With or Without You for Mysterious Ways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think The Fly > With Or Without You flowed at all at Glasgow but I was happy it was played. However, the flow into Mysterious Ways on the Twickenham Broadcast was very good.

Chizip said:
they should drop them both for Dirty Day :drool:

Agreed :drool: or Last Night on Earth, or Ultraviolet, or Mofo, or Lemon (weren't there rumors it was being rehearsed? whatever happened to that?), or Discotheque, or Gone, or ACROBAT, or Love is Blindness (yes. before the end of the show. it will confuse people because LIB is the ultimate closer, but instead to close they will get VERTIGO oh boy!), or Even Better Than The Real Thing, or Until the End of the World (that's gotten played some, hasn't it? but it's not a staple is it?), or Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, or, or...

yeah.

While we're at it, let's drop Bullet for Please and Pride for...uh...something that isn't Pride.

Axver said:
No, because of the position they're playing it. The Fly --> WOWY is not a good flow in my opinion.

I agree.

And yes, Dirty Day :drool: would be better than MW and WOWY ...or Mofo or Acrobat.

Last edited:
F*** Mysterious Ways! Never cared for it. WOWY is arguably a show highlight. There are 3 times during the show when the audience literally lifts the roof of a building (if it has a roof), the intro of Sunday bloody sunday, the intro of Where the streets and the crescendo of WOWY.

*k_i_t_e_86* said:

Really? Havent heard about it! Can you say something more? A quote by Bono maybe....?

I vaguely recall it being, "it's about our fans, plain and simple..." I'll try to find the exact quote.

Heh. I could see that.

"Those fans ... we love them, because they've given us a great life ... but then we turn around, and they're bitching and moaning about everything we do on the internet! Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em."

U2Girl1978 said:
At one of the concerts, Bono dedicated WOWY to the fans who were born ten months after the song came out. I don't know why.... :shrug:
Jordan was born then ;) His oldest daughter.

U2Girl1978 said:
At one of the concerts, Bono dedicated WOWY to the fans who were born ten months after the song came out. I don't know why.... :shrug:

Notre Dame. Bono's math is fucked up though. He said the "ten months" thing thinking that Notre Dame had students conceived/born after WOWY came out.

However, that concert was in October 2001 and WOWY was released in, I believe, April 1987. There's no way Notre Dame had a 13/14 year old student at that time... :wink:

OpperGoeroe said:

Jordan was born then ;) His oldest daughter.

No she wasn't. She was born on 10 May 1989, while WOWY came out in March 1987 --> ten months later is January 1988.

VertigoGal said:
No....Mysterious Ways is so great live, WOWY is just so-so. MW is the one song I'm most looking forward to aside from Bad (although I realise I could get neither:( )
i love wowy during this tour, the manc 1 version gives me goosebumps all over, hearing bono singing that church rhythm at the beggning, and then transmisison and love will tear us apart, amazing stuff

and then we have the chigago version with the strangers in the night snippet:drool:

KUEFC09U2 said:
i love wowy during this tour, the manc 1 version gives me goosebumps all over, hearing bono singing that church rhythm at the beggning, and then transmisison and love will tear us apart, amazing stuff

and then we have the chigago version with the strangers in the night snippet:drool:

we were there..I really think WOWY this tour is better than the previous two.popmart was a joke(that was a karoake version of a coverband). It really sounds good these days again thank goodness.

MW doesnt hold a flame to the raw emotional power of WOWY. Just listen to WOWY from Milan2. The crowd takes the outro to a whole new place. It must have been a surreal environment. :drool: I rest my case... :wink:

To be honest, I don't think any of them should be played on this tour. They are way too overplayed. If a great and underplayed song like WGRYWH can't even make it to the DVD and to the majority of the shows, why should these overridden songs?

My take is that WOWY fits better in the encore... MW is a good song, but another party/uptempo song... WOWY just fits better, thats all...

U2Man said:
To be honest, I don't think any of them should be played on this tour. They are way too overplayed. If a great and underplayed song like WGRYWH can't even make it to the DVD and to the majority of the shows, why should these overridden songs?

Because those are the songs ppl (not ultra-fanatical fans like you and I) want to hear...

MTEdge said:

Because those are the songs ppl (not ultra-fanatical fans like you and I) want to hear...
Exactly.. But as both songs are popular with the non-ultra-fanatical-fans, WOWY fits better...

By the way; I'm happy that someone acknowleges that there are also non-ultra-fanatical-fans who visit U2 hows... And that in 80.000 capacity stadium's there are even móre of them... :wink:

MTEdge said:
MW doesnt hold a flame to the raw emotional power of WOWY. Just listen to WOWY from Milan2. The crowd takes the outro to a whole new place. It must have been a surreal environment. :drool: I rest my case... :wink:
where can i get myself a copy of wowy from milan 2?

MTEdge said:

:hmm: I think the non-ultra-fanatical fans would be happy about WGRYWH, too :shrug:

KUEFC09U2 said:
theres a good chance they wouldnt even know it

But then they would be in for a pleasant surprise! Would that be a bad thing?

Btw. WGRYWH was a single from AB so it was not exactly kept hidden, and how should they ever get to know it if U2 won't play it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom