worse than last tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danielle

The Fly
I had no luck at Filene's in Belmont Mass.. Only the 1st person( of around 40 people in line) was able to buy a ticket.

---To me, that shows that it was harder to get tickets for this tour. I stood outside the Belmont store last time around for the first leg. THere was a long line, and I was able to get tickets for the 2nd boston show that went on sale.

I was online trying to help a friend out and could only pull single nosebleed seats (every once and awhile). Otherwise..nothing. And there were plenty of times I was hitting refresh waiting for a newly added date to pop up. So I would be one of the first in and still nothing..

So even though the presale sucked overall, I am happy that I was able to get the tix I wanted for Philly. (That is the only show I can go to this leg.) I am nervous how it will be for the 3rd leg!! ARGH!!

Well, there are about 20 shows for this leg, as opposed to 50 for Elevation 1st leg.

Plus, U2's fan base is surely larger now.

True, we should have told everyone that the Elevation tour was pure CRAP!!!! Why did we all have to be so honest? We were shooting ourselves in the foot!!

We should all rant how bad the show is first leg..then we will have pick of the litter next time around!

Much worse due to:

1. Propaganda mail version folding

2. Brokers and scalpers knowing which tickets to get based on demand for last tour. And then screwing us all!! :mad:

3. Fewer shows in North America. No dates in the south and only one city in the midwest doesn't help the cause for us fans, either.

4. Everyone, and I mean everyone is trying for tickets this tour, as opposed to last tour. More fans + glowing reviews of The Elevation Tour = more demand for tickets.

DEMAND >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SUPPLY

Last edited:
Yeah, GA tickets were available here until days before the show.

This is insane. I still say most tickets are NOT in the hands of fans, but rather are being held by Clear Channel or brokers.

I have a hard time believing that, in this economy, Denver sold out completely in 18 minutes.

I dont know if its worse or not I think its probably about the same. I think Denver was sold out in about 10 minutes myself but I expect a second show to be added later in the week if they can move that arena football game :)

Back
Top Bottom