Which shows you have GA tickets for now and how you obtained them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dgirl said:
Are you choosing the 59 and GA price when you go for tickets?
I cant get one for the life of me...:wink:

Yup, I have been selecting both options (price and GA floor) and using two browsers (one IE one Mozilla. I would not try opening 2 like-browsers [ie two IE windows])

Still had no luck today. I guess it's for the best.
I was doing the same thing and nothing..
I guess i will have the extra money to eat
this week..lol

March 28 San Diego Ebay
May 14 Philly TM
May 26 Fleet Center TM
October 14 MSG ETS
October 19 D.C. TM
October 20 D.C. TM
October 22 Pittsburgh TM
November 21 MSG ETS
December 5 Fleet Center TM
December 9 Buffalo tickets.com

Any help looking for below list GA's only.

May 28 Fleet, October 3 Boston, October 8 MSG, October 16 Philly, November 13 Miami, November 18 Atlanta, December 4 Boston, December 17 Salt Lake City.

2 GA's for Chicago 5/9 - General Onsale (miracle)
2 GA's for St Louis 12/14 - Prop Presale

2 GA's for Seattle 4/24 (anniversary gift from U2Fan101)

2 GA's for Omaha show (through the general on sale of all things.)

Quick note on the Omaha show, I got them as singles, but as we all know that doesn't matter when there aren't seats. I got them after the show was techically sold out, one at 1pm in the afternoon and the other around 3pm. Took about 200 phone calls, but every now and then one WILL pop up...

Keep looking at the sold out shows everyone, you never know. You don't have to pay for a broker, not with this many shows and this many tickets.

Pittsburgh - GA. General Sale - In person at ticketmaster
Dublin - Pitch General Admission - Friend got through presale

Let's see....

Chicago 5/9 -- My brother got 2 GAs in the presale, and I get one.
Chicago 5/10 -- Traded two Philly GAs I bought in the general sale to an Interferencer for two for 5/10
Chicago 5/12 -- Traded one of the 5/10 GAs with a guy in Washington state, thanks Craig's List!
Chicago 9/21 -- Bought a pair in the general sale

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
5/9 Chicago - Gold Coast Tickets

I hate those fucks. They charge through the nose, I paid a lot of money to see the Cubs in the playoffs. The owner is an asshole, too -- moved in next door to my friend and promptly tore down the century-old house to build a new one, against various codes and ordinances, I might add.

knox said:

I hate those fucks. They charge through the nose, I paid a lot of money to see the Cubs in the playoffs. The owner is an asshole, too -- moved in next door to my friend and promptly tore down the century-old house to build a new one, against various codes and ordinances, I might add.

:shrug: Mine were actually cheaper than most I've seen on eBay and even cheaper than some being sold on here. Their prices were the exact same as all the other broker places. I thought their service was excellent (for a ticket broker).

My GA tickets...

4/10 San Jose - bought on eBay
5/18 NJ - pre-sale (sold on eBay)
10/20 DC - pre-sale
12/15 Omaha - general sale

I didn't think I would be able to experience GA this tour as I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the scalper rate.

I couldn't believe it when I got 2 GA's for

12/7 Hartford, CT

:)

A friend from California is attending and I was hoping to meet up with her so I tried. :)

Dear Miroslava,
Well, since you're so spreading the cheer, how about taking that sword and using it to cut a piece of your coat to clothe a beggar in the street?
I understand you don't like it when people piss on your parade - nobody likes that. Nobody likes to see the man outside the window, in the street, down on his luck. It's only natural.
And maybe I am voicing my anger quite loudly, so what. It's only natural. What do you think happens when a poor beggar sees a man fat on tickets and still asking to utilize help in fulfilling his long wishlist of dates he fancies to see, and to know that probably he gets helped, because he screams the loudest?
I know you like the competition that is in this game for tickets to these arena-sized shows. It's the American way, literally, because they're playing stadiums in Europe (granted, not enough). Now, if you say you would like to see everybody happy, including yourself, you would have to rally for stadiums, 'cause this tour is way to small for such competition, for - I gotta say it - assholes like that fat guy.

I have GA's for:
Chicago 5/10 obtained via StubHub
Milwaukee 9/25 via general sale
Montreal 11/26 2 sets 1 w/ my presale code/1 w/ a friends code

Toronto 9/16: 2 GA General Sale
MSG 10/8 : 2 300's U2.com presale
Buffalo 12/9: 4, yes, that's right 4! GA via Tickets.com general sale. Able to place two orders... still shaking my head in disbelief.

My GAs:

Boston, 5/26 -- General Sale (miraculous)
New York, 10/7 -- My Prop presale
New York, 10/10 -- My Prop presale
Washington, 10/20 -- My brother's Prop presale
New York, 11/22 -- My girlfriend's U2.com presale

2 GAs for Nice, France, Aug. 5th.
Got them during general sales through official ticketing website (ticketnet.fr).

Long story short: I tried the whole day and the site was permanently down (network error, too many users,...). Later on I started to get a message stating that all tickets are sold out. I gave up and went home. And at around 8PM (sales started at 10 AM) I checked the site again and by some magic it had about 3000 GAs available.

I will be travelling from Moscow, Russia and I'll have my first U2 live experience and a week of holidays on Cote D'Azour. YEAH!

>>>Well, since you're so spreading the cheer, how about taking that sword and using it to cut a piece of your coat to clothe a beggar in the street?

You're kidding right? You're going to compare getting tickets to an entertainment venue, a rock band, a luxury item... to an unclothed and starving beggar? Larry's two words must have been .... drama queen.

<<<What do you think happens when a poor beggar sees a man fat on tickets and still asking to utilize help in fulfilling his long wishlist of dates he fancies to see, and to know that probably he gets helped, because he screams the loudest?

Darwinian maybe? Sorry, but good or bad, the market for tickets is exactly that - a moving, breathing, living MARKET. The real way to distribute tickets would be for U2 to hold an open-auction. That would largely eliminate a secondary market (except for maybe a deflated one) and the MARKET would truly decide what it costs to go to their concerts. How would that be for you?

>>>I know you like the competition that is in this game for tickets to these arena-sized shows. It's the American way, literally, because they're playing stadiums in Europe (granted, not enough). Now, if you say you would like to see everybody happy, including yourself, you would have to rally for stadiums, 'cause this tour is way to small for such competition, for - I gotta say it - assholes like that fat guy.

It sounds to me like you feel very entitled to certain things, like many people these days. Why is it that you believe you deserve things more than anybody else out there "spending their hard earned cash" any way they damn well please? They earned it - do they not have the right to spend it any way they want? Or should they somehow be obliged to give it to you?

I have news for you. Some people have money to spend on luxury items - and therefore do so. These same people may be benefactors of large charities, or they may be miserly scrooges. I think we all have to live with ourselves at the end of the day, and while I've spent a lot on tickets - I have no guilty thoughts about it. I tend to be a charitible giver - but a "worthy cause" is NOT some poor soul without a U2 ticket. It's the battered mother of 3 who's facing living in a box and eating cat food or starving.

Back
Top Bottom