Willie Is Back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the new visuals on oots look great! Also looking for the reworked version of Streets, looks like the flags are finished!!!! Bring back the red lights!

u2wedge said:
Maybe Gone will make a reappearance.

21 March 2006:

9:43pm: Gone debuts on tour.
9:45pm: Axver is found on the ground after collapsing from joy.

Axver said:

21 March 2006:

9:43pm: Gone debuts on tour.
9:45pm: Axver is found on the ground after collapsing from joy.

9:50pm: Axver regains consciousness. The bloke standing next to him says "it's ok mate, you only missed something about a river running to the sea."

Some interesting stuff regarding visuals:
"[...]We had a brief catch up afterwards but agreed to meet at noon tomorrow to make a final plan. It had got really quite cold again by this time, so we sent the crew for cups of tea before settling in to another night’s programming. Most of what we did last night was pretty good, but the new visuals for “End of the World” needed some tidying up and the visuals for “One” didn’t work - it was all too big and distracting. Both of these we worked on and made a big improvement.

“End of the World” uses footage of fall out from atomic bomb tests, taken from a U.S. government archive film reel which - en masse and in isolation - makes for incredibly depressing viewing. By way of redeeming it in the name of art, we abstracted it, chopped it up and put it through an interference blender, so it now has the look of the band coming through your TV during a nuclear war. It’s just charming. I also took another run at “One” and nailed it. Much simpler, less busy, fewer words and more buffalo. How could I have been so blind?[...]"

Yeah.. it's good to have both Willie and his diaries back aboard the Vertigo Tour...
I guess he just wanted to have a break from a smooth running tour and focus on something different for a while..

Back
Top Bottom