Will Call Info/Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UKTan

War Child
Hi,

A friend bought a couple of tickets for one of the Las Vegas shows on "Will Call". They now can't make the show and I want to buy those tickets & collect them. Thing is, I have no idea if I'll be allowed to collect them cos I'm not the person that originally bought them. I'll have the credit card used to pay for them but if the box office ppl insist on Photo ID too, I'm going to be a bit stuffed.

I've collected via Will Call in US before but don't recall having to show any ID but wonder if that varies from venue to venue. Was just wondering if anyone else that had to collect had had to show ID before?.

I also thought about trying to get TM to transfer the tickets onto my credit card but I know someone who tried before and didn't get anywhere...has anyone else successfully managed to get TM to transfer tix to another persons credit card?

Any advice/info would be welcome as I'm very nervous about flying all the way from UK to Las Vegas without knowing for sure I can collect the tickets when I get there.

Thanks
Tanya

I had a will call ticket for the May show in NYC. In the end, I didn't have to show any ID, because at MSG there was this machine you could collect your will call tickets from. Just put the credit card into the machine and it printed the ticket for you. Of course the ticket was one of the ugliest imaginable, but still, you got your will call ticket without any hassles (like standing in line, maybe showing photo ID, etc.). However, I don't know if they have these machines at every venue...

Any way your friend can try to call to make arrangements on your behalf? Seeing as the tickets are in their name, maybe they can give permission for you to pick them up or have the credit card info switched to your name or something?

Never done will call myself, but its just a thought...

Hope it works out for you!

This is how it works. The purchaser has to call ticketmaster and arrange this. IF ticketmaster will do this, you will have to bring to the arena, your ID, the original or a photo copy of your friends credit card (all the numbers but the last 4 can be blocked out i think). Just call ticketdisaster and they will set it up.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing tomorrow in Boston. My roomate ordered the ticket cause I only had cash, no credit. So, she wrote a note for me to pick it up. That's all you have to do. Is have a note and their phone number. I've done this before.

SMB

OH... and the confirmantion CODE. A note, your friends phone number and the confirmantion code. If you need the card digits, just call your friend.

SMB

Shawn Bonneau said:
OH... and the confirmantion CODE. A note, your friends phone number and the confirmantion code. If you need the card digits, just call your friend.

SMB

By confirmation code, I presume u mean the order confirmation number that TM would have sent when the tickets were bought?. Just want to be absolutely clear :)

strwar718 said:
This is how it works. The purchaser has to call ticketmaster and arrange this. IF ticketmaster will do this, you will have to bring to the arena, your ID, the original or a photo copy of your friends credit card (all the numbers but the last 4 can be blocked out i think). Just call ticketdisaster and they will set it up.

I second this method plus a copy/printout of the order if possible.

yeah i went through this
the purchaser of the tickets has to get hold of ticketmaster and provide them with an authorisation of who they're allowing to collect the tickets along with their own photo ID, and a copy of the front and back of the credit card used to purcahse them. i had in fact lost that credit card so i sent them a copy of the statement showing the purchase as well as a statment of the old card with a matching address to the new card.

i've then sent all this on to the guys who's taken the tickets off me along with another letter of confirmation for him to show ticketmbastard and he obviously has to take his own ID to show he's the person i quthorised this to
. so it can be done, you need to prove a lot but it's not exactly difficult and they were pretty good responding to me.

one thing to be careful of - when i enquired about this i was told that i had only up untill a certain date (about 1 month before the show) with which to authorise a change otherwise it would be too late for ticketmaster to do this and then only the credit card holder could collect the ticket.

so make sure it's not too late

deffinetly contact ticketmaster first... some venues are stricter than others when it comes to this stuff. so while you may be able to get away with just having his/her credit card and a note at some venues, you may not at others. so rather than take that chance, contact ticketmaster first. i would imagine that las vegas would be one of the more strict venues when it comes to things like this.

also, see if the person can get the tickets transfered from will call to ticketfast, so that you can just print them out ahead of time and not have to worry about taking someone else's credit card or any of that stuff. would make everyone's life much much easier.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
deffinetly contact ticketmaster first... some venues are stricter than others when it comes to this stuff. so while you may be able to get away with just having his/her credit card and a note at some venues, you may not at others. so rather than take that chance, contact ticketmaster first. i would imagine that las vegas would be one of the more strict venues when it comes to things like this.

also, see if the person can get the tickets transfered from will call to ticketfast, so that you can just print them out ahead of time and not have to worry about taking someone else's credit card or any of that stuff. would make everyone's life much much easier.

I never thought about the Ticketfast option, but am I right in assuming thats for US residence only? The problem is my friend is UK based too. I was wondering tho if TM might be open to the idea of shipping the tix to a US based address...might be something else to try :hmm:

digsy said:

one thing to be careful of - when i enquired about this i was told that i had only up untill a certain date (about 1 month before the show) with which to authorise a change otherwise it would be too late for ticketmaster to do this and then only the credit card holder could collect the ticket.

so make sure it's not too late

That approx 1 month limit has me worried now...my friend is away for a few days its about a month to the shows lol. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I don't have bloody U2 tickets to stress about :huh: :crazy:

Thanks again for all the info/advice. It's appreciated :)

Headache in a Suitcase said:

might be us based only... not sure. i don't know why it would be, though... a pdf file is a pdf file.

Very true...but Ticketmaster IS Ticketmaster lol...I'll check :)

they won't post to another adress or do ticketfast in my experience.
if you purchased willcall, the tickets have to stay willcall, at least thats what they told me

I too am collecting from Will Call for the Saturday show (GA). Any ideas if they will allow me to collect the Saturday tickets on the Friday, or is it strictly on the morning of the concert?

Back
Top Bottom