When do U2 Arrive in Austrlaia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a Wellingtonian - wind and rain suit me right down to the ground. Nothing like an Antarctic southerly to make you feel alive.

Queensland's year-round heat is not at all what I like. That's why I'm moving early next year to a colder part of Australia.

Hey i live in hobart.... :mad:
its not that bad!!
was bloody hot today and theres meant to be snow tomorrow!!!

Tasmania sounds nice to me - good weather, good scenery, relatively lowly populated. :up:

But I'll settle for Melbourne. Trams. :drool:

Well think of me...I've just accepted a job in Canberra! *dear god what have I got myself in for!*

Grew up in Melbourne and loved it, have spent the last three years in Brissie. I actually love the weather here, but it's not that conducive to work! That's why all the smart people are from colder places :wink:

Going to Tassie in three weeks for a holiday and can't wait - I've never been even though I lived in Melbourne!

Jeffo17 said:
Just wondering when you think U2 will Arrive in Australia and if they will be doing any television interviews??

If you take a look at the Gettyimages site, you can see that that Bono and Ali are in Monaco at a function with Prince Albert today. It's probably still going on as I post this. That would rule out a flight tomorrow, so I suppose early next week.

According to the Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre:

"The State Athletics Facility will be closed from Monday 30 October to Thursday 9 November inclusive due to the U2 Concert.

During this period there will be no access to the facility for public training or athletics events.

Public training will re-commence on Friday 10 November."

With the concert on the 7th (a Tuesday) and allowing for jet lag and the construction of the stage, expect rehearsals to begin Thursday (but no earlier than Wednesday), going on through Friday, Saturday and a possible open rehearsal (just a guess) on Sunday. Followed by a day's rest and then the main gig.

The getty caption states:

"Prince Albert II of Monaco (L) pose with singer of the pop band U2 Bono and his wife Alison prior to a diner celebrating the Amade (World association of children's friends founded by Grace de Monaco in 1963) 40th anniversary, 28 October 2006 in Monaco."

If Bono was out late last night in Monaco, it makes the possibility of a flight today (Sunday) remote. It seems likely that Bono would head off on Monday/Tuesday arrive in Australia on Tuesday/Wednesday followed by at least a day's recovery and then the start of full rehearsals on Thursday-Wednesday at the earliest.

I mentioned full rehearsals because where Larry, Adam and Edge are is a different matter. So you could have the boys out there already starting to warm up. I still think it will be Wednesday/Thursday before full rehearsals start.

I know U2 sometimes do dress rehearsals, like back in August 1992 when they did one in Hershey.

Like the venue in Hershey, the QSAC isn't even the biggest venue they could have played in Brisbane. Both the GABBA and especilly the Suncorp Stadium are more akin to the types of places they usually play.

Just speculating, but the smaller the venue the more likely a dress rehearsal to clear out the cobwebs.

ipso said:
I know U2 sometimes do dress rehearsals, like back in August 1992 when they did one in Hershey.

They've done dress rehearsals before every single leg this tour, including some rehearsal gigs open to the public or quite loud enough for those milling around to listen and enjoy comfortably. So I definitely think it's going to happen this time around.

Like the venue in Hershey, the QSAC isn't even the biggest venue they could have played in Brisbane. Both the GABBA and especilly the Suncorp Stadium are more akin to the types of places they usually play.

Just speculating, but the smaller the venue the more likely a dress rehearsal to clear out the cobwebs.

Actually, if the show were at the 'Gabba, wouldn't the attendance work out roughly the same? ANZ doesn't look that big, but I understand its capacity is 49,000, while the 'Gabba's is down in the high 30,000s. Now, a larger portion of the 'Gabba's seating would be blocked off by the stage than at ANZ, but the 'Gabba has a much larger field and can make up that ground with GA, but can it make up enough to have a higher total attendance for a concert than QSAC?

Now, if they wanted a more smaller, intimate stadium, they could have just gone to Carrara Stadium. :wink: :lol:

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH HOTEL U2 WILL BE STAYING AT WHILST IN SYDNEY ON THE VERTIGO TOUR ??????

Back
Top Bottom