Why did they leave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Why did they leave?

• They were stoned. :crack:

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • They were bored. : |

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • They thought they were going to see ______ (insert country singer's name here).

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • They heard Yahweh and were unpleasantly surprised that U2 plays rock and roll. :bono:

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • They suddenly remembered they'd left the curling iron plugged in.

Votes: 27 27.6%

• Total voters
The couple next to me at Vegas II left after maybe 4 songs :|

They stood off and on during those 4 songs but couldn't manage to stand through an entire song.

My theory is that one of them was fighting a really bad flu or something wanted to stay but couldn't hack it.

They missed one hell of a show

redkat said:
The couple next to me at Vegas II left after maybe 4 songs :|

Maybe they were offended by all that dancing during Mysterious Ways! But, that would be horrible if they left because one of them was too sick to make it through the show.

I would prefer that people leave if they're bored, rather than distracting those around them by having loud non-U2 related conversations WHILE the guys are on stage. That's just rude! :mad:

They only way I can see someone leaving the concert out of boredom is if they didn't actually pay for the tickets themselves--they got them thru work or were given to them. If I'm paying for a concert, especially one as expensive as U2, I'm going to generally be familiar with the band and even if it sucks I won't leave. I don't want to waste my money, haha.

I once had to leave a concert (not a U2 show though) in order to catch the last train connection home. And I paid for it. Granted the seat was extremely crap up in the nosebleeds so that didn't help.

Re: Re: Re: Why did they leave?

martha said:

Let's just say my main influences are Ann-Margret and Elvis Presley. :wink:

So long as it's not like the Elaine dance from Seinfeld!:lol:

And on the topic of folks leaving during a U2 concert---sheesh, IDIOTS!!

how about folks who never show up in the first place?

actually, im pretty grateful to at least a couple of folks who didn't show in portland. i gave myself an "upgrade" into some empty seats before the show started, and luckily, no one ever showed up to kick out of their seats. i was able to move up from the very last row to the fifth row (of the 300 level leastways)

If it's not With Or Without You, or I Will Follow, or any of those songs -- they'll walk away until the hits start getting performed.

Back
Top Bottom