who thinks we are gonna get a DVD box set this Xmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
I reckon a DVD box set is on its way this xmas with the follwoing:-

Under a blood red sky
Zoo TV Sydney
Popmart Mexico
Vertigo either Milan or Argentina

JCOSTER said:

Edge has commented that they will do box sets when they are at or near the end of their career. I dont think they are yet. :shrug: Of course they have been known to change their minds. But I dont see anything like that coming anytime soon.

I think we may get the Milan DVD before next Christmas. If not, we will probably get it before the Christmas of 2007. I think Argentina is going to be Imax only, at least for the forseeable future.

I do agree though, they need to put Under A Blood Red Sky, Zoo TV Sydney and Popmart Mexico on DVD. I think it will happen eventually but I think they will happen separately and it wont be a box set. I also hope that when and if they release Under A Blood Red Sky they release the whole show, which is what was being talked about a year or so ago.

Okay, I really need Popmart on DVD after having children I don't remember being there twice.:huh:, and the tape I made of Redrocks is now worn to pieces. and Zoo Sydney. I need them....:mad:

Hey Axver, didn't you also say something about the band not playing WGRYWH live anymore?

By that theory, we WILL get the boxset this X-Mas! LOL

:wink:

innocent_eyes said:
Hey Axver, didn't you also say something about the band not playing WGRYWH live anymore?

By that theory, we WILL get the boxset this X-Mas! LOL

:wink:

I am happy for this logic to prove to be right! :wink:

Milan probably, but not a box set. Possibly they release ZooTV/Popmart, but again, not in a box set.

I'd rather they released something new...how about in '09 a 20th Anniversary Lovetown dvd?

Na I prefer this one

september 2006 :

- U2 by U2 book

November 2006 or 7 :

-U2 dvd box set

or even

December 2006

-Milan double dvd set

J_NP said:
Na I prefer this one

september 2006 :

- U2 by U2 book

November 2006 or 7 :

-U2 dvd box set

or even

December 2006

-Milan double dvd set

U2 by U2 definitely isn't happening this year; it was supposed to but got pushed back because the guys have been too busy with the tour to work on it. I would bet big money that there will be some kind of DVD release for the Xmas buying season, the boys don't let these seasons pass without having some kind of product out. :wink:

Yeah at least if we could put our hands , in not necessarily a box , but in more than one dvd , not only milan please , the 30th anniversary of u2 , at least their 1st meeting , can't go away without anything special in a extraordinary way.

What the heck , I just forgot that I attended my first u2 concert , its already pretty damm special for me :wink: But thats the thing , after this u can only want more and more....

I've posted it a couple of places already on this site, but at Sao Paulo 1, prior to the show, Hamish Hamilton, who travelled with the band on their South American shows, confirmed to me that the Milan dvd will be out at the end of the year.

The U2 By U2 book is still listed as a September release, so I expect these 2 U2 related releases for 2006. The next album is probably intended for release in November 2007 or February-March 2008 with a tour to start in March-April if U2 follow their usual pattenrs and don't fall too far behind in trying to record it.

Halup said:
I've posted it a couple of places already on this site, but at Sao Paulo 1, prior to the show, Hamish Hamilton, who travelled with the band on their South American shows, confirmed to me that the Milan dvd will be out at the end of the year.

The U2 By U2 book is still listed as a September release, so I expect these 2 U2 related releases for 2006. The next album is probably intended for release in November 2007 or February-March 2008 with a tour to start in March-April if U2 follow their usual pattenrs and don't fall too far behind in trying to record it.

:up: about Milan. That sounds right.

Halup said:

Yeah read that , the fact is as much I'm excited for the milan dvd to come out and all , see OOTS with guitar and orchestra , the return of the emotional tunes Haven't found , wowy , AIWIY......
and also the fact that this is gonna U2s first stadium concert on a dvd , I would rather 1000 times see other stadium concerts in a dvd , the ones directed by Mr. Mallet first.

Back
Top Bottom