when will they annouce tour do u think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
ok well we all know that they have delayed the tour etc but when do we all think that they will announce dates, prices and ticket info? i heard it was going to be this week but this looks like it gonna be put back but for how long do u think? they are on about starting towards the end of March so surely they can't wait much longer can they? or do u think they will cancel leg 1 altogether and start in Europe in June?

My guess would be less than 2 weeks. The last tour also started at the end of March and by this time (mid Jan) all the details were announced I believe.

I don't see them having to do another reset and cancelling the first leg all together, but that's just my uninformed opinion. If there really is an illness at hand, obviously that would take precedence.

When atu2.com, which has very reliable sources, first wrote about this delay, they stated that the tour dates could be announced as early as January 24th, thus a 2 week delay from what was originally intended. At the time, their source was indicating a new tour start date of March 28 and that the location was moved from Miami to Los Angeles. If this is in fact correct, my guess is that U2's booking agents and Principle Management are working non stop trying to reroute the tour to accomodate Edge and are planning a couple backup plans, in case it needs to be pushed back further than March 28th or if down the road they decide the first leg needs to be cancelled. My own personal belief is that the fact that the tour start and thus at least the earliest first leg dates are in the Western US is primarily because of the fact that Edge has his home in Malibu. I feel they are looking for a way that allows the tour to go forward in the US, while allowing Edge the opportunity to spend almost every night and all off days at his own US home. When U2 tour, they generally have several hub cities around the world where they stay including Los Angeles, then they will fly on their chartered plane to the nearby cities on the afternoon of a show, and fly back to the hub city immediately after the concert ends.

If that March 28th start date was actually pretty firm, they really could hold off delaying the tour announcement until late February to early March, as their shows will sell out very quickly anyway, without much advance notice needed. If the March 1st Miami start was still going to happen, they really would have til early February to announce the tour.

Last edited:
Whenever the tour starts I am sure the fans will be there to support it and I am willing to wait.

Hi, I have a source in the American entertainment industry. I am not a liberty to name them or their company, but all I know is that there was a tour itinerary that supported the March 1st date, which has now been pulled, and they expected to see a new itinerary by the end of the month. So my guess is that the news won't be until late January at the earliest.

This is all speculation of course.

htdaab.com had something counting down to happen in 24 days on Jan 1, so i think it will be on anytime after January 24th right up to the end of Feburay.

bono_man..that site isn't up anymore. Initially it was like you said at the beginning of the month now its gone..takes you to u2.com.

So I highly doubt that date of the 24th is gonna stick. As said by Paul M. a announcement will be made in the coming weeks ..That could be anytime from now.

Back
Top Bottom