) of a letdown.

My seated experiences this tour have been great so far, but I am glad that my GA show is the last show I am seeing, that way, I don't ever have to "downgrade". I will always do seated shows first from now on if possible.

Back
Top Bottom