Who writes the news items for U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooMacPhisto800

War Child
What's with this?

"Weddings, funerals, bar mitzvahs: this band is available:
They keep mixing it up, with more changes to the set list for the second show in Chicago last night..."

Does this person live in complete denial?

I applaud the recent setlist changes, but holy crap dude, don't exagerate the setlist changes. Again, I'm really happy for the band and the fans (Walk On, The First Time - Awesome!), but we're not dumb, we've been keeping track of the setlists.

I heard it was this guy.....

MonkeyBusiness.jpg

I SERIOUSLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU GUYS ARE PAYING THESE PEOPLE.

sorry. I'll be quiet now.

rosa, i just pmd you about msg.

U2man! :wave: i got tickets to the opener and a couple of other shows through the presale, so it was worth it to me.

ruffian said:
rosa, i just pmd you about msg.

U2man! :wave: i got tickets to the opener and a couple of other shows through the presale, so it was worth it to me.

Hi ruff! :wave: OK then, they just keep surprising me, and I don't even have access to their site! :lmao:

chyland said:
It's Adam's brother Sebastian Clayton who did it before, might still be him.

Sebastian, I heard, has more to do with design and the performance of the website, and not the writing of content. Martin Wroe is the editor, but I don't know if it's him who writes the stuff either.

At any rate, U2.com misspelled Eddie Vedder as Veder the other day several times which I found priceless.

I'm always available for hire. :shrug:

my all time favorite was when they post one of the European setlists that proved to be wrong then wrote a whole paragraph about how the band played a song that the band most certainly did not play

I'm wondering what exactly they are planning on doing to entice us to shell out 40 dollars again - perhaps a drink coaster?
:wink:

nurse chrissi said:
my all time favorite was when they post one of the European setlists that proved to be wrong then wrote a whole paragraph about how the band played a song that the band most certainly did not play

I'm wondering what exactly they are planning on doing to entice us to shell out 40 dollars again - perhaps a drink coaster?

A keychain that will actually be able to hold keys this time? :hyper:

KUEFC09U2 said:
but there were changes in the set? both in structure and songs played?

For Chicago I and II, the main set had only two changes - Yahweh moved into the main set and each night, a different song followed The Ocean (Walk On on night one, WGRYWH on night two).

The real change came in the encore. Chicago II's encore was radically different to anything we've seen this tour and Chicago I's had the first First Time ever and the second Discotheque of tour.

As far as U2 goes, this was some pretty major change, but U2.com sound like they're exaggerating a bit!

And we all know U2.com is run by a pack of babboons - with the occasional other primate on their staff due to equal opportunity laws.

HelloAngel said:

Sebastian, I heard, has more to do with design and the performance of the website, and not the writing of content. Martin Wroe is the editor, but I don't know if it's him who writes the stuff either.

At any rate, U2.com misspelled Eddie Vedder as Veder the other day several times which I found priceless.

I'm always available for hire. :shrug:

:lol:

We should have a "u2.com screwup of the day" thread :reject:.

kellyahern said:

A keychain that will actually be able to hold keys this time? :hyper:

I'll settle for a keychain they actually send you. :|

nurse chrissi said:

I almost signed up until I saw that it was forty bucks a year. I don't know what will be worth the money in the non-tour years---no special tour stuff, etc.--unless they some good Melon CDs or something again. If so, let me know & I'll sign up! :wink:

nurse chrissi----residency application to be sent out this weekend. finally! :wave:

Axver said:
As far as U2 goes, this was some pretty major change, but U2.com sound like they're exaggerating a bit!

And we all know U2.com is run by a pack of babboons - with the occasional other primate on their staff due to equal opportunity laws.

Which is why the U2 camp should relax its policy about hiring fans. Why not hire professional writers who just happen to love U2 in a non-psychotic yet totally supportive way?

God knows the amount of time I spend busting my ass on Interference.com (most of which not even our intended audience sees) I could satisfy my real wants and needs by supporting the band in an official manner.

Axver said:

I'll settle for a keychain they actually send you. :|

axver - pm your address and I'll send you one

the baboons sent me 4

Carrie - I'll head on over there as one of your staff writers anyday

nurse chrissi said:
Carrie - I'll head on over there as one of your staff writers anyday

Aww... you're so great. :hug:

U2.com could be fantastic if they hired professionally trained journos who happen to be fans. I could still run the operation out of my small ass apartment and no one would be the wiser. Hell, I'm in NYC. Helllooooo.

Goodness. If U2.com took a look at the articles our zine staff here at Interference.com puts out - my goodness - they'd have content for weeks. Including opening band interviews the official site doesn't even have. :shrug:

Ah well.

And what's up with this:

SYCMIOYO: All words have first letter capitalized (including "it" and "on")

WTSHNN: Only "important" words have first letter capitalized ("have" and "no" deemed unimportant... I guess)

But then if you go back further, and look at the old setlists (like Dublin), "Have" is deemed important and has its "H" capitalized. Is there a pattern to this?

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
And what's up with this:

SYCMIOYO: All words have first letter capitalized (including "it" and "on")

WTSHNN: Only "important" words have first letter capitalized ("have" and "no" deemed unimportant... I guess)

But then if you go back further, and look at the old setlists (like Dublin), "Have" is deemed important and has its "H" capitalized. Is there a pattern to this?

What really annoys me is when they write "Pride in the name of love" or "Running to Standstill". Seriously, WTF? U2.com is just plain pathetic.

Axver said:

What really annoys me is when they write "Pride in the name of love" or "Running to Standstill". Seriously, WTF? U2.com is just plain pathetic.

I'm glad you agree. I've seen the "Running to Standstill" and it drives me bananas (no pun intended).

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

I'm glad you agree. I've seen the "Running to Standstill" and it drives me bananas (no pun intended).

What bothers me is that U2 is probably THE most particular (i.e. anal) band out there and you have these people working for them always making all sorts of mistakes. It can't be that they are under so much pressure to type a setlist in 13 seconds and get it online asap- there's time and they still fuck up. Plus, these are THE FREAKIN SONG TITLES- if you're gonna work for U2, know them for Christ's sake!! From preparation of the fan club changes to correct setlists to how the GA lines are going to be operated, I would think all of those things should reflect how well organized the band themselves are.

Honestly I think it is more important for them to list all the celebrities at the show than an accurate setlist.

I think the website folks are monkeys from the same tree as the people who write the lyrics in the cd booklets. There are so many times that the booklet's lyrics don't match what's actually in the song! There's the whole Vertigo twinkle/sparkle thing that was brought up again today or yesterday. My JT booklet says the opening line to One Tree Hill is "We turn away to face the rain" instead of cold. There are a bunch of others, too. How hard is it to listen to the album before you send off the lyrics to print? :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom