Why not show Hawaii concert on Pay-per-view?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bfraim

Babyface
This would seem to be a slam dunk from a financial standpoint. Plus, the band would satisfy a lot of people around the country/world who could not make it to the final concert of the tour...

Before the last shows were postponed I remember a rumour about some australian TV broadcasting one of the Sydney gigs... can anyone confirm it?

I'll make sure to wave at everyone hahha

sorry to fill the thread, but I had to say something//

I just don't see any downside to this- especially since the band could keep the rights to the broadcast and release it as a DVD later a la Popmart in Mexico City.

Let's hope this happens- the addition of the Pearl Jam set would make it that much sweeter!

Or do it Live8 Style via the AOL broadcast... free of course.

Hell, have everyone donate $5 bucks to the One campaign for access or something.

HBO did televise Janet Jackson's concert from Aloha Stadium a few years back.

Definitely think we need a petition, maybe we could convince Abel to start one :) She did great with the Save Invasion one ;)

That would be awesome. I actually just found out I'm going to Hawaii, and I am in absolute shock.

But it made me think how sweet it would be to have a U2/Pearl Jam dual DVD.

I mean, the night is gonna be pretty fucking special, so it would be wise to share it with the world.

bfraim said:
This would seem to be a slam dunk from a financial standpoint. Plus, the band would satisfy a lot of people around the country/world who could not make it to the final concert of the tour...

seriously this would be so ___( fill in the blank.)

Hey, Principal, Paul Mc... are you listening??

What time zone is Hawaii in?
I can't imagine half of the people in Europe get up in the middle of the night to catch a show on TV ...

And I cannot remember anything broadcast pay-per-view over here

nicodepiko said:
What time zone is Hawaii in?
I can't imagine half of the people in Europe get up in the middle of the night to catch a show on TV ...

And I cannot remember anything broadcast pay-per-view over here

Wouldnt really matter. ZooTV from Sydney was on Pay per view in N. America, it was tape delayed obviously and was not live. They could do the same thing.

Wont happen, but it could be done if they wanted. :shrug:

a showtime of approx. 9pm in hawaii would make it 2am in New York, 7am in London.

popmart in mexico was broadcast live on either HBO or Showtime (and MTV for the first half of it i think)... if i recall correctly it went off at 11pm in new york, which is really about as late as they could start it to have it work in the states. so unless they were to start the hawaii show at 6pm hawaii time, any PPV or regular broadcast would have to be on tape delay.

i would watch it at 7am :yes:
if it was on Sky Box Office, then there would be reruns throughtout the week also.

Back
Top Bottom