Will I be able to see the backdrop if I sit next to the stage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDFan

The Fly
Here is the deal. I'm going to the Wachovia Center on October 16th. I have seats in section 207A. These seats give you a great view of everything, but you are pretty far away. I'm thinking about upgrading to seats in section 124. It's next the stage, but it might be a good view. I was just asking for people who have gone to shows at any venue and sat in a similar section. Were you able to see all the stuff on the backdrop. I'll attach a seating chart.

large_endstageCenter.jpg

Trust me, if you're that close to the stage, the visuals become secondary. I was in the ellipse and the lighting was the last thing I was concerned about watching. And the lighting is designed to be viewed 360 degrees anyway, so while you might get a side view, you'll still get the jist of it.

You can't really see the visuals anywhere. I mean, you could see everything if you're centered perfectly in GA, in section 107, 21-23, 207, or pink 4-6. Otherwise, even if you can see most of the screens, you still won't be able to tell what you're supposed to be seeing on them unless you already know what the visuals are before going to the show. Needless to say, the band horribly fucked up the visual aspect of the this show (and by "visual," I'm using a strict definition of "whatever they have on their pseudo-tvs, this time").

It's still a good show if Bono isn't fucking everything up (and, in all fairness, he hasn't done TOO much of that), and you should be okay. You won't be able to see the screens, but don't worry. They're not only a bad idea, they're also worthless even if you're in one of the few worthy sections. Resolution is bad, images are pointless, boring, ugly, all of the above, and even more negative adjectives. The band, as has been said, is what ultimately matters...even though they keep insisting that they spent a lot of effort (time, maybe...) on the design of the whole thing. Good songs and a good performances, no matter how you really look at it, makes or breaks the show. You should be set.

I hope... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom