Who should open for U2 for the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe a fan should open for U2!
Musician Jen Foster is described as "Train meets Alanis at a sleepover with U2's Bono"!
A big admirer of U2, Foster wrote "She" immediately after she went to one of their concerts in Buffalo, N.Y. That song later won "best song" at John Lennon Songwriting Awards Contest.
Interestingly enough her new CD ?Everybody?s Girl? was produced by Glenn Rosenstein (Ziggy Marley, U2 (New Years Day) Talking Heads, Madonna).
The playlist on website Running Late dot com (in Ohio) features her songs with U2's and I saw today she's a nominee at this years 2004 Outmusic Awards on Sunday June 13, 2004 at the Knitting Factory, New York City.
My favorite song is "Used Black Cars". You can hear parts of it on her website (which includes tour dates) or you can go to triplearadio dot com and hear the whole thing.

I would choose these... cuz they can turn on the party :D and I know i'm dreaming with the half of them ....

the black eyed peas

Manu Chau (you should now him!!! he's great!!!)

Cypress Hill (ehh, i know you hate them but that would be my dream concert - I would take pics of B and go to an afterparty by DJ muggs :love: )

No doubt (again)

Depeche Mode (sexy night!!)

Chemical brothers or flammings lips...

My U2 tribute band "The Joshua Tree" should open the show. I know you're thinking "redundant", but we'll play all the songs they dont anymore:laugh:

I know we would never be able to, though. Heck, Bono wouldn't want to get shown up by some U2 tribute band's Bono who can still hit the high notes. :lol:

Jason

www.U2JT.com

I think that Franz Ferdinand would be great - me being scottish like them. The Strokes are great aswell, also Keane, Starsailor. That would be fantastic. An irish band that are great just now are Ash so maybe we will see them there.

Just checking the Rolling stone site for any new news on the case of hte stolen CD and saw that R.E.M. has a new album coming out in October hmm.....
But I really have a desire to see the Daltons play...

Muggsy said:
I would choose these... cuz they can turn on the party :D and I know i'm dreaming with the half of them ....

the black eyed peas

Manu Chau (you should now him!!! he's great!!!)

Cypress Hill (ehh, i know you hate them but that would be my dream concert - I would take pics of B and go to an afterparty by DJ muggs :love: )

No doubt (again)

Depeche Mode (sexy night!!)

Chemical brothers or flammings lips...

thats not a bad list. Cypress Hill would be something new, like they did when they Public Enemy open for them. I would go with that Red Hot Chilli Peppers, I might be dreaming and they may be too big but they did open for them before the Slane concert, I heard they got so much respect for u2. They might.

I don't know if U2 really NEEDS an opening act, but the Foo Fighters or Audioslave, definitely. ;)

From this week's Popbitch:

U2 have approached Scissor Sisters to support them on their as yet untitled tour next year. Bono was at Moma in New York last week watching their gig.

I've only heard one song by the Scissor Sisters... what do you guys think?

Personally, I would love it if The Killers opened for them too.

Last edited:
maybe Kelis :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

serious...
I like to see :

Morrissey
The Pogues
Stereo Mc's
Coldplay
Krezip (dutch group)
Kane (dutch group)

R. E.M. would be perfect. U2 and REM have been friendly for years and have worked together on various side projects. With REM's new album coming out this fall (October), now would be the perfect time. Plus, there would be no questions of poor ticket sales with both of these bands on the bill.

kinder said:
As far as bigger names, i was thinking Damien Rice, Travis (who also have a strong political vibe), or maybe Ryan Adams.

Who would you guys like to see open for them? :hmm:

I was thinking about Damien Rice, actually, but wouldn't he be a bit of a contrast compared to U2?

all the "The" bands are kinda cheesy. They are just trying to replicate what has already been done (Vines, Hives, Stripes, Strokes). I do like the majority of them though

lov12113 said:
R. E.M. would be perfect. U2 and REM have been friendly for years and have worked together on various side projects. With REM's new album coming out this fall (October), now would be the perfect time. Plus, there would be no questions of poor ticket sales with both of these bands on the bill.

Puh? Last time I recalled, U2 had anything BUT slow ticket sales on the last tour. In fact, the Elevation tour is the third highest grossing tour of all time, right behind the Stones and Bruce, respectively

Back
Top Bottom