who COULDN'T get tickets due to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samu2

The Fly
The code messing up,or ticketmaster~? intreasted to see how many people it fucked over.

My code, in theory, is working.

However, that still did not allow me to get any of the, surely, 2 tickets that they made available for the pre-sale.

This is incredible unprofessional. U2 should be ashamed for changing what used to be a relatively efficient Propaganda system to this piece of crap.

:mad:

I thought my code wasn't working so I started over. That's where I fucked up.

Code's working fine. There's just no GAs left for 26 May and that's all I could go for at that gig (for a number of reasons).

Got 24 May seats via a friend, though. Hallelujah.

well ive been trying for near 6 hours and havent got tickets. my code 'lost' its validity in the first hour and ive been trying ever since to sort that out.

it's done me - I've been at my computer since 9.45am and I've had no joy.

I've rung Ticketmaster a number of times and they assure me it is being sorted but nothing seems to happen. It gets more infuriating when it seems to be working for other people now but I'm still screwed.

I joined the priority club to save the hassle of waiting on a phone for a couple of hours in the public sale - instead I've had nearly 6 hours of agro and stress. Ticketmaster always seem to shaft you - be it getting tickets for football or music. But since they are a monopoly in the ticket business there's no one who ensures their quality.

Gees, am I pissed off or what!!

Princey said:
well ive been trying for near 6 hours and havent got tickets. my code 'lost' its validity in the first hour and ive been trying ever since to sort that out.
yeah, same here... am pissed off with the whole fucking thing.:mad:

6 hours at the PC, after my code falling on its arse on the 1st attempt. No response from U2.com/Ticketbastards as to what they are doing about it.

Goodbye subscription fee and goodbye Hampden concert, as no-one seems to want to take responsibility for this ball up of epic proportions.

Fuckers! (excuse me)

looks like the UK were mainly shafted then really.

You guys still going to try for Friday? will it not be to late by the time we get our code sorted im thinking so ;)

Im still waiting on a reply from both places,I hold no hope no more.

Same here.

My bloody code has lost its validity, and i haven't got tickets due to their crap website.

I'M SO ANGRY !!:banghead:

I've just spoken to ticketmaster and they said that the gateway people are going through 16,000 emails!

So if there are only limited presale tickets then we're screwed. I asked if they would be releasing more tickets as a result and the woman said maybe in a couple of months! She was just a call centre operator so she wouldn't know the ins and outs but it is a major balls up and all they say is we're sorry. Well sorry ain't gonna give me back the day I've wasted and sorry ain't gonna get me a ticket to the show.

Ticketmaster are fuckers and next time I speak to them I'll tell them so...

I had 2 GA tickets for Chicago, and went to the final screen, which already had my credit card info, etc., filled out. I submitted the order, and then a screen came up saying there was a problem with my order.

I went back and hit submit a few more times, and kept getting the same message. Then, I went to try to get a new set of tickets, and received a message saying my code has been used and is no longer valid.

I spent the past 20 minutes on the phone with TicketBASTARD, and they said, Sorry, no tickets for you. And we can't help with the code either.

I am going to get my $40 back from Fanfire. This presale SUCKED big time!

SoCalMusicLover said:
I had 2 GA tickets for Chicago, and went to the final screen, which already had my credit card info, etc., filled out. I submitted the order, and then a screen came up saying there was a problem with my order.

I went back and hit submit a few more times, and kept getting the same message. Then, I went to try to get a new set of tickets, and received a message saying my code has been used and is no longer valid.

I spent the past 20 minutes on the phone with TicketBASTARD, and they said, Sorry, no tickets for you. And we can't help with the code either.

Same thing happened to me w/the chicago show. You'd think that the fact that members had to pay $40 this wouldn't be such a clusterfuck

why is the code losing it's validlity if you haven't purchased tickets yet?

it should just be stoping you after you purchase the first set of tickets if they just allow you one show

Yes. Gateway have just sent a new code and it worked. 4 GA standing tickets (selected unreserved seating) to Manchester at £50 a piece.

6.5 hours to get them - thank you the lord!

I hope you all get sorted - I'm off to celebrate!

JohnnyBoy said:

16,000 emails!

So if there are only limited presale tickets then we're screwed. I asked if they would be releasing more tickets as a result and the woman said maybe in a couple of months!
Ticketmaster are fuckers and next time I speak to them I'll tell them so...

A COUPLE OF MONTHS?! wtf? AAARGH!:no: This is just a farce. I can't believe how we've been screwed over.

FUCK Ticketbastard and DOUBLE FUCK the official website. They knew this shit would happen... they're selling tickets for one of the world's biggest bands, for Christ's sake. :mad: :rant: :angry:

Has anyone else in the UK managed to get tickets since this morning? I'm just getting the same 2 messages: either 'this page does not exist' or 'invalid code'. Fuckwits.

Pardon my language but I am at the end of my tether. As I'm sure most of us are.:sad: :madspit:

Last edited:
I clicked on Chicago immediately at 10am, and was through within 10 seconds only to find out there were no GA. I tried again only to find there were no Club seats for $95. But they did come up with $95 upper deck seats behind the stage, and $165 seats at the side of the stage. Screw that....so much for enough tickets being available for u2.com members.

SoCalMusicLover said:

How does one go about getting their money back from Fanfire?
I'm definetly interested in doing so. I only stepped up for the U2.com scam for a reasonable shot at GA tickets.
It's too late to do anything about the tickets but several hundred fans demanding their money back from U2 and Fanfire ought to get Paul McGuiness' attention.

sallycinnamon78, check your email. I had one waiting from U2Help
and it contained a new code and a new link. It worked first time.

There were tickets available that people have been saying are sold out so there is hope!

It warns you not to try the code more than once though because they may trace it back and cancel any tickets if that person has abused the code - my missus got through twice but thnakfully only bought one set of tix.

Good luck

I had the exact same problem with the May 9th Chicago show. I got GA tickets, filled in the billing information, and got a server error when I submitted the order. Now Ticketmaster claims that my code has been used and is invalid.

JohnnyBoy said:
Yes. Gateway have just sent a new code and it worked. 4 GA standing tickets (selected unreserved seating) to Manchester at £50 a piece.

they sent you a new code? when did you send your e-mail to gateway cos i did at about 1040 gmt and have heard nothing yet.

SoCalMusicLover said:

exact same thing for me

Princey,

I first sent it to gateway at about 10.05 am and then I've been sending more throughout the day.

The woman at ticketmaster said they have 16000 emails to go through and she said I must be near the top if I sent it that early - so you should be up there as well if you did at 10.40.

Good luck

JohnnyBoy said:

I emailed them too but got no repy yet! been waiting all day too!

:mad: F&*K TICKETMASTER THOSE SON OF A BI%CH$S...I've been trying to buy tickets for about 2 hours now and it either times out or give me shi*ty tickets. If ANYONE has GA seats for the BOSTON shows, please e-mail me at majid23 (at) gmail.com Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom