Why stand in line if the ellipse is all luck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trav15

Babyface
Hi, i currently have GA tickets for Detroit on the 25th and I wondering what the point of standing out in the cold is when it is all luck weather or not people get into the ellipse. I understand that people want to get up close but what if i want to show up around 5 or so? Do you have to be there at a certain time to make it into the ellipse?

Rock on!

Because if you don't get the ellipse, you want the best spot among the other thousands who didn't get lucky either?

On the Elevation tour when there was no lottery - it will first come first serve - but still many people passed on the heart to be on the outer rail.

Some prefer the outer rail so you are not doing the hokey-pokey turning around in the ellipse all night.

ahhhh i see, but does it matter what time you get there if you only care about being in the ellipse? I also heard that in front of the sound booth is not a bad spot either....i mean obviously i would rather be close but....i don't want to be all squished up front outside the ellipse because i was in that position before and there is no room to move up there

trav15 said:
ahhhh i see, but does it matter what time you get there if you only care about being in the ellipse? I also heard that in front of the sound booth is not a bad spot either....i mean obviously i would rather be close but....i don't want to be all squished up front outside the ellipse because i was in that position before and there is no room to move up there

id say get there by 6 or 6:30 just to be sure you get a chance to scan. once they rull out of wristbands they stop scanning.

One would think you need to get there at 4am the night before
to get a good position. I had 2 sets of GA tix for both Elevation and Vertigo at Madison Square Garden and have had tremendous success getting amazing spots by showing up maybe 1 to 1.5 hours before the doors open. I've never been more then 3 people deep from the rail both inside and out of the heart/ellipse stage. There have always been at least a few hundred people in front of me, but you have to remember some get into the circle, some stop along the walk to the floor to get food/use the bathroom and the rest are spread out along the rail that runs against a huge part of the stage.

Here are a few good reasons:

344%3C379523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3237%3E3%3C5%3E76%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C4343%3B%3A89nu0mrj

344%3C379523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3237%3E3%3C5%3E76%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C43458636nu0mrj

No zoom. Only needed the flash because my camera takes blurry pictures without it. Nothing in front of me but U2. It's well worth spending the night at the arena to get a rail spot. :yes: Those of us who aren't lucky enough to scan into the elipse have to make our own luck!

Those are 2 damn good reasons Schmeg! :yes:
Only I can't get there at the crack of dawn... Maybe mid-morning, 11am-12pm. We'll see how things work out as the show nears... I have some camera questions for you - is there a good thread that you know of that I should review, or perhaps you can PM me? (I have no patience to search and read 30 pages of a thread, if you could help :hug: )

What happens with an odd venue like the MGM in Vegas when they won't allow people to line up until 4pm in only ONE line no less.......this is going to SUCK.

Back
Top Bottom