With or Without You for Mysterious Ways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
So it has become apparent that Mysterious Ways has stopped being played on the European leg of the tour and replaced by none other then WOWY.

Is this a good trade? I say YES

No, because of the position they're playing it. The Fly --> WOWY is not a good flow in my opinion.

No way (for me). I much prefer MW after the The Fly. I was listening to the Twickenham broadcast this morning in the car, saying to myself, I wish they'd go back to MW.

In fact I'm planning on tracking down Bono in Barcelona to make sure they do MW instead of WOWY for that show.:wink:

Playing WOWY after The Fly is perplexing just as it was when played after Bullet. But playing WOWY at all... priceless. :drool:
WOWY should follow Sometimes (song about Bono's dad) just like when WOWY followed Lemon (song about Bono's mom).

MTEdge said:
Playing WOWY after The Fly is perplexing just as it was when played after Bullet. But playing WOWY at all... priceless. :drool:
WOWY should follow Sometimes (song about Bono's dad) just like when WOWY followed Lemon (song about Bono's mom).

just tried it on on guitar and added a little bass on the computer and man is this a cool transition....this or streets after sycmioyo

zwervers2 said:

just tried it on on guitar and added a little bass on the computer and man is this a cool transition....this or streets after sycmioyo

That's the transition I use at home too! (I also go AIWIY into Streets into WOWY, but that's a different topic and belongs in a different thread!) As far as live U2 is concerned, Sometimes into WOWY into LAPOE would be quite interesting. :drool:

MTEdge said:

That's the transition I use at home too! (I also go AIWIY into Streets into WOWY, but that's a different topic and belongs in a different thread!) As far as live U2 is concerned, Sometimes into WOWY into LAPOE would be quite interesting. :drool:

very intersting indeed...don;t you find that sometimes you come up with these very cool transitions and can;t understand for the love of God why they haven't done that...:wink:

Well the reason is simple... to each person (fan or band member), each song evokes a different emotion.

At times, Bullet (political statement) followed by WOWY (sense of loss that emanates from the song) makes sense. At times, The Fly (the first single off of AB that went a long way towards fucking up the mainstream JT/R&H version of U2) followed by WOWY (Bono's often claimed that this song is about the band's fans) also makes sense. I hope I'm making sense too... :wink:

ramblin rose said:

In fact I'm planning on tracking down Bono in Barcelona to make sure they do MW instead of WOWY for that show.:wink:

Hey man! don't do it !! :mad: It's going to be my first U2 gig and I WANT WOWY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I think that City of blinding lights-wowy would be a good transition.

U2Spain said:

Hey man! don't do it !! :mad: It's going to be my first U2 gig and I WANT WOWY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too ramblin rose, I want WOWY too.

U2Spain said:

Wow, I'm pretty tired of WOWY, but I guess I won't interfere in the dreams of a 1st time show attendee.

I don't see the appeal of WOWY.:shrug:

Then again, I've seen it done live countless times.

Don't worry, I won't say it to Bono, I'll stick to my "twinkle"/"sparkle" complaint.:huh:

walk on would be nice, i`d trade that one for WOWY, but i think the song has to stay, it`s a classic and probably one of u2 songs almost everybody knows!

Personnaly, I think the song to replace is the second time they play Vertigo...one time is already much...:wink: ...they should go for Acrobat instead :drool:

They could be switched from night to night - and WOWY might get the snippets and/ or the missing verse back, that nails its so perfectly: "We shine like stars ..." But, who am I to tell, what the band should(n't) play or do ...

WOWY is a bit too muted this tour, and the show needs a real booty shaker, so I'd go with Mysterious Ways... :)

Mysterious Ways is not a favourite of mine. To me it always sounded like a bad attempt to make a commercial song for a generally non-commercial sounding record (i.e. Achtung Baby) and although WOWY isn't as good live as on record it should stay for the outro which is simply brilliant.

Definately Mysterious Ways. As much as I like WOWY, it's not quite as dynamic live as MY. Twickenham 1 was a great version and Edge's antics with the handicam were hilarious.

Mysterious Ways this tour has been :drool: . More straight foward rocking, especially with the new intro. Pink lights are cool too.

Seen them both already this tour (brussel and amsterdam). Both are great songs. The transistion from The Fly to MS is better I think. But WOWY is the best song they made so far and deserves a place in the list. Maybe in stead of Yahweh (highly overrated song)...So long as they are both on the dvd I'm fine....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom