What's the best seat for a U2 show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
It seems that some locations are better than others (no crap) but I'm not so sure GA is better than say a loge seat at a nice angle. then again, nothing beats seeing U2 like you are in a small club, then again it might not sound so great if you are in the elipse (inner circle).

Point is, behind the stage up top is probably the worst seats, but being in front of the stage all away across the arena isnt' so great either.

Is being right next to the stage in loge the best seat int he house overall ro do you miss stuff since you aren't in front of the stage.

My point is, any seat at a U2 show is a GREAT ONE and I'm not so sure there is an ideal seat as each has it's drawbacks/advantages.

that's why it's fun to go to multiple shows from multiple views.

Anyway, what do you think are the best seats in the house including everything (bang for the buck, sound, view)?

I saw U2 last time behind the stage during the Elevation tour in NJ and NYC and they both were awesome shows. When it comes down to it, you're there to HEAR the show, not SEE it.

We always get seats cause my wife is short. To be honest I pefer to be mid deck or lower rows upper deck than the lower bowl. I like looking down at the action and able to see everything thats going on without using binoculars. Plus. in the San Jose Arena, all upper decks are $95 and we enjoyed the view from those seats better than the $190's the night before.

Now with this tour, I sat in the lower and upper sides close to Adam and they were great but dont expect to see much of the images from the curtains of lights, but by no means it detracts from the show.

sat in the upper deck (row N), directly across from the stage, i was just thrilled to have tickets. folks behind the stage and up top, i feel for you, folks on or close to floor level are missing all the lights and colors on the ramp and that cool stage! i had fantastic seats for this tour i think! any show that can keep people that far way totaly into it is great...

bu i digress. Anyone complaining about bad seats in this tour (or last) must have forgotten what it was like to sit in upper reserve row u section 800 at dodger stadium (92) , or half way to hawaii at the LA Colusem (97). i love the arena shows.

xellente said:
folks behind the stage and up top, i feel for you,

No way, man. I love having behind the stage. You're closer than three quarters of the building and it sounds so fantastic back there. Besides, I'm at a stage where I don't need to have "the perfect view" as long as the sound is stellar.

FWIW I'm back corner, Edge's side, for first night in Philly.

it depends. it's just a different show experience. from the lower side you'll have a much better view of the band itself and their interplay. but if viewed from the front (across the arena) then you can see more of the screens and light show, and also the sound is typically configured to sound best in the middle (the sweet spot is on the floor in front of the SBD). so i would suggest to go multiple nights and sit in a different spot each night...

I had GA twice this tour. For SD1 I was literally feet from the Edge, which was incredible. For Anaheim 1, I was in the middle of the rats nest on the floor, which was not so incredible. I'm somewhat claustrophobic, and your assholes-to-elbows with people, some of who block your view (and I'm 6'). And I couldn't feel my toes toward the end of the show.

For SD2, I had seats in the lower bowl toward the back of the floor. Pretty good, didn't feel crushed, but felt kind of removed.

Given my ideal choice, I'd prefer seats in the lower loge on the side of the stage or behind the stage. I sat behind the stage for a couple of Elevation shows, and it was great (I agree with brianh20). I like seeing the entire spectacle in front of you.

I'll never forget my GA experience with SD1, but I think I'm done with GA. Seats for me from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom