Who should open for U2 for the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked the people they choose to opening the pop mart tour in latin america: groups like illya kuryaki and the beastie boys... that "doesn't fit" with U2...

I didn't like the corrs in the opening of the elevation tour,,., they are boring (for me), and some of the groups that I found here are boring (4me) ... i think that the opening show has to warm up the audience.

maybe U2 doesnt NEED an opening act... but I think is great when U2 shares their show with another good group,,, i think it demostrates that the band has an open mind. besides, I'm not the kind of girl who stays in her chair all the show, i think that a concert is like a party

Last edited:
isabelle_guns said:
I do not care who opens up for U2 as long as it is not Nelly Fortado. I can't stand her. I agree that he likes to have female artists on stage opening but would love to see some popular but not too popular bands open. I saw the Stereophonics open for Bowie this week and after litening to the Stereophonics, it made me think that they would be an awesome, more fitting opener for U2. A U2 crowd would appreciate the Stereophonics a lot more.

:up: I agree. Nelly Furtado opened up for U2 in March of the Elevation tour in Atlanta to step in for PJ Harvey. I was upset, granted I know she was ill but still I was pretty surprised at who they picked to open up for them. I wanted to see PJ. :shrug: I would love to see the Sterephonics open up for them. :up:

Last edited:
I think Muse would be a good opening act...Coldplay is too big now...there'd be more Coldplay fans in the audience than U2 fans, most would leave before U2 comes on too

Default or Three Days Grace would make good sense if they're going to be putting out "their first rock album", so I'm like sure they're going to have a rocking tour to go with it! That would be pretty awesome! :drool:

shaun vox said:
blink 182, sum 41 or something like that would be cool with all the talk about this being u2s first rock album.

Those would be great openers if this was U2's first CRAPPY ALBUM EVER MADE.

I have to commend david on some good posts in this thread.

:up:

Personally, I think it's arbitrary... as long as the opening act isn't the musical equivalent of nyquil.

u2bonogirl said:
wouldnt it be interesting to see a tour where coldplay opens for them....they seem to have the same vibe as far as attitude towards a lot of things as u2. i think that would be a little improbable to see coldplay open for anybody though, unless it was for a couple nights or something

Yeah Coldplay have already opened for U2 remember. During the Elevation Tour, they played the first night of Slane. I was there and they were great :wink:

Because I'm bored and have a hundred or so other things I should be doing, I tallied up the top groups. It's probably inacurate, but who cares?

With 7 votes, The White Stripes
With 6 votes, The Thrills
With 4 votes each, Oasis and Coldplay
Coming in with3 votes each- jj72, PJ Harvey, Garbage, and No Doubt

Everything else was just one or two each.

Velvet Revolver
Pacifier (ex-Shihad)
Ash
Blackeyed Peas
BRMC
The Streets
The Rasmus
The Datsuns
Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals

The Rolling Stones because they're not good enough to have their own concert=they are U2's slaves:wink:

Back
Top Bottom