Will U2 Play Songs From The New Album On This Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miggy D

War Child
Hello everyone!

U2 is an awesome band. It is much better than the Beatles, Coldplay, Bon Jovi, The Rolling Stones, Ricky Martin, and even Gwen Stefani solo. These people/bands are not talented. They suck.

But even though U2 is really really awesome, what if they don't play the new album on this tour? What if they decide, 'hey, we have lots of great hits, and Bono's voice is not doing too well, so let's just play all of the old songs since people already know the words. That way when Bono can't sing some nights, people can sing for him and he will lip sync to the audience!'

I am really scared guys. I really *heart* the new album and I think it is great. It has some great songs. Like Crumbs From Your Table. And Yahweh. Some of them are only ok to good, but most of them are great to really awesome.

Which is why I am scared, like I said. What if the band decides not to play these awesome new songs? Do you really think they might not do that, play new songs? This would be bad.

Please guys, can someone post an article, or like a newspaper article or something from a magazine that would help confirm that the band is going to play new songs off the album?

I think I heard Larry say once that he 'couldn't remember Crumbs.' I think that was on the DVD. The band is already forgetting about the new material! I think this is evidence. We should start getting very worried and sending letters to U2 saying PLEASE! Play the new songs, guys!

So what do you think? Do you think U2 will play the new songs, or do you think they will only play songs from 1980-2000? :(

- A Very Worried Miggy D

Last edited:
Of course they will play the new songs, just look at the promo tour! We already got 6 songs off HTDAAB, and the tour didn't even start yet.
The band said many times they're excited about going on the road.

As for Crumbs, I think Edge said something like "Crumbs is the only songs we ever recorded that we could play completely pissed."
:D Maybe that's why Larry doesn't remember recording the song.

Miggy D said:
Hello everyone!

U2 is an awesome band. It is much better than the Beatles, Coldplay, Bon Jovi, The Rolling Stones, Ricky Martin, and even Gwen Stefani solo. These people/bands are not talented. They suck.

You might have some complaints on this one!

Not Ricky Martin and Bon Jovi of course!:wink:

Miggy D said:
Hello everyone!

Please guys, can someone post an article, or like a newspaper article or something from a magazine that would help confirm that the band is going to play new songs off the album?

They state all the time that "Live is were we LIVE", and how they cant wait to get out and perform the songs for the fans.
Im in the UK, and I PROMISE, I have heard Bono, and the others, saying what I just quoted. The J.Ross show, Radio 1 with Jo Whiley, Radio 2 interview...you've no need to worry!!

U2girl said:
Of course they will play the new songs, just look at the promo tour! We already got 6 songs off HTDAAB, and the tour didn't even start yet.
The band said many times they're excited about going on the road.

As for Crumbs, I think Edge said something like "Crumbs is the only songs we ever recorded that we could play completely pissed."
:D Maybe that's why Larry doesn't remember recording the song.

Yeah, but what if they change their minds!

U2 is so fickle. One year they're chimey guitars and Bono has long hair and the next minute they're playing techno beats and Bono's head is shaved!

You don't know for SURE that they'll play new songs on the tour tour. This is just a pre-tour, this doesn't count. They can play all they want on the back of a truck...I am afraid they won't play it in a stadium. :(

-A Distraught Miggy D

MD said:
You don't know for SURE that they'll play new songs on the tour tour.
Then you'll have to be worried for the next few months.

U2 will not degenerate to a traveling Greatest Hits tour for at least another 10 years.

Are you sure U2 are better than Ricky Martin and Gwen Stefani? I'm really worried now. What if they play only songs off Boy and October? Then they certainly can't be better than RickyMartin

:lol:

Last edited:
:huh: The Beatles suck ???? and no talent ?, :laugh: .. Ricky Martin and Gwen.. They SUCK seriously,, The way they suck is not just ordinary suckness. Its the very definition of SUCK, when it comes to music.

Anyway, then ofcourse U2 will play their new songs. They always do,

Dont worry about this at all,,They will serve you a hot dish of HTDAAB.

Last edited:
This is a stupid thread. Obviously they will play the new songs. And next time you have a question, don't post about how other bands suck, it turns people off.

Unless the post was supposed to be sarcastic. I hope so.

Huh?

Miggy D, are you serious??? or are you joking..
You actually think they wouldn't play any of the new songs.. You must be a new fan or something and not know much about music or U2 or anything about why bands tour... They tour to promote their new album, and play the new songs live... And as far as you talking about U2 changing and Bono having long hair and short hair. This happen over a long period of time where the bands change which is why U2 is so great.. But you just don't have a clue about tours at all.
But really,,, I can't believe you started this thread,
I this a joke?

I HAIT DIS ALBUM!!!1! I HOPE YOR RITE MIGGY!!!!11!!! DEY BETTER NOT MAKE US PUKE WIT DA NUE SONGS!1!11!!!!!!!!

How much do you want to bet they won't play the new songs? I'm in with my life savings.

Is this for real? I think this wins for most stupid thread EVER!!

And I think U2 are going to go Phish on us and play the White Album and nothing but the White Album. Not just once a tour, as Phish does, but every night.

Yeppers..pete even better...U2 going "Phish" on us.. another great idea :wink:

<<<Also agrees again...This thread wins the award for "The most stupid thread ever" !!

:huh:

Still can't get over that someone actually posted this..:eyebrow:

I think that they will play at least 4 or 5 of the new songs on each show of the new tour. And I say more: we'll have a new DVD next December, featuring a concert from this tour, like the Boston DVD.
- How to dismantle an atomic bomb? Well, first you have to find it Mr. Bush...

:wink:

I figured anyone who's read any of my other posts would 'get' this thread. Especially considering the timing, right after jick posted his 'will U2 ignore their golden era?' thread, dissing the Beatles, Radiohead, etc.

It's kind of amazing people would think that I would lump in Gwen Stefani with the Beatles. I tried to make that list of artists so ludicrous that people would know from the get-go I was being entirely sarcastic. I was just trying to comment on the rather dumb threads that have been popping up lately, by making a satirical one of my own.

Hasta,

-Miggy D

Back
Top Bottom