Who has won tickets from a radio station?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sonnyu2

The Fly
I won a pair of tickets for Philly (May 14th) from the Philly station WMMR on Friday!!! They didn't tell me the seat locations, so I am curious to know if any "interferencer" has won tickets for any of the shows from a radio station and if they were good seats or not. I don't care if they are in the last row, but it will be awesome if they are very close to the stage (I'm thinking they will be GA's). Thanx for any input!

Hey there, I was lucky enough to win two tickets from a radio station and they said "awesome seats" when I won them, so I thought they'd be really good lowers, but they are general admission (which is what I had hoped for!).....

So, chances are very good that they are general admission. :up:

Here in Seattle they have a radio station that is giving away tickets if you get 3 U2 trivia questions right, so last week I called and got through. I couldn't believe it!! I got the first one right, the second one right, and the third one I said out loud "the answer is either Bono or Edge, okay I will say The Edge." The DJ said to me "I am going to give you another chance to change your answer," so naturally I thought he was giving me a break so I could win the tickets. So I said okay I change my answer to Bono" He then said "YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE FIRST ANSWER!! And I lost the tickets :(
Some guy who called later used my answers to win the tickets.
I was depressed for 3 days, but my children heard me on the radio so I guess it's ok. I have tickets to both nights but they are behind the stage. I was really hoping to win good seats.

what? so you had the answer right the whole time and he said that to trick you?

What an ass :|

annej5 said:
Here in Seattle they have a radio station that is giving away tickets if you get 3 U2 trivia questions right, so last week I called and got through. I couldn't believe it!! I got the first one right, the second one right, and the third one I said out loud "the answer is either Bono or Edge, okay I will say The Edge." The DJ said to me "I am going to give you another chance to change your answer," so naturally I thought he was giving me a break so I could win the tickets. So I said okay I change my answer to Bono" He then said "YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE FIRST ANSWER!! And I lost the tickets :(
I was depressed for 3 days, but my children heard me on the radio so I guess it's ok. I have tickets to both nights but they are behind the stage. I was really hoping to win good seats.

wow, that sucks ass :down:

what a jackass

what was the question?

That guy should be shot in the fuckin face. DJs are punk bitches who got beat up in high school anyway. They spend their time listening to crappy music and putting $20,000 worth of sound into $3,000 vehicles.

That and they're fuckin ugly too - otherwise they'd be on TV.

theoeiii said:
That guy should be shot in the fuckin face. DJs are punk bitches who got beat up in high school anyway. They spend their time listening to crappy music and putting $20,000 worth of sound into $3,000 vehicles.

That and they're fuckin ugly too - otherwise they'd be on TV.

:lmao:

Chizip said:

wow, that sucks ass :down:

what a jackass

what was the question?

The question was "Who was quoted as saying "I don't have a problem with Christ, I have a problem with some Christians."
Answer was The Edge, which I was pretty sure of.

The first question was "Who is Larry Mullens favorite singer?"
Very easy...Elvis.

The second question was harder. "Who said "I dance better vertically than I do horizontally"?
Bono was the answer.

i won movie tix, not concert tix, but they played a clip of and interview with edge and bono from earlier this year. they needed the real names of bono and edge and for some reason they couldnt believe i got it right.

explorer said:
i won movie tix, not concert tix, but they played a clip of and interview with edge and bono from earlier this year. they needed the real names of bono and edge and for some reason they couldnt believe i got it right.

lol. any real fan would get that question right in 1/2 a second flat.

annej5 said:

I honestly feel your pain! Down in L.A., the radio station kept bragging that they had tons of tickets to give away (yeah right, 1 pair every 6 hours!). Anyways, this one DJ - on her shift (she was a big u2 fan), she would ask a trivia question. So not only do you have to be the right caller, you have to have the answer. One of the trivia questions was: What was the smallest place that U2 ever played (like 6-20 people I can't recall). I was gonna say Larry's kitchen, LOL. She even gave the year (late 70s I believe, or very early 80s). Who the f**k would know that (don't you all tell me you know!). The answer was the Dublin Airport. On the first round of calls, we got thru, but didn't know the answer (couldn't search online quick enough). Apparently no one else got it either. So they gave more clues. We got in a second time and still missed it! Then there were several other questions, which I feel to embarrassed to say I didn't know at the time (the pressure! :crazy: ). And of course when they want caller 95 and you finally get thru on one of your 4 phones and you are 93. They were giving away floor / GAs. Same frickin' station did they same thing to me for McCartney tix a few years ago. I wasn't exactly following the tour or him for that matter, but really wanted to take my 8 year old (at the time) to her first concert. Only 1 DJ was asking trivia questions (others would give tix away for being the right caller). I got thru and they asked the question - which song had Paul dedicated to John on a certain album. I had the tracklisting up online and I picked 2 possibilities. When I got thru, I guessed one, and it was the other! :scream:

