What you DON'T want them to play...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'd lose Sunday Bloody Sunday ... it's lost that feel it had in the 80s and after Zoo TV they said they were done with the song ... then "reinvented it" with PopMart and now we are back to where we started ... just let it go ...

KUEFC09U2 said:
am sorry but what about the people that are going for the first time? dont you all find this a wee bit selfish that your saying "oh no i couldnt bear hearing that live again", yet the people who are going for the first time havent?

No kidding! I agree! I'm sorry I'm only 20 years old and haven't been able to attend 30+ concerts, but this is my first time seeing them live, and I want to hear some of these songs!

New Year's Day

Pride (but I'm sure to sing my heart out once they start playing it anyway) :wink:

Last edited:
Axver said:
I'd be happy to just see U2. They can play Red Light for all I care.

Amen to that! :up: Seriously, if Bono spent the entire show reading out of the phone book, I would eat it up.

Last edited:
The great thing about U2 - all these people who DON'T want U2 to play songs like Pride or Streets or SBS or whatever... for those of us who have never been to a U2 concert, those are some of the songs we'd love to hear the most. So everyone will be happy. :)

Or a more pessimistic note, there will always be someone unhappy with whatever they play...

out of the regulars... I could do without Mysterious Ways

I'd like to hear them reinvent some old songs...

as for Bullet, that song is always such a grand spectacle when they perform it, so I'd really hate to see it go, unless they can do something similar with another song, like LAPOE

Nooo more, nooo more:
Sunday bloody Sunday
New Years Day
Pride
Mysterious Ways
Even better than the real thing
New York
Discotheque
Stuck in a moment
Elevation
Sometimes you can't make it on your own :madspit:

No more Bullet PLEASE - altough it does give me the chance to go to the loo. Not a fave, never has been, can't explain why, it just grates on me.

You can't realisically like every song any band ever do however disloyal that may sound.

Give me PARTY GIRL and I'll be happy.

:yes:

Sonny Bono said:
Nooo more, nooo more:
Sunday bloody Sunday
New Years Day
Pride
Mysterious Ways
Even better than the real thing
New York
Discotheque
Stuck in a moment
Elevation
Sometimes you can't make it on your own :madspit:
Agree with all of the above except for sometimes.......that song is gonna be hugh live:drool: :drool:

Hang on a minute.....

People actually go for TOILET BREAKS at a U2 gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

the outrage.

alibee said:
Hang on a minute.....

People actually go for TOILET BREAKS at a U2 gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

the outrage.

lol - I'd prefer to go at the interval, but if they play a song that grates on me then off I go.

Forgot to add Sweetest Thing.

(and remember, some of the band don't even like some of their past recordings and those tracks will never see the light of day)

Roland of Gilead said:

No kidding! This is hilarious to think that somebody would like to do away with Streets. Yes, lets dump the ONE song that electrifies the whole audience the most. :scratch:

your opinion..:|

Yahweh_OMG said:
I still haven't found....
Walk on
Pride
Angel of Harlem
Stuck in a moment

NO MORE OF THESE!!!

Upon reading this thread I was going to say the exact same songs as the post above.

dizzy said:
New Year's Day :wink:

WHAT???? Are you on drugs????

Oh, that's right...You're just "dizzy" instead!!
(Obviously you must be...to say for U2 not to play one of their
"BEST" songs ever..)

I wouldn't want to hear ::

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of / In A Little While
Bullet The Blue Sky / I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Discotheque / Staring At The Sun
Desire / All I Want Is You
The First Time / Numb
Even Better Than The Real Thing / Until The End Of The World
MLK / Bad
40 / Sunday Bloody Sunday
October / Gloria
Stories For Boys / The Electric Co.

(plus a couple of strays..not to hear, either..)

Electrical Storm
Miss Saravejo

Why does everyone attack other people for having different opinions than them...?
Think its kind of funny to read though.....

Originally posted by Roland of Gilead

No kidding! This is hilarious to think that somebody would like to do away with Streets. Yes, lets dump the ONE song that electrifies the whole audience the most.

one4u2 said:

your opinion..:|

No, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. Of course you have every right not to like Streets all that much and wanting it out of the setlist. But Streets IS the song that electrifies the crowd the most at a U2 show. The beginning of the song is probably the only moment where every single person will be standing.

It is also considered by most fans as the ultimate U2 live song.

You can not like it that much, but you can't deny that most other people do, and that the crowd reaction to it has been and will be the strongest of any U2 show in any city.

oceane said:
Originally posted by Roland of Gilead

No kidding! This is hilarious to think that somebody would like to do away with Streets. Yes, lets dump the ONE song that electrifies the whole audience the most.

No, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. Of course you have every right not to like Streets all that much and wanting it out of the setlist. But Streets IS the song that electrifies the crowd the most at a U2 show. The beginning of the song is probably the only moment where every single person will be standing.

It is also considered by most fans as the ultimate U2 live song.

You can not like it that much, but you can't deny that most other people do, and that the crowd reaction to it has been and will be the strongest of any U2 show in any city.

*nods*

plus U2 themselves have said that Streets is the one song they play that can resurrect even the poorest show

2 Songs...

Stuck in a Moment... Never liked it.
City of Blinding Lights...Even though it will be played. Ill live with it.

please no acoustic mid show bullshit.

especially desire.:down:

they can play anything for all i care...

except whats going on. please never play that again. it was tolerable...but thats it.

Back
Top Bottom