whats this about edge and a barcelona shirt??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1stOne said:

hey aardvark:wave:

Wow! what a show that was! Did you have a good time in Barca?

Hiya 1stOne - we had an amzing time thanks! Everything went wrong on the phone front though, my battery ran out so I couldn't ring or text anyone after Friday. Had all sorts of trouble meeting people but managed in the end with some.

What an amazing gig eh! The whole holiday was fab, I've actually got a tan and I'm ginger!

Did you enjoy?:wave:

FANTASTIC GIG!!!!

I don't know if I can post these pics here, but if you need to move them Mods then do so ;)

Edge in Barcelona shirt
edge-barcelona.jpg

Crowd before band came on
crowd-shot-2.jpg

Look at those fans up in the sky!
crowd-shot.jpg

Balloons? Was it someone's birthday?
balloons.jpg

Bono with flag ;)
bono-spanish-flag.jpg

The band were HOT!
band-01.jpg

band-03.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics of a great show. but you may want to edit the Spanish flag reference before any Catalans take offence:wink:

Best show i have EVER seen from the band (20+ shows since JT tour) and I put this down largely to the band 'feeding' off the audience.

Funny how nobody has mentioned Larrys(and Adams?) fuck up at the start of Elevation yet though!

Last edited:
KEVIN051269 said:
Great pics of a great show. but you may want to edit the Spanish flag reference before any Catalans take offence:wink:

Best show i have EVER seen from the band (20+ shows since JT tour) and I put this down largely to the band 'feeding' off the audience.

Funny how nobody has mentioned Larrys(and Adams?) fuck up at the start of Elevation yet though!

Some spanish fans are angry with Bono because he took a catalan flag, but I think that this doesn´t have anything to do with politcal matters. If Bono goes to Barcelona is normal that he grab a catalonia flag as is normal that if he goes to madrid he grabs a madrid flag. I don't see nothing wrong or impolite in these actions. Its only for pleassure the crowd, nothing more.

bcn_07/08/05 said:

More things I will never forget: Bono's devotion for the Edge. He sang Happy Birthday to him twice, and said something to him about his birthday at the begining of the first Vertigo and many other times during the show

I think that before party girl Bono said that Edge had celebrated his birthday in Barcelona 10 times ( I'm not sure about it :) and at the beginning of the concert Bono said looking at the audience: "what a great gift".

U2Spain said:

I think that before party girl Bono said that Edge had celebrated his birthday in Barcelona 10 times ( I'm not sure about it :)

When Bono asked Edge about the amount of times he had celebrated his birthday in Barca, Edge replied 5
Anybody hear where the band ended up after the show? Did they stay in Barca or jet back to Nice or elsewhere to celebrate ?

KEVIN051269 said:

Best show for me too Kevin, the crowd was fantastic. The band certainly enjoy a good crowd.

KEVIN051269 said:
U2Spain said:

I think that before party girl Bono said that Edge had celebrated his birthday in Barcelona 10 times ( I'm not sure about it :)

When Bono asked Edge about the amount of times he had celebrated his birthday in Barca, Edge replied 5
Anybody hear where the band ended up after the show? Did they stay in Barca or jet back to Nice or elsewhere to celebrate ?

More or less things went like this: Bono said during the concert that some time ago he asked the Edge what he would like for his 44 birthday (which would be during the tour). And the Edge answered "I want to play in Barcelona". And this is because the Edge has celebrated 5 times his birthday in Barcelona!

I'm back. Can't really add anything to the comments I've read in the various threads.

Great time had by all. I haven't had a chance to upload my pictures but I'll check them out later and see if there are any worth posting. Back to work now.:(

KEVIN051269 said:

Yeah, that was funny. Larry completely missed the bit where they rip into the song after "teasing" the audience. Edge was flailing away at the guitar but no drums or bass. Larry soon realised, said "on two" and counted himself and Adam into the riff.

Later on, you could see Larry and Edge laughing at Bono's contuining inability to get "Party Girl" right :wink:

ramblin rose said:
I'm back. Can't really add anything to the comments I've read in the various threads.

Great time had by all. I haven't had a chance to upload my pictures but I'll check them out later and see if there are any worth posting. Back to work now.:(

Rosa...welcome back! It was great to meet you, and what a fabulous show. I'm just going to watch a dvd of Barcelona Elevation...with Spanish Eyes:love:

Back
Top Bottom