Where is the Love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
In the last week since the tour's started, the entire feeling of this board has changed from eager anticipation and excitement to downright bitching. In just about every new or busy thread today, there's been so much negative critiquing about the quality of the shows, knocking on mistakes by the boys, and criticizing of other posters. What's up?

Theory: Was it the TicketMaster fiasco that set the stage for all this negativity?

It's the theory that the naysayers speak louder and much more often than those who are pleased.

To say "man that was awesome" sort of goes without saying in most cases.

To say "I don't like this or that" really leaves a person with the notion to share their ever present wisdom with everyone else.

In truth, I think some criticisms are fair (Bono butchering lyrics etc.) but some aren't.

There is plenty of gushing all over this forum, look harder and you'll find it pages back. It's the negative ones that last because there are so many people who feel the need to apologize for EVERYTHING U2 does.

U2DMfan said:
It's the theory that the naysayers speak louder and much more often than those who are pleased.

To say "man that was awesome" sort of goes without saying in most cases.

To say "I don't like this or that" really leaves a person with the notion to share their ever present wisdom with everyone else.

In truth, I think some criticisms are fair (Bono butchering lyrics etc.) but some aren't.

There is plenty of gushing all over this forum, look harder and you'll find it pages back. It's the negative ones that last because there are so many people who feel the need to apologize for EVERYTHING U2 does.

This is spot on. Honestly I think that the tour is a pretty big success for most of us, other than the GA issue that's going on. For instance, the setlist is amazing, the best in 15 years.

i think theres a lot more positive than negative, but like u2dmfan said, the negatvie voice speaks louder.

Plus, some people aren't really being negative. They love the tour so far, but they just are suggesting what they would do to make it better, which songs they would rather hear, etc.

RademR said:

Plus, some people aren't really being negative. They love the tour so far, but they just are suggesting what they would do to make it better, which songs they would rather hear, etc.

Absolutely right.

And then the thread turns into a fight about why people are complaining in the first place.

I think criticisms are fun, the legitimate ones make good discussions and the illegitimate ones are fun to shoot holes in.

I sort of wish people would just stop being so sensitive about critical posts. Jeez, let people have their say. If you take issue with it, then do so, but stop with the idea that everyting should be wine and roses and nothing else.

Either that or just fuckign ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom