With Or Without You on the next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty72

The Fly
If the band plays WOWY on the upcoming tour, I would like to see them go back to the J.Tree Tour and Zoo TV arrangements. When Larry comes in half way through. One of my favorite performances of the song is 9/28/87 New York, when Bono gives Larry his cue to start banging the drum. I thought the Popmart and Elevation arrangements were good, but they get a bit tired and boring to me.

good call. i actually thought of this last night when i abruptly pulled WOWY out at open mic, how powerful the song really is. if they changed a couple of arrangements around, i think it would go over well. a lot of it depends on the sound of the new album too.

salty72 said:
If the band plays WOWY on the upcoming tour, I would like to see them go back to the J.Tree Tour and Zoo TV arrangements. When Larry comes in half way through. One of my favorite performances of the song is 9/28/87 New York, when Bono gives Larry his cue to start banging the drum. I thought the Popmart and Elevation arrangements were good, but they get a bit tired and boring to me.

............Can we have it end like the version of Rattle and Hum too???

I do hope they will keep WOWY in the set list this time around. It is one of their hits that put them on the map......but it's aging, NOT "Getting Old" but the song is 17 years old. Then again, Pride
and Bad are older. I'll wish for all 3!

I've never seen WOWY live, so I really hope they keep it for the next tour.

I've heard WOWY just about every show I've been too (7 or 8 shows) - I could do without it (no pun intended) and replace it with something i've never heard b4

salty72 said:
If the band plays WOWY on the upcoming tour, I would like to see them go back to the J.Tree Tour and Zoo TV arrangements. When Larry comes in half way through.

Coulden't agree more with you. But even if it's played that way they don't have to play it every night, I mean Bruce doesn't playes Thunder Road every night. They're geting themselves such a big catalogue and there are so many songs that they haven't played in a while that should be played again. I'm a little tired of that song.

WOWY sounds old and tired and needs to go. I've never seen it live but if it's done like Popmart or Elevation, I wouldn't miss it. JT, Lovetown, and ZooTV WOWY, however, would be to die for. It MUST have "Shine Like Stars" and Love Will Tear Us Apart, too.

Would love them to play most of the Joshua Tree as they were fantastic songs, also the latest album was great. I also enjoyed the Zoo tour but hopefully they will keep in some oldies such as Sunday Bloody Sunday etc.

Mysterious Ways?!!! WTF?! That song is one of the best live songs ever! And who cares about belly dancing? I just want to listen to the song. On every tour that song is different. I want to see how it will evolve on the next tour.

oh my god

Mysterious Ways is one of the best U2 songs ever. The Elevation arrangement was so good, the best it's ever been! Right now I'm listening to the Astoria performace, and Mways is great. WOWY needs to be replaced with ONE TREE HILL or THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE!!!

I'd be happy if they just played Mysterious Ways twenty times in a row..

I'm sure that when I saw them play WOWY at Earls Court during Elevation tour they did the 'shine like stars' ending... But I agree, the Zoo versions were much better

Only your opinion folks like mine!!

MW sound dated even the way it was played on the Elevation Tour, they have much better stuff than that.
Its just been done to death boring!!!

I liked the Elevation versions of WOWY.
Popmart versions, however, are just anemic.

WOWY is one of their biggest hits and will never be replaced. I love it, and even though I agree that I though the Elevation tour versions werent as good as past ones, its still a must have for u2 shows in my opinion. Not on a "STREETS" level, but up there. I agree they have to change up the style of it though, bring back the Zoo TV version, and Bono can scream "lets go to vegas, lets get married...."

Back
Top Bottom