Wisseloord Studio's Holland (new version of OOTS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neilz

War Child
I guess everyone has noticed that the new version of Original Of The Species is far better than the album version...

The funny thing is that it's recorded on the road during the bands stay in Amsterdam, just like the video/single version of Please during Popmart...

Both single's (Please and Original Of The Species) are better than the album versions and both were recorded at Wisseloord... Should U2 consider recording an album overthere and use the Wisseloord tech's?

Just a thought (after hearing the outstanding new version of OOTS on the radio again)...

no, but what they should try again is to write songs, play them live for a couple months then record the album. Seems u2 songs dont really get going till they are played live. Thats why these versions are better than the album ones in my opinion

Logistically this is impossible, record company would never allow it (endless boots of the songs before the record would be recorded)

malcolmbeaton said:
no, but what they should try again is to write songs, play them live for a couple months then record the album. Seems u2 songs dont really get going till they are played live. Thats why these versions are better than the album ones in my opinion

Logistically this is impossible, record company would never allow it (endless boots of the songs before the record would be recorded)
U2 has doen that many times before... Maybe 2 out of 3 singles were re-recorded for single release since Zooropa!

But these two (Please and Original Of The Species) are fár better than the original... I can't believe it's coincidence... Wisseloord studio's is well known in de recording industry... All the big names have recorded there once...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
unless the tech's actually produced the track, what's the difference?
Than you don't know how important the engineers are in the recording process... ;)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
obviously not

but who's to say they didn't bring in their own people?
I do.. Just look at the credit's of the single releases...

Back
Top Bottom