Who thinks The Vertigo(EuropeLeg) tour will be a bigger spectacle than ZOO TV/Popmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The actual band stage/playing area - is about the same size as the indoor arena version. This could make the transition between arenas/stadiums easier on the band.

<<stage could have been better>>

I think what's on the screens will be the important part.

<<screens ontop the PA stacks?>>

That way they can be seen from the back of the GA floor.

I can't wait to see the leaked setlists from likely dress rehearsals in the upcoming days.

u2fp

The stage looks incredible, I'm jealous of everyone that's getting a chance to see them in Europe.

I think I'd be careful judging tours against each other. My first concert of the boys was on the War tour. I've seen every tour since in different arena's and stadiums. While I must admit ZOO TV was probably thier best effort IMHO, there's a lot of things I liked about all of the shows I've been to. I consider myself very lucky to have seen this band in it's infancy right through Vertigo.

I think we all should just enjoy the shows whatever they play and whatever the stage design and effects they bring along. Let's be thankful they are still rocking out and blowing our minds.:rockon:

photo.php

This looks awesome, I can't wait to see it Charged up.
ZOO TV does look amazing but the lighting back then was rather dull for today's standards and the screens are alot nice now too..
Not to mention the sound either. It's exciting to think how great this can be.

Yay!! Bring on Cardiff

Attachments

• vertigo.jpg
    vertigo.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 57
Nope, I don't think so. The 'ZOOROPA' and 'POPMART' Tours can't be copied - and they don't intend to do so. Every tour is different and so it is now. What U2 want is to bring the actual 'VERTIGO' Tour concept outdoors - not more, not less.
And in the USA you've already got a detailed idea about song selections and blocks within the setlist - as for the messages for different tunes, the lighting, the outfits and surprises in the gigs. So think this in a bigger, optical stadium-adapted size with some musical variation - and, voilá, you have the European version of 'VERTIGO' ...

We shouldn't forget according to Willie, the b-stage(s?!)/ellipse(?) are being put in place today (I believe), so we're not getting the full picture as of yet.

And really, we won't have a true idea about the show until we've seen/heard/experienced it with our own eyes and ears (and whatever else! :wink:) Speculation is cool, but I don't think we should judge it or compare it yet until we have seen it.

All I know is, I havent been disappointed by a U2 show yet out of the 17 I've seen, and they usually end up being 10 times better than you ever imagine! :drool: < god i love that icon, I have actually looked like that for the past 2 or 3 months :laugh:

One question: shows that sold out in minutes when they went on sale( london and manchester) now that are on sale some good seats you can buy it without problems. why?

Back
Top Bottom