Where should U2 record their next DVD for the Vertigo Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rolling stones did an excellent one last year called four flicks, it contained a stadium show an arena show and a theater show.

It would be awesome if U2 did a theater show with some of their most personal intimate songs but I think that is highly unlikely.

Still I am agreed that a double dvd with an arena and stadium show would be great.

I vote for New York and Paris.

Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me NY fans don't get as excited as the ones in Chicago? Come on. MSG is U2's fav place to play outside of Ireland. On the DVD from Boston last year, in the extras, the band says that one of the MSG shows from Elevation (can't remember which) was not only the best show of the tour, but the best show in the HISTORY OF U2. Come on.

One thing that I've noticed about certain venues though is the volume of the audience. For example, the Fleet Center in Beantown is an institutional joint and the acoustics don't carry crowd noise too well. I've probably seen a dozen or more shows there. On the opposite side of the spectrum, the Bell Centre in Montreal is far and away the loudest - be it a Canadiens game (UGH) or a concert. I saw U2 there and PJ there, and in both of them, the shows were spectacular because of the crowd. You had to literally holler to the person next to you.

Oh, and in Montreal, as opposed to the states, has fewer rules. My buddy went up to the beer vendor and said "Hey, how many beers can I buy at once?" He replied "Well....how much money do you have?" Beauty.

theoeiii said:
Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me NY fans don't get as excited as the ones in Chicago? Come on. MSG is U2's fav place to play outside of Ireland. On the DVD from Boston last year, in the extras, the band says that one of the MSG shows from Elevation (can't remember which) was not only the best show of the tour, but the best show in the HISTORY OF U2.

That was probably the MSG Elevation show, when U2 had the NY Police and Fire department, in the audience one night, and they ""rushed the stage".... Bono called that an "amazing" moment because one of the fireman took the mic from Bono,and replied..how he lost a brother..and how all he ever wanted to do was play at "The Garden" and he was doing that for him that evening...
So, of course, U2 would comment that that's the best show of the tour and history of U2. Which actually it was a "GREAT" show.

But like I mentioned earlier... (I'm talking about "NOISE" at the arenas...) and Chicago's UC is definitely louder than NY's MSG..
(Again....I don't know if it's the people..or the arena space..that
"makes the difference"..)

Yahweh said:
Toronto - Indoor
Amsterdam - Outdoor

Amsterdam will probably be indoor as well since they usually close the roof during concerts....:wink:
amsterdamarena.jpg

I think that it should be done in England or Europe (I don't like classing England as Europe, I know it sounds silly but :eyebrow: ). We're having outdoor concerts so maybe to get an absolute fantastic atmosphere, I think it should be over here, I think that they have filmed enough things in America (don't take it the wrong way folks) but they really do need to do a bit more over here)

at least somewhere, where they do multiple nights - amsterdam would be great - they could add additional songs played on the different nights as bonustracks then this time... it is also a bit of time into the tour, so could work out well...

Vancouver.

After all, they are practicing set up for a month. Maybe they are rehearsing video setup at gm place too.

Back
Top Bottom