Willie Williams leaving the tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chyland

The Fly
One bad thing Bono announced tonight was how this was the last show for Willie Williams, and he's told the band it's for good, but Bono doubts it, and says that once you're in U2's family, there's no getting out...hopefully it's not the last we've heard from Willie

Well, that would explain why Wille's diary never came back.

Yeah, I was shocked when I heard that. Bono dedicated Yahweh to him and sounded really sad.

in the middle of a tour though?

something must be up. whatever that is, i haven't a clue.

he did good work though, no doubt about that.

Maybe they can stop using the fancy visuals as an excuse for the lame setlists?

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

maybe willie got personal reasons..............if they would have run into trouble bono would've never announced the leaving of willie..........let's hope it's nothing serious...............
bye willie!:heart:

do we know exactly what Bono said about Willy last night?
this could be pretty serious for the future of U2 tours... I thought he would be back for the 3rd leg...

My only reason for visiting u2.com has just disappeared.

Is this official? Any confirmation? He has been moving in Mysterious Ways lately! :|

It seems like everything with this tour has been an uphill battle. It will interesting to see what happens after Portland.

:sad: :( :shocked: :sigh:

he is an amazing talent! Did some amazing things over the years! Gonna miss him! I hope all is ok with him and that it is a career move and not a personal reason. The boys are gonna miss him something fierce. It is a family with the U2 crew. Everyone has been there for many many years! So I can see why they would be very sad about it. Hopefully we all will get more info from willie or the u2 camp as to why he is leaving.

:hmm: it does lead one to wonder how the impact of his leaving is going to affect the rest of the tour and future tours.

chyland said:
One bad thing Bono announced tonight was how this was the last show for Willie Williams, and he's told the band it's for good, but Bono doubts it, and says that once you're in U2's family, there's no getting out...hopefully it's not the last we've heard from Willie

I wonder if he was offended or something? I've heard people comment on how the current tour design is static and a rehash of previous outings, but I personally enjoyed it the other night in Toronto. It was a powerful presentation.

Back
Top Bottom