world people in brasil the unforgettable flight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrock74

Babyface
world people in brasil the unfoprgettable flight

My name is Max and john and we posting from Italy to all the U2 friends to present the following project, currently under development in Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Slovenija, Holland:

Last summer when we heard the first rumors about a possible 4th leg of the Vertigo tour in other parts of the world, where we could demonstrate that COEXISTence and cooperation among U2 fans from even different continents was possible, we started investigating where it could have been possible and maybe fill a full plane to travel out and be at that concert.

After many investigations we had positive feedbacks and positive answers from Brasil, so we started gathering informations about air travels and accomodation in Brazil.
Though U2 have confirmed but not announced the dates yet, we got from Brazil the news the concerts will be at the Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paolo on February,21+22 !
This way we started working on our project that we named "The Unforgettable Flight"
Meantime we got also positive feedbacks as far as concerts tickets, flights and accomodation (which will be by the seaside close to Guaruja and not in Sao Paulo) are concerned, and think we will concentrate on a likely Feb,18 departure from a Northern Italian airport to return on the following Saturday (Feb,25) and target to rach a total cost for each participant/fan/
traveller of approx 500 to 600 Euros, depending on the selection of different offers but including for return flight+concert+B&B accomodation. In this way now we have already gathered participations from over 150 fans from all over Europe and wish to get others from other countries to bring to Brazil at the concert a small bit of Europe.

If you think you will be interested in such a project and wish to get more news, feel free to eith send me a PM or an email to theunforgettableflight@email.it

this is the members form the moment

italy
1)Jrock + 1
3) Bonomax (+5)
9) jackblack
10)Christ-al (+1?)
12)Chiccalovesbono
13)fedemosco1983
14)edomedo (ferie sperem)
15)fabio-u2
16)fayo65 (+1)
18)mountTemple.... spero
19)LaLara (+1 o 2)
22)U2Rules
23)nicolafirenze
24)mkm5 (ferie permettendo)
25)Hantarex
26) Goan174 (+1 o 2)
28)clabor74 (+1)
30) Chassit (+1)
32) la czarina( +1)
33) Barbie (+1 anch'io purtroppo aggiungo ferie permettendo)
35) Blascocomo (money permettendo)
36) joshua24
37) teo707(1 o 2)
40))Beppemarino (ferie permettendo +1)
42)CLAUDIO83
43) alihewson
44) leo82+1
46) Lela75+1
48) Alisa +1 (o 2 ferie permettendo)
51) mlk77 ferie permettendo
52) nicopelle (io + fidanzata)
54) Viola +1 forse (ferie permettendo)
56) Anto (amico di Chassit)
57) mammifero
58) LIA78 (ferie permettendo altre 6 persone malate di U2!!!)
65) pamela +8 sicuri (come da accordi)
74) iutch79 (ferie permettendo)
75) luxy
76) pushthebutton ( e se ci levano pure i sogni che altro resta??!!!)
77) sbimone (sperando)
78) freak1971 +1
80) amici di bonomax (speriamo confermino!!!)
84) m@ggio con 3
88) Simo82 +1
90) Outofcontrol (fondi permettendo)
91) lifestyle (ferie permettendo)
92) vertizoo (+2)(esami permettendo)
95) Original of the Species + 1
97) Hook (ferie permettendo)
98) Baldovox + 1 (se il budget non supera i 500/600 €)
100) gli ACROBAT confermato ora vediamo se riusciamo a organizzare un concertino

Portugal
107) Luis

Slovenija
108) Peter

france
(1) kadova
(2) jb67
(3) tonio75 ?????
(4) ValerieMM (+1)
(6) fanchu2 (+1)
(8) manuel59 (+1)
(10) ypycaye
(11) tony57(+1)
(13) Spritchou (+1)
(15) larrytotomullen
(16) Mat (?)
(17) Amande (?)
(18) christ.bono (+1)
(20) Matt76
(21) bassman (+1)
(23) allbecause (+1) (?)
(25) Hibax (+1) - en attente d'infos plus explicite
(27) nothingbutzoo
(28) Hacman
(29) Paintendre +1
(31) Tine + 1
(33) Leelou + 1
(35) Bambou
(36) christophe + 2
(39) malyargentina
(40) sevedesbois + 1
(42) M. et Mme Reddef
(44) Rico +1
(46) hippy + 1
(48) vallux + 1
(50) light my way
(51) Yann_CH
(52) popmusik
(53) neocker - en attente d'infos supplémentaires

espana
(1) Electric
(2) Javier (?)
(3) Jose Julio Castillo
(4) Luismcz + ???
(5) Jose Carlos
(6) juliobcn
(7) linoleo
(8) luis miguel
(9) mercuriano
(10) diego
(12) patrick villa +1
(13) josep

germany
1) sofia
2) mathias
4) Rolf-Joachim Körzel
6) anna e daniel

Re: world people in brasil the unfoprgettable flight

Yeah, I think I'll see if some people from New Brunswick, Vermont and Ohio want to get on a bus and go down to Florida for Spring Spreak to show that we members of the same union can coexist.

jrock74,

It's kind of unclear from your post above, but are you asking for money/donations for this project, or...?

