What would yo ulike to see for U2's next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2lunatic said:
Play more songs from new album(7 or 8), not like on vertigo tour

They did that for most of the tour. It was only really the fifth leg that had less.

Actually, if they would put some effort into Bullet, it wouldn't be that bad. The Vertigo version of Bullet plain sucked. I was watching the Zoo TV version the other night, and that is such a bad ass version. Real effort was put into it.

WOWY also doesn't have to lull. Play it like they played it on Rattle and Hum or don't play it at all. Actually, I saw them on 5/7 in Chicago, they didn't play WOWY, and I didn't even notice it was gone. The rest of the crowd seemed pretty satisfied with the whole show as well, except An Cat Dubh was kind of a dud.

- More stadium shows
- More european shows and less american
- POP! POP! POP! POP! POP! POP!
- Huge screens with great visuals
- Did i mention POP!.....

:corn: I wonder how the BIG show and varied setlists on the Utopia tour will be done.

The_acrobat said:
Actually, if they would put some effort into Bullet, it wouldn't be that bad. The Vertigo version of Bullet plain sucked.

WOWY also doesn't have to lull. Play it like they played it on Rattle and Hum or don't play it at all. Actually, I saw them on 5/7 in Chicago, they didn't play WOWY, and I didn't even notice it was gone. The rest of the crowd seemed pretty satisfied with the whole show as well, except An Cat Dubh was kind of a dud.

Well at least the Vertigo Solo was better than elevation

And wowy was clearly better than Elevation

U2lunatic said:
Play more songs from new album(7 or 8), not like on vertigo tour

Check ur facts , they were doin that

Chicago itself, it got 8 songs off Bomb

They played it 10 from the album on the tour , including Crumbs and Fast Cars

They should also rearrange some of their classic hits that have been getting a little stale like One and With or Without You. They've sounded pretty similar the last two tours. Some good examples of rearranged or tweaked versions are One from the Miss Sarajevo single with the orchestra and With or Without You from the early Popmart rehearsals. Just make the songs interesting. Note to the band: Acoustic is NOT interesting.

1. No screens
2. No catwalks
3. Indoor arenas only

Bring the focus back on the music and performance.

J_NP said:

Check ur facts , they were doin that

Chicago itself, it got 8 songs off Bomb

They played it 10 from the album on the tour , including Crumbs and Fast Cars

To be fair it was rare when they played 8 bomb songs in a set, especially in the last 2 legs.

vaz02 said:

To be fair it was rare when they played 8 bomb songs in a set, especially in the last 2 legs.

I wouldn't quite call eight rare, but yeah, the average was seven. The most HTDAAB songs in a show was nine; that happened a few times on the third leg.

The fifth leg was the only one to really seriously lack HTDAAB songs, and I think it should be better known as the U218 Tour By Stealth anyway.

Less stadiums and more arenas in Europe, Stadiums suck, too much people and stale sets.

I would love to see arena's in Europe instead of stadiums. Never going to happen though (unless they come back with a bunch of Westlife cover versions). More variety in set-lists would be nice, but again this comes back to arenas & stadiums. It simply isn't going to happen in a stadium setting - old and obsure songs will kill a stadium atmosphere stone dead.

Definitely keep the catwalks, IMO they are an essential part of any set-up now (not least as they give so many more people a chance to be close to the stage).

Axver said:

I wouldn't quite call eight rare, but yeah, the average was seven. The most HTDAAB songs in a show was nine; that happened a few times on the third leg.

Which is coz they dropped M Drug , thanks to some 'fans' who were buyin beers during it

J_NP said:

Which is coz they dropped M Drug , thanks to some 'fans' who were buyin beers during it

No, it's not. Miracle Drug is part of the average of seven as it was played for most of the tour. It brought up nearly 100 performances. 7 was the average number of HTDAAB for the first leg when Miracle Drug didn't miss a show. 8 HTDAAB songs in total were played on that leg, but the eighth was OOTS and it wasn't played frequently - and when it was played, it sometimes took Yahweh's place.

Then on the European leg, Miracle Drug didn't miss a show and was part of the usual seven, or eight if you count Vertigo twice. Here's a standard set from that leg: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1267.html

The removal of Miracle Drug in the later stages of the third leg did not really affect the HTDAAB song count as OOTS was brought into its spot. It was less to do with people getting beers and more to do with the fact OOTS was the current single and it didn't fit all too well elsewhere in the set.

Axver said:

No, it's not. Miracle Drug is part of the average of seven as it was played for most of the tour. It brought up nearly 100 performances. 7 was the average number of HTDAAB for the first leg when Miracle Drug didn't miss a show. 8 HTDAAB songs in total were played on that leg, but the eighth was OOTS and it wasn't played frequently - and when it was played, it sometimes took Yahweh's place.

I mean it's the loss of M Drug , that stopped some , of the leg 4 , shows of havin 8 songs , like in Mexico and Argentina if I remember correctly

J_NP said:

I mean it's the loss of M Drug , that stopped some , of the leg 4 , shows of havin 8 songs , like in Mexico and Argentina if I remember correctly

Ah, yeah, that leg averaged around six HTDAAB songs, though not only due to Miracle Drug's absence. Songs like ABOY and Yahweh made only sporadic appearances. The most HTDAAB songs in one show was seven at the first Mexico City gig, and Monterrey had seven too if you count Vertigo x2 (which I don't, but the counter on U2VT does).

KUEFC09U2 said:
i love the way people still bitch about the vertigo tour even though its now over, and i also love how some people want the band to do the same things other bands do.....yes because that would be totally creative wouldnt it

Bitching may be a strong word for it, but the thread isn't asking "what would you change on Vertigo tour?" so good point.

<<Arena Setups in Stadiums>>

vaz02 said:

That just wouldnt workwell at all

Actually, a 360 endzone setup in stadiums would add close to 10,000 tickets in every Euro market.

Stadium 360 has been done in the past by Rod the Mod and possibly Sir Cliff.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
<<Arena Setups in Stadiums>>

Actually, a 360 endzone setup in stadiums would add close to 10,000 tickets in every Euro market.

Stadium 360 has been done in the past by Rod the Mod and possibly Sir Cliff.

u2fp

That would be hot, but i like my big screens and massive setups.

Joey788 said:
Instead of talking about Africa and the ONE campaign next tour, use visuals instead to explain the situation. While the band plays One, they could have screens show statistics and information about Africa, AIDS, and how to join the ONE campaign. That way, the public becomes informed about the situation without being bored by a 10-minute speech from Bono.
Madonna did this on her last tour with Live to Tell, while hanging from a mirrorball cross, she sang the song, while the screens in the background displayed the faces of African children, while a counter counted up to 12,000,000 (the number of children in Africa orphaned by AIDS), then some more information, web addresses, and the passage Matthew 25:35-40 (which is also one that Bono likes to quote). It got the point across without a speech breaking the flow of the show.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
--ellipse/heart type set up, but changed up a bit so as not to look exactly the same... let's face it, the ellipse rocks
LEMON shaped. I had a dream about it, and it was beautiful. Painted yellow, with flashy blue lights everywhere :drool:

I also want Mofo, and Gone, and Last Night on Earth. I want U2 to remember that they're a rock band. A Pop encore would be fantastic.

Also, people that can't name all of the albums shouldn't be allowed in the door :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Also, people that can't name all of the albums shouldn't be allowed in the door :wink:

I don't care who they let in the door, I just want to be allowed to stick gagballs in people's mouths who talk during the songs.
Yes, sing along, but DON'T talk to your friend about how your day was. :shame:

Mark---the last offender was doing it during Miss Sarajevo. MISS SARAJEVO for goodness sake.

Cigar said:

Are U2 "sexy" enough today to do a stadium tour in North America and fille the place?Chicago,Boston,New York yes,but outside those markets?i doubt it.

I was reading U2byU2 and Paul stated that they regretted not doing Stadium shows in NA for the third leg of Vertigo because the demand was certianly there.

Back
Top Bottom