Who will support U2 at Twickenham?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But why announce the support acts for virtually all the shows bar Twickenham? Unless they are holding back something big. Could Coldplay fill 70,000 seats two nights in a row? Not sure of that. Many would argue Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Oasis headline comparable size shows yet they have both supported U2 before. Anything is possible.

Much as I'd love it to be someone really big, I dont think it will be the likes of coldplay or stereophonics, as both have their own tours.

I really expect it to be Scissor Sisters, being another Brits winner, which is where all the others have been either winners or nominated.
ark

Realistically, I think it will be either Razorlight or Scissor Sisters. I've been hoping for Scissor Sisters since the tour was first whispered, so have been breathing a sigh of relief everytime the acts announced on u2.com for support aren't for the Twickenham dates.
I would have really liked Franz Ferdinand too - they're recruiting in a good bunch for the European leg.

Well Athlete during Twickenham on 18th - still no announcement for 19th. Blows my theory of Scissor Sisters doing both!

Whose left - looking thru album charts, indie/rock bands who arent already supporting:
Bravery, Kasier Chiefs, Kasabian, Futureheads. Interesting to see one of them I suppose, but almost any of the others that have already been announced would have been preferable for me!
ark

damn Athlete is good, but I prefer to see Interpol. So I hope that Interpol will open for 19th, so I will be going to both shows

ark said:
Well Athlete during Twickenham on 18th - still no announcement for 19th. Blows my theory of Scissor Sisters doing both!

Whose left - looking thru album charts, indie/rock bands who arent already supporting:
Bravery, Kasier Chiefs, Kasabian, Futureheads. Interesting to see one of them I suppose, but almost any of the others that have already been announced would have been preferable for me!
ark

Don't forget Bloc Party :wink: :rockon:

athlete, wicked i'm happy with that.
wonder who is going to be the 19th now

i'm not from the uk originally so i dont know, but is it normal common practice to have so many bands supporting one leg of the tour
i mena in the states its Kings for the whole leg while Europe is onto its 7th act now i think
is that normal?

I'm pretty happy with Athlete. Beats all other U2 support acts I've seen, like Long Pigs, PJ Harvey, Nelly Furtado, Kelis etc. Still interesting to hear who will be on the 19th.

i'm not from the uk originally so i dont know, but is it normal common practice to have so many bands supporting one leg of the tour
i mena in the states its Kings for the whole leg while Europe is onto its 7th act now i think
is that normal? [/B]

Yeah, it's more or less usual practise. The support for U2 gigs often changes on a daily basis in my experience. I suppose because the States is so huge it's beneficial for a smaller band to get the kind of exposure that touring with a bigger act can bring them, and it also works out simpler for a smaller act on the logistics side of touring if they're using someone else's set-up etc; Bands have to work a lot harder in the US to get known, while over here most TV and radio performances go out to the whole country and you can tour every uni and small venue in under a month!

Just about every support announced now, apart from 2nd day at Twickenham and 2nd day ar Croke Park, and some later European dates.

Given that they start on Monday, it's leaving it very late to announce who support will be.

Ordinarily I wouldnt care who was supporting, but I would have loved to see any of the bands that have been announced already, so am eager to find out who we will get on the 19th!

ark

Back
Top Bottom