Who's Gonna Try Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
U2.com sucks.

Even if you got tickets through U2.com, who is going to try their luck with the public sale?

I bet tickets in all areas are available.

I'm still going to try for GA's.. screw that. If I cant get them through ticketmaster.. I dont know what crazy thing I might do :sigh:

I'm going to try to get some more tickets in the public sale for L.A.

What is up with the pre-sale for Phoenix?

Don't understand it.

I am. I got seats in Chicago, but they're crappy. I'm going to try for GA or better seats through the general sale on Saturday. I figure it can't hurt to try. :shrug:

I'm trying again this weekend. All TM is offering me are nosebleed seats. WTF? I know I didn't shell out $40 for nosebleeds.

I'll cook anyone dinner, give them a ride to the show and let them stay at my house if they can help me get GA or atleast seats in the 100s for any of the SoCal shows....

<------------- is crying.

:sad:

Yo, (raises both hands) right here. I've got to get GA's for Denver. I'm still fuming over the fact that I paid $20 and then $40 for two presales that resulted in tickets I know I could have purchased easily on the general sale.

nbcrusader said:
U2atUSC - love the screen name

Where are your current tickets at Staples?

Nosebleeds, section 316, row 8.

It is up and to the side, but it's not behind the stage.

Staples upper deck is WAY, WAY up there though.

But hey, it's an arena, and the sound will be just as good up there as anywhere else.

They were the $98 seats.

angel_of_L.A. said:
I'm trying again this weekend. All TM is offering me are nosebleed seats. WTF? I know I didn't shell out $40 for nosebleeds.

I'll cook anyone dinner, give them a ride to the show and let them stay at my house if they can help me get GA or atleast seats in the 100s for any of the SoCal shows....

<------------- is crying.

:sad:

Cheer up Angel. You're not alone. Are you a good cook?

I will, of course, try again, but am not too hopeful based on this mess.

What is clear to me is that I want my money back.

it depends-if they don't even acknowlege this problem by sat, i'm seriously on the verge of being through with them

fans made this band and we deserve better. so far-not even a peep from an official source. you'd think it all went rosy from the looks of things.

meanwhile scalpers won and are making shitloads off rich fuckwads on ebay

I'm thinking about not even bothering to be honest........however, I had better success than a lot of people earlier this morning, so I think I've got an ok shot at a GA, especially because I'll only be getting one ticket.....

I will try and get some GA tickets for something, I dont even want to try and get Madison square garden tics, theres like a 1% of hitting that jackpot.

neutral said:
I might if I end up selling the Chicago tickets I got today that I can't really afford. :sigh: At the moment I'm starting to not CARE if I go but I guess I'll get over it. :slant:

1) We will see U2 at the Grammys

2) WE will hear reports of opening night. The "wowed" audience. We will hear MP3's online, we may even see footage on U2.com....

3) We will all go to the show and be so dazzled we'll all forget this mess.

This is our FAVORITE band people. I know this ticketing situation was as awful as a sitcom in its eighth season or higher, but this band WILL play to the best of their abilities and give us a good show. These aren't Yanni tickets!

neutral said:
I might if I end up selling the Chicago tickets I got today that I can't really afford. :sigh: At the moment I'm starting to not CARE if I go but I guess I'll get over it. :slant:

where are the seats?

good show or not-it doesn't matter if the fans can't enjoy it. if u2 plays a show and some yuppie pricks who buy tix on a whim from ebay scalpers fill the audience, does it make a sound?

U2atUSC said:

Nosebleeds, section 316, row 8.

It is up and to the side, but it's not behind the stage.

Staples upper deck is WAY, WAY up there though.

But hey, it's an arena, and the sound will be just as good up there as anywhere else.

They were the $98 seats.

I'm in 318.

Maybe we can share an oxygen tank....

BigMacPhisto said:

1) We will see U2 at the Grammys

2) WE will hear reports of opening night. The "wowed" audience. We will hear MP3's online, we may even see footage on U2.com....

3) We will all go to the show and be so dazzled we'll all forget this mess.

This is our FAVORITE band people. I know this ticketing situation was as awful as a sitcom in its eighth season or higher, but this band WILL play to the best of their abilities and give us a good show. These aren't Yanni tickets!

That's how I felt, MacPhisto.

That's why I went ahead and just bought the $98 seats, instead of being snooty and insisting on floor tickets.

U2atUSC said:

That's how I felt, MacPhisto.

That's why I went ahead and just bought the $98 seats, instead of being snooty and insisting on floor tickets.

You dont understand it though. You got your tickets.

There are MANY of us who would've taken anything only to get the shaft because of Ticketbastard.

Its not about the location of the tickets, its about just getting them to begin with. They charged us all $40 with the main attraction for most of us being the chance to get tickets in the presale, we got the chance only to get fucked up the ass at the end of the transaction by shitty ass Ticketmaster.

Who cares if we see them on fucking television at the overly hyped Grammys, who cares if we can watch countless DVDs. A U2 concert is a special expierience for US FANS.

Id rather see them in concert once every 3 years than watch them on TV at all.

Last edited:
Well I got the $160 reserved tickets at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, I will try to get some GA in the general sale, If I suceed, then I will sell my reserved seat tickets at face value to the first U2.com member (one that got screwed) that takes the offer.

I'm not giving up yet....at least I have tickets. Whew!

I say no now but I'm sure I'll try again. We promised to take my oldest son and his girlfriend and I really, really wanted to share the U2 experience with them. :sigh:

I'll try the public sale for better Anaheim tickets and probably sell the ones I have for face value.

I got a 49$ nosebleed seat for the Sat. Chicago show, and messed up an opportunity to get a good expensive seat by pausing too long on it...

Thinking about trying the general sale on Saturday to see if I could get a better ticket and then selling the nosebleed...

do people think I could get rid of such a thing?

I've never yet been to a U2 concert...do the bad seats in an arena show diminish the experience to the point of it being disappointing?!
I love the " c'mon this isn't a yanni concert" comment!

Given the unfortunate experience many people had I guess I feel lucky to have gotten anything. I really hope for the sake of the totally ticketless that there will be stuff available on Saturday!

cheers...

I think theres going to be even more broken hearts on Saturday.

Either there were not enough tickets alloted today in the presale or they were all snatched up insanely fast.

I will try again of course, but Im not holding my breath at all.

You can sell the $49 ticket, easily........just go on Craig's List or some other service........offer it up for $20 if you have to, at least it won't be a total loss......It is pretty freakin' ridiculous though that there will be better tickets for sale this weekend than the ones we were offered.

I will try again. I got decent lowers for San Diego and figured I can sell them easily if I get something better. But then I realized I was a doofus in choosing the Ticketfast option to receive my tickets by email because I'm not sure if someone would want to buy tickets printed out that way. I mean, I sure wouldn't unless I knew and trusted the person. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom