Which band would you prefer to support U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your preferred support act

• Franz Ferdinand

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • Kings of Leon

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Snow Patrol

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • Scissor Sisters

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • The Killers

Votes: 63 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like personally to see the Doves or Mute Math. I can't wait for the new Doves — I've heard clips and it's pretty good stuff.

coemgen said:
I would like personally to see the Doves or Mute Math. I can't wait for the new Doves — I've heard clips and it's pretty good stuff.

:) Yay! I'm a big fan of doves as well coemgen. I would have included them on the poll, but I thought I'd stick with the bands who were currently rumoured to be touring with U2.
Have you got the Doves' new album? It came out yesterday over here (U.K.) and from what I've heard, it has some cracking tunes on it. :hyper:

REM as support would be too good to be true. They used to be comparable to U2 in size/popularity (early - mid 90s) but even though the competition is less now, I don't think there's much chance of accepting a support slot.
I'm actually feeling a bit bitter about REM just now. They cancelled their date in Glasgow tonight, cos Mike Mills has the flu. :(:sad::rant:

I voted for the Killers, but I also love to see Franz Ferdinand. I will be seeing Kings of Leon, however.

Is anybody familiar with Kings of Leon?

I'm not really familiar enough with any of them to say anything besides the fact that I cannot stand the Scissor Sisters and hate the thought of them supporting U2.

Dream Theatre should support. Ha, like that would ever happen ...

i think peter gabriel's and u2's music would complement each other nicely - a dream fantasy co-headlinler....

SNOW PATROL is the best band on there. I'm shocked to see the KILLERS in first place, but I guess of the 5 bands up there, they have sold the most in the USA.

The Killers. They are the best band in a long time. I saw them in a small club in California back in September and it was amazing, such a great live band. I really hope U2 takes them on the third leg in the USA, but i really doubt that because The Killers are going to be going in the studio to record their second album. Kings of Leon suck btw.

I have not listened to the thrills all that much but i think they are pretty boring. Its one thing to have slow music and have a voice like damien rice, but the lead singer just doesnt do it for me.

nuke126 said:
Kings of Leon suck btw.

That's not too "surprising" to hear......
I think most of the bands out there that "open" for U2 tours,
"AREN'T THAT GREAT"......
It's really a shame...U2 can't seem to find a "decent-sounding"
band to support them.
It's such a waste of time to listen to a "NOT-SO-LIKED" band
BEFORE U2 comes out to perform.
I think U2 shouldn't have an opening band......they should just
"open" their concerts themselves...(and save everyone those extra 45 minutes of anxiety, that we all go through waiting for them to come out on stage...):drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

How about Porcupine Tree or Interpol or The Pixies (again) or Sonic Youth or And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead or Arcade Fire or R.E.M. (too good to be true) or Radiohead or The Tragically Hip or Aereogramme or Six By Seven or Elk City or anything but the above mentioned bands!!!

Last edited:
I know this won't happen but it would be great to go old skool:

HOTHOUSE FLOWERS
MARIA MCKEE
THE ALARM

or how about DANIEL LANOIS? his last record is really great and he has a new one coming out this summer. :cool:

I would love to see the Killers - instead I get to see Kings of Leon. I guess I should just be happy to say that "I am going."

By the way - Kings of Leon are on David Letterman tonight.

Harry Vest said:
How about Porcupine Tree or Interpol or The Pixies (again) or Sonic Youth or And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead or Arcade Fire or R.E.M. (too good to be true) or Radiohead or The Tragically Hip or Aereogramme or Six By Seven or Elk City or anything but the above mentioned bands!!!

I LOVE PORCUPINE TREE!
i'd buy a ticket to see just them. as an opener for U2... wow. :drool:

and of course radiohead or REM would be ideal, but neither is even a little bit realistic.

from this list, i picked franz ferdinand. although, to be honest, i'm not so fond of any of the options. i'd still be totally okay with no opener at all.

Grindstone said:

HOTHOUSE FLOWERS
MARIA MCKEE
THE ALARM

Those are three solid choices --

I used to hope for an "All Alphabet Tour -- U2, INXS, REM" -- it would have been fun circa 1995.

Clannad would also be an interesting part of a U2 show.

I really like Kings of Leon. Youth and Young Manhood is a great CD. Listen to the song Molly's Chambers...

mads said:

I LOVE PORCUPINE TREE!
i'd buy a ticket to see just them. as an opener for U2... wow. :drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

They would be INCREDIBLE opening for U2. I think I better drool a bit more. :drool:

In Absentia is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

Sicy said:
I dont know who any of those bands are :sigh:

No Doubt and U2 was the BEST. :drool:

seriously - check out the killers.
you really won't be disappointed. very new wave, very u2 influenced, and well crafted songs. same could be said about any of the above mentioned bands, just happens that the killers rubs me the rightest.
seriously, check out the tune 'smile like you mean it' and it's guitar solo, you'll be in a familiar place...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom