Which Venue has the worst fast food during the Vertigo Tour?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adriansr_martin

The Fly
OK so we've all commented on the setlists, t-shirts, lines etc....of the vertigo tour but what food/drink experiences does everyone have from the tour and venues so far -

My vote goes to Twickenham London - UK - the hamburger looked nasty - i knew I shouldnt' have eaten it, whished I hadn't eaten it, and the next 24 hours I really was stuck in a moment I couldnt get out of......

.....:huh: :huh: :sick:

...........................................................................................
shanzuguitars.com

My vote goes to the pizzas at the city of Manchester stadium,I spotted somebody with a pizza box which looked at first like a medium sized pizza would be inside so ithought i'll have one of those only to find an over cooked tasteless piece of shit :barf:which was so small it would'nt have satisfied a mouse:mad:

Last edited:
How about places such as East Rutherford, NJ's Continental Airlines Arena where it is literally the venue in the middle of NOWHERE and there is NO fast food, no NOTHING.........:|

Sucks when you come in from out of town and can't bring your own food/car/etc. I practically starved for two days.

:down:

Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh is really far from anywhere to eat. We had to walk all over the city trying to find somewhere to eat. We learned about this little pizza place down the hill in the ghetto, so we ate there and it was good.

Palace of Auburn Hills a few days later was a totally different experience. I didn't have time to stop anywhere and eat, so i just ate there, and the food was great. Class act venue that Palace was.

Yeah, Continental sucks as far as food. Madison Square Garden's food is your average fast food, but they grill the foot-long hot dogs just right. :) I miss the frozen margaritas they had during Elevation though! Also, more food options in the area, a decent Chinese buffet nearby and the pizza in Penn Station on the Amtrak waiting level is pretty good. Wachovia Center in Philly and HP Pavilion in San Jose actually had a nice selection of in-arena food!

wachovia center food was good

air canada center in toronto was the best out of all the arenas ive been to this tour. and ive seen a lot of shows.

the edges plec said:
My vote goes to the pizzas at the city of Manchester stadium,I spotted somebody with a pizza box which looked at first like a medium sized pizza would be inside so ithought i'll have one of those only to find an over cooked tasteless piece of shit :barf:which was so small it would'nt have satisfied a mouse:mad:

I was feeling THAT hungover at Manchester I could have eaten anything. I'm sure people walked past with giant baguettes and Foster pints on purpose. We were in the ellipse and stupidly just before Athlete came on we ventured to the toilets. MY GOD the most terrifying experience of my life. Hysteria. My friend started crying as it looked like we'd never get back. Something came over me, I grabbed her hand and pushed through 1000s of people on the way knocking over sooo many drinks.
Anyway point I'm saying is I never got to taste any.

citizen's bank park, which is in the same complex as the wachovia center, had a mcfaddens (bar)... which made for a nice stop to get away from the GA line for a bit and pick up some food and get some airconditioning. :up:

msg is obvious... you're in the middle of manhattan. food inside the place ain't bad either... but i will have to say that the "giant slice" of pizza from penn station is soooo over-rated. i guess most people say it's so great because they eat it when they're heading back to the train after a night of boozing... at that point anything's good.

continental's food inside the arena is just average... and despite being just 10 miles from manhattan, it's surrounded by swamp land and has absolutely nothing, food wise, within walking distance... unless you want to spear yourself a seagull or perhaps chomp on a piece of jimmy hoffa.

Last edited:
The_acrobat said:
Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh is really far from anywhere to eat. We had to walk all over the city trying to find somewhere to eat. We learned about this little pizza place down the hill in the ghetto, so we ate there and it was good.

You had to walk "all over" Pittsburgh to find a place to eat?!
You must've been blindfolded or something! :lmao:

I had a feeling some :nerd: would bring up Pittsburgh :mad:

Last edited:
JMScoopy said:

You had to walk "all over" Pittsburgh to find a place to eat?!
You must've been blindfolded or something! :lmao:

I had a feeling some :nerd: would bring up Pittsburgh :mad:

they should have eaten at primanti's!

the food at the Wachovia Center really is good. I've seen many a Flyers game in the club boxes and the food is just great. they even have that gigantic sports bar in there now with the Steve's and Chickie's and Pete's. I was just there yesterday actually and i ate myself sick.

Hey Headache...were you in GA for the Oct 17 at the Wack?

MirrorballLemon said:

they should have eaten at primanti's!

rock on.
the hot dogs at mellon arena looked good - tasted good, and no bowel worries the next day. completely adequate!
the real question is what venue has the best BEER?
all we had was budweiser-type shit. i could have killed for an iron city...:drool:

I had really good luck at my shows. All of the leg 1&3 shows had good hot dogs, Croke Park had a BBQ tent going that was good, along with a Cadbury booth. Stade de France had this steak/burger thing that was the shit. Two thumbs up. I wonder what will be served at my Tokyo shows.

Back
Top Bottom