Whats Wrong With This Picture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gorman said:
I Understand Where You'Re Coming From, But Really, Getting At Least One Pair Of Tickets Isn't That Hard.

*ahem* :)

Anyway, if those people would have been at the Ticketmaster site right as the tickets went on sale, they would have been able to get something. Perhaps not GA tickets, but definitely some pair of tickets for one of the shows. Furthermore, there are plenty of sites (including this one) where fans are selling tickets at face value. In fact, there are actually some tickets you can pick up for below face value on eBay. Basically, if someone can't get at least one pair of tickets at face value (or very near it), they're just not trying hard enough :)

I just barely got one pair of tickets. If its that easy get me more! :) :)

LukeMan said:
Don't Get Me Wrong... I'm A Huge U2 Fan.. And I Have Been For 15+Years.... I Love Their SHows... Best Concert Band Ever... But All You Guys Talking About All The Shows Your Going To... Do You Honestly Think Its Fair?

For Example I Notice A Ton Of U Have Tickets To A Bunch Of Toronto Shows.. I Live In Toronto.. I Have Tickets To 1 Show.. The Rest Sold Out Within An Hour... I Know A TON Of People Who Couldn't Get Tickets And Are Extremely Upset Because They Sold Our So Fast.. Tjeir U2 Fans But Can't Afford To Pay The HUGE Prices Scalpers Are Charging.. Their Dying To To See 1 Show And Some Of You Are Coming From As Far As The UK To Watch All 4 Shows In Toronto.. On Top Of The Bunch Of Other Shows You're Wathcing Everywhere Else...

Sorry I Don't Agree With That... I Understand Why Because Id Love To See 10 Shows Myself.. But It's Not Right.

Sorry.

I know U2 makes a lot of long song titles but, this one is getting out of hand :eyebrow:

Re: what?

vertigo_mofo said:
I worked my ass off for two years saving up my money to go see U2 as many times as I could... If u want something bad enough and you work hard enogh there are ways to get tickets... don't make me feel bad b/c I worked for it... seeing u2 4 nights in Toronto is my vacation that i've been saving up for it... and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it...

I was planning to use my March Break from teaching to see the band. But then the tour changed. I could either go away to somewhere hot for a week or use that same money to go and see the band and get as many tickets as I can.

I obviously did the latter.....

.....and it appears that LukeMan has not taken me up on my offer.

Oh well.....

LukeMan said:
Don't Get Me Wrong... I'm A Huge U2 Fan.. And I Have Been For 15+Years.... I Love Their SHows... Best Concert Band Ever... But All You Guys Talking About All The Shows Your Going To... Do You Honestly Think Its Fair?

For Example I Notice A Ton Of U Have Tickets To A Bunch Of Toronto Shows.. I Live In Toronto.. I Have Tickets To 1 Show.. The Rest Sold Out Within An Hour... I Know A TON Of People Who Couldn't Get Tickets And Are Extremely Upset Because They Sold Our So Fast.. Tjeir U2 Fans But Can't Afford To Pay The HUGE Prices Scalpers Are Charging.. Their Dying To To See 1 Show And Some Of You Are Coming From As Far As The UK To Watch All 4 Shows In Toronto.. On Top Of The Bunch Of Other Shows You're Wathcing Everywhere Else...

Sorry I Don't Agree With That... I Understand Why Because Id Love To See 10 Shows Myself.. But It's Not Right.

Sorry.

let's see here ...... a person living Toronto...(btw---the self proclaimed "centre of the universe") complaining about not getting tickets to U2 , who play 4shows in T.O....hmmmmmm....maybe that is why Calgary is quickly becoming the head office capital of Canada.... little bit of aptitude (sp) and attitude never hurt...Quit Whining And Get A Ticket To Oh Let's Say Detroit Or Buffalo..........4 Shows And He's Complaining........:madspit: ...........Sorry

I had U2 savings along with other savings which was depleted due to downsizing and then knee surgery last year.
Just started a new job TODAY, matter of fact, and come hell or high water I will be in Atlanta :dance: on the third leg unless the concert is cancelled of course.
I don't begrudge anyone for going to as many shows as they can and I would be doing the same if things had not changed when they did. During orientation today I found out that I'm not eligible for vacation for 6 months then I have to accrue time. That sucks :madspit: But can also switch schedules.:yes: So, if I have to work for people I don't know so I can be off, then I'll do that too.
If I have to pay a scalper, so be it. I also know anything can happen between now and then. So, I'm just not going to sweat the small stuff and plan ahead. In the mean time rock on :rockon: all you multiple show people.
It's only fair. :wink: :

LukeMan said:

Sorry.

I live in California. I couldn't get tickets the conventional way for ANY of the California shows yet at least 15 of my friends in Toronto and the northeastern United States got them. I know people who were able to get GA's for every show in San Diego, Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Oakland, Phoenix and Portland. I was finally able to get nosebleeds for Anaheim and LA 2 through Ticketmaster and resorted to ebay for San Diego 1.

Rather than being bitter, I am HAPPY for them. I'm sure they are just as happy that I got Toronto GA's. They are fellow U2 fans and I am glad they have a chance to see as many shows as they possibly can. If I had the time and money to see 20 shows, I would and I wouldn't feel guilty for a second. Sorry.

Last edited:
kobayashi said:
im going to 4 shows.

i havent spent much time identifying the reasons why im doing this but im fairly certain they are, in order,

i want to, and
i can.

:lol: :up:

I Will Add A Third Reason Which Is That Lately My Life Has Been Rather Dull.

Honestly, I'm done feeling sorry for anyone who was shut out. I worked my ass off to get the $1500 I spent on tickets for 5 shows, and worked even harder to make sure they were all good seats. And this is someone who was shut out after the first pre-sale.

I'll tell you what though -- after my first show in the Ellipse, it was ALL worth it.

LukeMan said:
Their Dying To To See 1 Show And Some Of You Are Coming From As Far As The UK To Watch All 4 Shows In Toronto.. On Top Of The Bunch Of Other Shows You're Wathcing Everywhere Else...

As a UK fan travelling to see the 4 shows in Toronto, I can't help but feel that maybe those comments are directed at me a little...

I have quite a few friends in Toronto (U2_GTA-ers :rockon: ) and decided a long time ago that if the opportunity arose, I would travel to see U2 in Toronto with those friends.

I happen to be very fortunate at this time in my life in that I have the time & money to be able to travel and see the band as often as I am seeing them. I have worked hard, saved my money & saved my holiday time. I've been planning for this tour since the end of the Elevation tour. I know it's not the same for everyone.

I do feel very sorry for those people who were unable to get tickets to the shows they wanted but we all had the same chances of getting them. I had to compete like everyone else and I just happened to get very very lucky in the general sale...and really, that's what it boils down to...luck. There was nothing sinister or underhand in how I got tickets.

I'm sorry if my good fortune bothers you but really, that is life, next time around my circumstances could be dramatically different and I may not be able to get to any shows...who knows...as it is, I have this opportunity and I am taking it with both hands!

I sincerely hope you do get tickets. The shows are a long way off yet so you certainly shouldn't give up yet.

Re: Re: Whats Wrong With This Picture?

UKTan said:
...I'm sorry if my good fortune bothers you but really, that is life, next time around my circumstances could be dramatically different and I may not be able to get to any shows...who knows...as it is, I have this opportunity and I am taking it with both hands!

Good for you!

Maybe LukeMan came on fishing for free tickets?
He still only has 2 posts - nuff said.

captredwing said:
...true... and ...please don't lump Toronto in with the rest of Canada.... :coocoo: :shame:

Heh heh!

Am I missing something here? It's one thing to start a thread boo-hooing not getting any tickets. (And for clarifcation, LukeMan said in his first post that he HAS tickets to one show already.)

The only thing "Wrong With This Picture" is that you actually expect fans to apologize for having the ability and seizing the opportunity to see their favorite band multiple times. If your gripes are based around the fact that you think too many fans are hording the tickets, perhaps your energy is best served complaining about the scalpers and brokers who flood TM, create a near monopoly, and force fans to pay these astronomical prices. I simply don't see what is "not right" (sorry, "Not Right" :madspit: ) about people travelling far and wide to see a bunch of shows, not to mention feeding YOUR city's tourism industry!

And, for the record, if anyone from the UK is turned off after reading the original post, Vancouver is more than happy to have your business! :wave:

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:

:lol: :up:

I Will Add A Third Reason Which Is That Lately My Life Has Been Rather Dull.

I agree to that..only my life hasn't been dull, it has been busy doing thngs for other people.
1. I'm a teacher (middle school)
2. I am the school newspaper advisor (one issue per month)
3. I have worked on three plays in 7 months.

I love all of these things but by the time U2 comes to NJ, it will be time for ME for once this year.

Of course the fact that of the 7 shows I am going to that 3 have other students going, scares me. They think it's cool. I don't.

Easy There

Easy There... I Never Expected The
Person Attacks... Lemme Take A Second To Respond Quickly.

1- I'm Not Begging For Free Tickets.. If You Read My Message I Mentioned I Had Tickets... I Was Just Making A Point That There Are A Lot Of People That Tried To Get Tickets And Couldn't. I'd Personally Love To See 10 U2 Shows This Tour, And Yes I Can Afford It.. But There Are A Ton Of Fans That Won't Even Get A Chance To C Any because They Sold Out So Quickly.

2- Are You A Bad Person For Buying Up A Ton Of Shows? No... Not At All. But You Have To Feel For The People Who Don't See Any. You Say Travel To Ottawa Or Montreal To See A Show Then.. Other Than The Fact Their Sold Out To, You Have To Remember People Have Other Issues.. Kids, Jobs.. Etc

3- As For Mr.Calgary Saying People THink Toronto Is The Centre Of The Universe... Hm... Calgary Is A Great City.. I Love It!!.. But Lets Face The Facts... Toronto Is 5 Times Larger Than Calgary... Not Only In Population, But In Economic $'s..... But I'll Give You Calgary Is A Great City, I'd Live There.. You Guys Also Have A Great Premier As Well.. But Lets Face It Toronto Is The Heart Of Canada's Business World.

4- As For The Personal Attack That I've Only Posted 2 Messages... Sorry Guys.. I Don't Have Time To Logon Every Day.

Enough Said... Lets Get Back To The Point... U2 Rocks.. NOthing Else Matters.

LukeMan said:

Sorry.

I personally dont see what is wrong with it. There is nothing stopping you from seeing as many shows as you want except money. I am going to 4 or 5 shows (currently). I have not paid over face value for any of my tickets. I got GA Tix for Philly 10/16 and DC 10/22 from the presale. I got tickets for Philly 5/14 off of Ebay which were sold by someone on this board (and I got them for less than face), and I got 2 5/22 tickets. Ok the story of the 5/22 is that I got one ticket from someone on U2Tours.com for free, just because I was the first person to reply to his post. The second, I got from ebay for $10 less than face value. If you just pay attention to the boards, pay attention to Ebay, you can get tickets to almost any show for face or less. Hell, if you wanted to go to Denver, I gave away Tick's for that on here and U2tours.com last week, for Free.

So it is not a problem with the rest of us being greedy or anything. It is that we are willing to research, be patient, and put our money where we want it.

Just my $.02.

Enjoy Toronto.

HJ

LukeMan,

As others have pointed out there are other ways to get tickets (for face value or a little more). I have hooked up two people from WIRE Yahoo group. I had two friends that needed tickets and I saw people selling theirs on wire and I passed the info along and they got tickets. So, check all the yahoo groups, the U2 fans sites (like this one) and also check ticketmaster EVERY DAY. Also, put your request on this site and others for the tickets. I've been extremely successful that way.

I can only see U2 once this time but it's better than none. I saw them a lot last tour but that's because I did go through may different routes to get tickets (as do many others). No one complains when someone goes to a football or baseball game all the time. If you it's your own money you should have the right to spend it how you see fit.

What percent of the crowd is actually a repeat offender anyway? You can't believe that more than maybe 2 or 3 percent are multi show types. This board only seems that way because we are the 2 or 3 percent.

Like UKTan, I am coming from SF to see all 4 Toronto shows... I guess I am one of the offenders as well.

Never been to Toronto but hope people arent as whiney as you otherwise I'm not gonna like it. I've only heard great things so I'm looking forward to discovering a new city and new people.

I've got the money, I've got the time and if I'm mad enough to go to ... it'll be 11 shows with Las Vegas... then let me.

Good luck finding tickets but stop whinging about it already.

I agree with SFGal that the whining is annoying. Everyone is in different circumstances for each tour. For Popmart, I could only afford nosebleed seats for one show. For Elevation, I was moving from Pennsylvania to Florida and couldn't afford to go at all. Now, I'm in a position where, since I've saved up, I can afford to go to more than one show, so I'm going to four. Maybe next time I won't be in a position to go to more than one, or to go at all, so I'm going to enjoy the experience as much as I can this time.

For U2, there's always more demand than there is supply. You'll get your turn if you're patient. I have, and I'm sure a lot of others on here have as well.

and the bigger question is... why do you capitalize the first letter of every word you type?

just asking, i think it's interesting.

u2wedge said:
and the bigger question is... why do you capitalize the first letter of every word you type?

just asking, i think it's interesting.

That's what I want to know too! It would take me hours to write a post like that.... :wink:

Re: Easy There

LukeMan said:
Easy There... I Never Expected The
Person Attacks... Lemme Take A Second To Respond Quickly.

1- I'm Not Begging For Free Tickets.. If You Read My Message I Mentioned I Had Tickets... I Was Just Making A Point That There Are A Lot Of People That Tried To Get Tickets And Couldn't.

My Message Is To Try Harder. Tickets have been released after the initial sales, and many people were able to get tickets the very night of the concert.

2- Are You A Bad Person For Buying Up A Ton Of Shows? No... Not At All. But You Have To Feel For The People Who Don't See Any. You Say Travel To Ottawa Or Montreal To See A Show Then.. Other Than The Fact Their Sold Out To, You Have To Remember People Have Other Issues.. Kids, Jobs.. Etc

Are You Saying That People Who Got Tickets Don't Have Any Issues To Deal With? (gee, I rather like these long song titles...) Everyone's got issues. Everyone's got different priorities and things they've got to deal with. Kids, jobs, life in general - everyone has different situations that they have to deal with on their own - it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever on what you should think about going to multiple U2 shows. Of course we feel for those who can't see U2 this time around. But as in my first song title, My Message Is To Try Harder, if at first you don't succeed, try and try again if you're really set on going.

3- As For Mr.Calgary Saying People THink Toronto Is The Centre Of The Universe... Hm... Calgary Is A Great City.. I Love It!!.. But Lets Face The Facts... Toronto Is 5 Times Larger Than Calgary... Not Only In Population, But In Economic $'s..... But I'll Give You Calgary Is A Great City, I'd Live There.. You Guys Also Have A Great Premier As Well.. But Lets Face It Toronto Is The Heart Of Canada's Business World.

And Finally, Why The Caps For Every Word? Even If You're Not A Native English Speaker, I Know Of No Other Language That Capitalizes Every Word In A Sentence. Plus, Quite Frankly, It's Annoying - And Not Just To The Reader. Just Writing This Paragraph With Capitalized First Letters Is Pissing Me Off. :mac:

Back
Top Bottom