Who's SICK of this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure on the next tour US of A gets more tickets than anyone else - again

Chizip said:

but more tickets were available to people in Europe than in the US :eyebrow:

Yeah, great to have the first hour of so without the light effects and having to use binoculars if you're not close enough. Add to that the setlists US legs got and how much of Europe continent got skipped.

Last edited:
Jack In The Box said:

5 hours? that's nothing! I had to fly 11 hours

And I did 30+ hours. Every second was worth it.

This thread is the ultimate in lame.

How would I be sick of U2's best ever tour......................I'm sad it's finishing, I have always a great time when the guys are around, even when I don't see them I feel them near to me as very fine and huge friends...............................................

when this tour was announced i thought i was only going to get to see one show, but i was able to see four. in three different states. and while i am very, very grateful for that, i too, am glad it's over (for me, at least). my third and fourth shows on this tour were here in las vegas, and on the first night, i actually found myself growing a bit bored with the show. thankfully, the second night was awesome, and i'm glad it's the show that ended the tour for me.

then i went to see fiona apple at house of blues and realized wow, i want to start seeing shows like this again. shows where there isn't such a rabid hype or panic to get tickets, or to get into an ellipse, or stand all night in line. mellow shows.

i think it's great that so many people saw them so many times on this tour, but for me, enough is enough.

It's all about the $$$.. well a lot of it lol.. These guys (and every band) cash in on touring, not the album.....If they can play and play and play and sell out...good for them lol

i'm sick of it only because you hear about them being in America all the time, [thankfully that's finished] However it's great to hear they're going to tour South America, Australia, New Zealand et al again! Perhaps this means they might play some songs they haven't played in quite a while?

I'm just bitter because I only got to see them once, you must understand :wink: Best show I've ever been to though AND it was a superb setlist! (Cardiff 29/6) I think we got one of the better ones, personally!

I just think they need to shake up the setlists a LOT more now they've got some time off and another leg coming.

indra said:

actually usually those plans didn't involve greasepaint as much as spray cheese (don't ask), large car trunks, and secluded cabins where sound doesn't travel far and the neighbors aren't nosey. :evil:

:hmm:

:love:

:shifty:

You are one sick puppy and I applaud you!!!!!! Merry Christmas! :)

cool point

bonosgirl84 said:
when this tour was announced i thought i was only going to get to see one show, but i was able to see four. in three different states. and while i am very, very grateful for that, i too, am glad it's over (for me, at least). my third and fourth shows on this tour were here in las vegas, and on the first night, i actually found myself growing a bit bored with the show. thankfully, the second night was awesome, and i'm glad it's the show that ended the tour for me.

then i went to see fiona apple at house of blues and realized wow, i want to start seeing shows like this again. shows where there isn't such a rabid hype or panic to get tickets, or to get into an ellipse, or stand all night in line. mellow shows.

i think it's great that so many people saw them so many times on this tour, but for me, enough is enough.

I had fun seeing Chicago, Milwaukee, and Cleveland Shows, BUT I am readly for those small intimate venue shows as well. My husband and I are big fans of a lot of different music and love going to the small clubs in Chicago. I am sooooo looking forward to one of my favorite live acts.....The Flaming Lips! Now THAT is a freaking PARTY! We also love to see Wilco, Eels, The Marz Volta, Neil Young.....etc. It is so much fun, showing up to the venue after having a few drinks, getting great balcony seats at the Metro, and then hitting a late dinner at 11:00 p.m. in the city!
After touring the other countries...I will be ready for some new material as well!

I wish I could have seen more U2 shows, I only saw 2. The thing to remember here is that reading,listening,watching,viewing U2 is entirely your choice. If you are bored with them, their music or their tours then just wait till they tour again. People in the Rest of the World (ie, not europe or america) don't get the chances to see them too often and U2 have to remember they have fans who want to see them there. Sure, we all wish U2 would pump out great album after great album every 2 years, but they are a touring band and that means playing for as many fans as they can within reason.
I would be pretty pissed if I lived in New Zealand and they kept playing USA and Europe.

WalkOn21 said:

Well, boo-hoo. You people seriously annoy me.

I went to 0 shows, because there were way too less tickets available here. And there you are, having seen 2 shows and still complaining.

Get a life.

Perhaps you should read all of my post before insulting me. I said "only" because a lot of people here have been to 4, 7, 10+ concerts. And whilst I'm not sure if I'd go to 10 concerts, I would certainly go to more than 2, if I had the opportunity. Why? For the opportunity to hear different songs, in different places with different crowds.

The rest of my post went on to say that people outside of the "major markets" deserve a chance to see U2, in response to the original comment that U2 should stop the tour and start recording again. I didn't mean to continue touring so people like myself could see them multiple times.

I am very glad I went to 2 shows, and since they were on a Tuesday and Wednesday in June when I had nothing else to do, I don't see how that means I need to "get a life". When you listen to as much U2 music as we here do, then seeing your band live (for me it was the first time I had been to any concert, never mind a u2 stadium show) is a great experience, a big part of enjoying yourself.

Just because you didn't get tickets for whatever reason doesn't mean you should insult others for enjoying themselves and wanting more of that enjoyment.

DPrinceNY said:

wow I love it how some ppl contribute so much to a thread.

His contribution was too good for this stupid thread.

I'm sick of it being in the USA. So many oppurtunities to see hundreds or shows, of course your bound to get sick of it. Why don't you count yourself lucky you got to see four shows!

And really, until U2 do a WORLD TOUR and NOT go to the USA, you can't say 'give it up'. Espeically since you've already seen them. I'm just looking forward to them coming to Australia and we dont need to hear anymore bitching over the lottery, or setlists *waaah waaah vertigo got played twice*

Sorry for getting all huffy, but i hate it when people don't seem to appreciate what they have got, and the proceed to not think of anyone else but themselves in regards to something!

dazzlingamy said:

Sorry for getting all huffy, but i hate it when people don't seem to appreciate what they have got, and the proceed to not think of anyone else but themselves in regards to something!

Well Said!!
Happy Christmas to all of you!!

WalkOn21 said:

Yeah. The USA is certainly not 2 times as big as Europe, but they're doing more than 2 times as many concerts in the USA. :eyebrow:

Oooh, let's talk about area!

Area of Europe: 10,790,000 km².
Area of Canada: 9,984,670 km²

Now you go and tell me how many shows you had in Europe and how many we had in Canada?

See what a silly comparison this is?

anitram said:

Oooh, let's talk about area!

Area of Europe: 10,790,000 km².
Area of Canada: 9,984,670 km²

Now you go and tell me how many shows you had in Europe and how many we had in Canada?

See what a silly comparison this is?

But a huge part of Canada isn't populated, am I right/wrong?

babyman said:

It's underpopulated.

But so what? They only played in Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver. You look on a map and tell me how close it was for a person in Winnipeg, Edmonton, St. John or Halifax to see a show? Take anyone in continental Europe and none of you were as far away from a show on your continent as half of the Canadian population was.

My point is that these comparisons are idiotic.

babyman said:

Indeed, so it makes sense they're playing in the big cities and less shows than more dense populated areas. (shall we look at population numbers?)

I am also guessing the eastern/southern countries in Europe don't have the same economic standard as US/Canada/EU - so it's harder for them to afford the shows. Also, a lot of fans travel on every continent U2 plays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom