Will Europe see the premier of Electrical Storm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cmb737 said:

Semantics...but it never appeared on an album other than a greatest hits compilation. Many of their songs are now played with prerecorded guitar tracks, and have for years, which I am simply saying is not something they are above.

Very few of their songs sound like the album...(imho) better or worse? everyone makes up their own mind.

Do you think I'm a U2 moron or something? I guess I should have said "sudio version". Also I know that they use a lot of prerecorded tracks, but they don't use any that are as much a part of the mix as the acoustic part in Electrical Storm. Think about the songs the used a prerecorded track on Zoo Station, Zoo TV Fly (although this is still debated as many, including myself, think the third part was played by Dallas), 11 O Clock Tick Tock, etc. The prerecorded tracks are so subtle they just fall into the mix. Not many people out in the crowd are saying "Whoa who's playing that other guitar part?" b/c they can't even really hear it. Hell sometimes I have trouble hearing it. That's a big difference to using a track to do the acoustic part on Electrical Storm. It would be very noticable that no one is playing acoustic unlike many of those other songs. They don't use the lead track on ABOY b/c it works without it. Electrical Storm will not work without that part. It just won't. Usually I think that U2 takes it up a notch with live versions, but I don't see it happening with this one.

No...it was a trivial comment about the album. My point was that I think they would probably just alter the arrangement (for better or worse) and still try and play the song as they do for most of their songs. Very few actually are completely true to the studio recording. Yes, I know you know this...but I can't respond without stating something even though I am sure you are aware of it. Just looking at it a different way. You aren't a U2 moron by any means, not at all what I was trying to imply. Here's hoping they play it in some form.

Last edited:
There are a lot of songs that could have struggled from studio to live settings, but they still pulled it off. I think it will be played. There's nothing in the song that will stop it appearing.

Back
Top Bottom