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Yeah really, why not let the South Americans enjoy their show. They don't get them that often. You'll be taking tickets away from South American fans.

Thanks for your support.

victor_f said:

Thanks for your support.

I'm sorry to rain on their parade but I think it's a really dumb idea. They'll just be taking away tickets from South Americans who, unlike them, rarely have a chance to see U2. Also, filling a plane with members of the European Union is not making a statement regarding coexist. Further, it's basically just a holiday for them all. Further, do they realize the meaning of the title "The Unforgettable Fire"? Finally, I think they'll iritate U2.

Really dumb idea Europe; if you insist on doing this, you should do it in a place where there are more frequent U2 visits so as not to take away tickets from the local populace.

Re: world people in brasil the unfoprgettable flight

jrock74 said:
could demonstrate that COEXISTence and cooperation among U2 fans from even different continents was possible

I think the best way of accomplishing this would be to not take their tickets; a sign of respect; Coexist.

1) I got this as jrock74 wanted to let EUROPEAN fans know that there is such a project under preparation in Europe and, should anyone be interested, there they can get more informations;

2) getting 250 tickets out of a possibly up to 250000 or more tickets availability is just a ridiculous 0,001%, I'm pretty sure Americans through other travel agencies could be "stealing" more;

3) Every U2 fan knows "The Unforgettable Fire" comes out of that paintings+pictures drawn by survivors of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic blasts that were gathered in a collection that was first shown in Chicago and that afterwards also toured the world, infact he called his project "The Unforgettable FLIGHT", maybe somedody needs to better read carefully!;

4) I added myself on the list because he told me if the project will be realized he has other ideas to demonstrate support to brazilian fans;

I can't rate it as a bad idea, no.

bonomax said:
1) I got this as jrock74 wanted to let EUROPEAN fans know that there is such a project under preparation in Europe and, should anyone be interested, there they can get more informations;

2) getting 250 tickets out of a possibly up to 250000 or more tickets availability is just a ridiculous 0,001%, I'm pretty sure Americans through other travel agencies could be "stealing" more;

3) Every U2 fan knows "The Unforgettable Fire" comes out of that paintings+pictures drawn by survivors of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic blasts that were gathered in a collection that was first shown in Chicago and that afterwards also toured the world, infact he called his project "The Unforgettable FLIGHT", maybe somedody needs to better read carefully!;

4) I added myself on the list because he told me if the project will be realized he has other ideas to demonstrate support to brazilian fans;

I can't rate it as a bad idea, no.

1. Good for you
2. Think of the 250 SA fans who won't get tix. And why are you bringing "Americans" into this? Seems to me you guys are the ones acting "American" here
3. Exactly
4. "Support to Brazilian fans"... how? Why don't you read the response from the one Brazilian fan in this thread... does he seem impressed?

And for your last point, "can't" and "no" create a double-negative so you, in fact, think it's a bad idea

1. Good for you
2. Think of the 250 SA fans who won't get tix. And why are you bringing "Americans" into this? Seems to me you guys are the ones acting "American" here
3. Exactly
4. "Support to Brazilian fans"... how? Why don't you read the response from the one Brazilian fan in this thread... does he seem impressed?

And for your last point, "can't" and "no" create a double-negative so you, in fact, think it's a bad idea [/B]

1) Ops, I should've said North Americans, sorry! Ou excusez-moi!!!!

2) there was a beautiful "," dividing the senses of the two sentences, I still think it was well understandable but maybe for somebody (only for somebody) I should've written "No, I can't rate it as a bad idea"
which is actually the same that I wrote. I'm sorry but the comment is very poor and has no clue!

3) we are lately having almost as little chances as them to see them live with even more hassles to get tickets and queue dor the shows than you have. The idea of it was to go out there in friendship and sharing passions/emotions, something many Brazilian fans commented with enthusiasm last summer.

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
I would think scalpers would be a bigger threat to people getting tickets than fans travelling from other countries. That's what seems to have happened to the Australia shows onsale so far :shrug:.

I agree Kelly, we are affraid of Scalpers from others countries, Brazil is a big country and there will be people coming to Sao Paulo from all the cities.
Scalping is illegal here, we never had problems like Australia, but now we are affraid, 90.000 tickets each show, we think a lot of people is going out of concerts.
The Pearl Jam tickets were sold out for the 2 shows.

Back
Top Bottom