Lila64 said:
you should also complain to the station - that guy is an a$$hole! Totally unfair. :mad:

I wrote an email to the station just now explaining what happened and how unfair I, and many others, thought the DJ was. We'll see how they respond, if they respond at all, and I will let you all know what they say. My dream would be an extra set of tickets for me, but highly unlikely.
I knew most of the trivia questions he asked throughout the week, I deserve something. Who knows, besides the people in this forum, "What member of the band's girlfriend left him for a milkman?" I knew that it was Bono, that is a hard question.

annej5 said:

was it the DJ from 107.7 The End? oi...the bastard :|

lauren430 said:
Hey there, I was lucky enough to win two tickets from a radio station and they said "awesome seats" when I won them, so I thought they'd be really good lowers, but they are general admission (which is what I had hoped for!).....

So, chances are very good that they are general admission. :up:

you did? congrats! which station did you win from (99x or dave?). I tried endlessly, but didn't get shit of course. oh well.:wink:

wait...were you the one on davefm whose daughter wrote in? I think her name was lauren...if so, that was cute.:D

i was in the draw to win 2 tickets to the NY madison square gardens show.......... i was the last random caller put into the draw, but somebody else got it :sad:

btw im from australia, so yeah it would have been awsome, free holiday and U2!!!!!!!!!!!1

Vertigogal, I won them from davefm on March 30th, the 3rd to last day of the 3 week contest (I'm a :reject: for remembering the exact day!)

And I definitely don't have a daughter; :laugh: that was someone else. The winning letter was written by a friend of mine from college. I don't think anyone from interference was listening that day :sad:

lauren430 said:
Vertigogal, I won them from davefm on March 30th, the 3rd to last day of the 3 week contest (I'm a :reject: for remembering the exact day!)

And I definitely don't have a daughter; :laugh: that was someone else. The winning letter was written by a friend of mine from college. I don't think anyone from interference was listening that day :sad:

actually i need to inform you that you soon will have a daughter...

im pregnant

Strangely enough, I nabbed two tickets from the WMMR contest on Monday afternoon. Quite a surreal experience, since I fully expected to receive the usual chorus of busy signals as I madly punched "redial" during the U2 "Song of the Day." When the DJ picked up, I thought he was pulling my leg. .

I, too, am curious about what sort of seats I've won. The website bills them as "floor seats,' which would seem to imply GA. Guess we'll find out soon enough. .

Good to see, though, that at least two members of the site have gotten through so far. . .

That is pretty awesome that 2 interferncers have won tickets from the same radio station. It was a surreal experience for me as well. I got through on my third redial, and was just waiting for the DJ to say "You are the 24th caller. Bye", but instead he said "You are the 25th caller!! You won a pair of U2 tickets!!". I was so afraid of losing my cell phone signal that I immediately pulled my truck to the side of the road.

WMMR just started announcing the "floor" ticket giveaways this week - when I won my tickets they weren't guarenteed to be floor tickets yet, so maybe I won a nice pair of reserved seats. Anyways, WMMR said they would call me this week to let me know when the tickets will be ready for pickup so I'll find out soon.

I won twice

I won 2 pair of tickets for the Phoenix shows off the radio
(Mix 96.9)

For Thursday 4/14 I got a pair of awesome lowers...dead center first row aisle seats

and for friday 4/15 I got GA Floor.

It was great! I was really expecting to get nosebleeds, but they suprised me!

Beth

Last edited:
ok i just realized i put this in the wrong place...sorry..i was responding to who won tickets off the radio..

Back
Top Bottom