Why did they leave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Why did they leave?

• They were stoned. :crack:

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • They were bored. : |

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • They thought they were going to see ______ (insert country singer's name here).

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • They heard Yahweh and were unpleasantly surprised that U2 plays rock and roll. :bono:

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • They suddenly remembered they'd left the curling iron plugged in.

Votes: 27 27.6%

• Total voters

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
The people sitting next to me in Portland got up and left in the middle of Love and Peace. WTF? They were sitting down the entire time before they left. :rolleyes:

Choose a reason or make up your own! And, no, it wasn't due to my dancing.

I'm an excellent dancer. :nerd:

The same thing happened with a couple in front of us at the Franz Ferdinand concert. Why come if you're just going to get pissed off if you can't sit down the entire concert and still see? :tsk: The concert was excellent, too.

Maybe one of them wasn't feeling well, but they thought they'd try and make it through the show, rather than waste the tickets they'd bought.

Or they were lame-ass losers. :wink:

amerrydeath said:
The same thing happened with a couple in front of us at the Franz Ferdinand concert. Why come if you're just going to get pissed off if you can't sit down the entire concert and still see? :tsk: The concert was excellent, too.

Did i mention that we're gonna get Franz Ferdinand as openers... :wink:

They probably only knew U2 from the Vertigo iPod commercial and just came to see that song? :hmm:

Really I have no clue why you would leave, unless you just LIKE wasting money. What a worthless use of a ticket. Let's get em guys!!!!

YARRRRGGHHHH! :madwife:

catlhere said:

Really I have no clue why you would leave, unless you just LIKE wasting money. What a worthless use of a ticket. Let's get em guys!!!!

YARRRRGGHHHH! :madwife:

Yeah! : pitchforks and torches:

They were positively mortified when I was singing (rapping?) and dancing along to parts of Kanye's show. :D

God bless the early leavers.

Freeing up pairs of good seats allows many savvy real U2 fans to depart their $45 upper-deck behind-the-stage crap locations and head down to these newly vacated $165 seats.

Early leavers rule.:drool: :drool: :drool:

U2girl1978 and I were together at Boston; same thing happened to us,,a couple in front of us fought over "what a lousy band this was...!" WTF!! they left, everyone else around us sat while Julianne and I danced away...:up:

Mr. BAW said:
U2girl1978 and I were together at Boston; same thing happened to us,,a couple in front of us fought over "what a lousy band this was...!" WTF!! they left, everyone else around us sat while Julianne and I danced away...:up:

Lousy band?? Did they NOT know where they were going when they left the house?

"Say, I have tickets to some band's concert...wanna go?"

"Who are they?"

"Not sure...U3? Something like that. Wanna go?"

"Okay!"

Idiots!

20054.jpg

Wow unreal, i drove 22hrs through freezing rain and a snowy mountain pass to see this show, and people left early? wtf?

What pisses me off about these situations is the fact that other cool, die-hard U2 fans may not have been able to get tickets... :mad:

:shrug: it's just a fact of the ticketing industry. the tickets that are given to businesses and indursty types, etc. etc. were never on sale to the public in the first place.

when they end up not being claimed or used, then they'll go back into the pool... normaly ending up in ticket drops online or day of show at the box office.

happens at just about every single event at a major venue... be it a sporting event or a concert.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
:shrug: it's just a fact of the ticketing industry. the tickets that are given to businesses and indursty types, etc. etc. were never on sale to the public in the first place.

when they end up not being claimed or used, then they'll go back into the pool... normaly ending up in ticket drops online or day of show at the box office.

happens at just about every single event at a major venue... be it a sporting event or a concert.

:rant: I hate seeing yuppies who don't know ANY of the songs sitting down because their poor feet are tired or something.

Although I shouldn't complain, one of my shows was a result of "giveaways" to businesses and my friends' parents didn't want to go. :drool: They were damn good tickets, too.

Perhaps they had another commitment (like kids) and had to leave at a certain time. I've had to leave things because I needed to be home at a certain time before.

Or maybe they just didn't like 'em. :shrug:

I have to leave early if I have to catch the train home and the last train out leaves before the concert is over. Maybe that's it :shrug:

Some people also always have to beat traffic, they don't like to get stuck in it.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I have to leave early if I have to catch the train home and the last train out leaves before the concert is over. Maybe that's it :shrug:

Some people also always have to beat traffic, they don't like to get stuck in it.

Really? At all the concerts I went to they specifically held the local trains/transportation. I'd think the money they lost doing that would be a lot less pain than the inconvenience of thousands of people stranded on the streets... :shrug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom