What's Worse at a U2 show? Clappers, Screamers, Drunks or Smokers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Imagine how great shows would be if the whole crowd would sit silently and enjoy the music.

But if I'm not allowed to let some of my excitement out by cheering or screaming or dancing, then I might simply explode!

I think being covered with sticky goo that used to be me would be far more unacceptable than me voicing my excitement. :wink:

Klink said:
I love being loud and I love when a building is so loud that I can't hear myself think...especially when THE WHOLE PLACE IS SCREAMING THE SONGS! Montreal shows are deafening like that. What actually bothers me is when people look at ME like I'm doing something wrong or they start yapping at me to be quiet. Each has happened to me once. I just ignore looks but talking to me for being too loud or raucous at a show...that'll get my attention. "There's a good restaurant around the corner." I may disagree, but I respect the choices of people around me and I expect them to do the same.

Bottom line: Most annoying people are those who look at you as if you're (or accuse you of) being too loud or raucous at a show, when there are plenty of good restaurants around the corner.
:down: :down: :down:

Jon

Montreal is really loud!...i love it loud...
The most annoying people to me are the smokers...pot smokers just cos Pot really smells bad.
I have never had any encounters with drunks, or clappers...noisy people yes...20,000 other fans like myself...lol

nobody was complaining about enjoying the music. That's part of the fun for us in the "seats," tho we're never seated, is watching everybody having such a great time. I certainly hope at U2 shows everybody is really into it, and most of the people at U2's are great. This is just a bytch thread about the one's that stick out like sore thumbs that you sometimes get stuck near.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
But if I'm not allowed to let some of my excitement out by cheering or screaming or dancing, then I might simply explode!

that actually sounds preferable to singing, talking, and/or screaming and the godawful "woooooooo!!!! bonoooooo i luuuuuv youuuuuu!" get real, the band doesn't hear/understand what the looney drunks are screaming.

I honestly could care less about any of them. Bring them all on, makes for a crazy atmosphere, and the wilder the better imo.

I can put up with just about anything - I'm there for the gig and get totally engrossed in it from beginning to end. If there's a tw*t near me I move , if someones talking I ask them to shut the F^%k up and if someones drunk I confuse them by pointing out a bar area in the other direction and off they go.

Short, tall, singing, smoking - whatever - just don't TALK through slow bits or I'll kill ya!

:macdevil:

Actually it is a tie between the guy in front of me who acted out every single song with his hands or the guy across from me who did his air guitar during the entire concert. (SJ1):wink:

I love lead singers in white bandanas who bang on drums and say "Africa, Africa, Africa."

I'll vote for myself as the worst person to be in a U2 concert.

For unspoken reasons.

You will never know until you're around me. :sexywink:

People who just stand there are do nothing like they're in a business meeting are annoying.

It's a Rock Gig ffs, you paid your $$$ to go so have respect for the people around you, but get into it! .

To sit there like a sad twat isn't what it's about IMO

Last edited:
RobboAus said:
People who just stand there are do nothing like they're in a business meeting are annoying.

It's a Rock Gig ffs, you paid your $$$ to go so have respect for the people around you, but get into it! .

To sit there like a sad twat isn't what it's about IMO

some of those people who "just stand there and do nothing like they're in a business meeting" are taping the concert so grateful - and ungrateful - people can download the show.

and even if they aren't taping the show, at least they aren't distracting other people - or trying to draw attention to themselves, singing with their horrible voice, etc.

not sure if you've ever noticed, but it's a lot easier to ignore a silent person than a screaming obnoxious jerk.

Last edited:
coldplayfan777 said:

exactly. how can those losers have a leg to stand on? meanwhile, crappy t-shirts and other so-so quality merchandise being sold for $30±... why pay so much for a crap piece of merch when you can have something *cool* for once for just $5? idiots, the lot of them.

LOL! you sir... rock!

Back
Top Bottom