What The Hell Are U2 Playing At!!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzy Izzy

The Fly
Bloody hell, i queued out for hours to get my dublin tickets, all the while thinking well if i don't get the first night i'll get the second night when they go on sale. Then I find out that both dates go on sale that day!! I mean in was watching this like a hawk to try and make sure i got tickets.
Luckily enough i got some nosebleed seats, but then, thanks to some friends, got GA's for the first show...

Now i was all set for the 3rd date tickets to go on sale, and was watching announcements again like a damn hawk everyday, all the time.... then this morning... MY AUNTIE, MY BLOODY AUNTIE, rings and tells me the tickets went on sale...
I mean what the hell is going on? Fair enough they wanted to cut down on Scalpers, but only allowing 2 tickets per person would of done that, there would of been no point in a scalper waiting for hours only to get 2 tickets...
I think they should of announced it and let the fans queue like they usually do, it means the people who really want the tickets get them, and not some idiot who happens to be in town at 9 and sees there is U2 tickets on sale....

In closing..... AAAAGERHGEHEGHEGHGEGEHEGEHEGH.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks for your time...

The upside is that U2 have allotted the tickets so that Irish fans have more access to tickets than International people. This is an excellent idea and I hope they do the same in Australia for the Australian shows.

beli said:
The upside is that U2 have allotted the tickets so that Irish fans have more access to tickets than International people. This is an excellent idea and I hope they do the same in Australia for the Australian shows.

Yes but if they actually told us when they were going to sel the bloody tickets then it would of been fine... but nooooo....

U2 are screwing up alot lately.... and i don't know how much more of it i can take...

And of course your happy uwwedoogie you got tickets.... <insert profanity here>

NO it's not... How is it an improvement if we aren't even told when the tickets are going on sale?? How are we supposed to know? GO and sit outside the ticket shop for months, waiting??? It made no sense at all and was the worst ticket idea ever...

Have to agree Dizzy - just had a rant in another thread there. It was just sheer luck if people happened to be in towns this morning or had friends in towns or whatever - This was nothing to do with letting real fans get a chance to buy tickets. I managed to get one ticket from a considerate friend so I can't complain too much but I hope that you manage to get sorted out...

My apologies. I dont mean to sound insensitive. The time line was crap, I agree. I meant the restrictions to limit the access to tickets for international people is a good idea. It seemed to me that a lot of non Irish people got a hold of tickets to Croke 1 and 2 at the expense of locals.

But yeah, the timing sucked.

jeesus wept, bit hypocritical isnt it? specially when us europeans were'nt even allowed to take part in the pre-sale for US 3rd Leg

beli said:
My apologies. I dont mean to sound insensitive. The time line was crap, I agree. I meant the restrictions to limit the access to tickets for international people is a good idea. It seemed to me that a lot of non Irish people got a hold of tickets to Croke 1 and 2 at the expense of locals.

But yeah, the timing sucked.

I'll give you that, it should be restriucted when it comes to overseas buyers. Though not to say that they shouldn't get ANY, but still they can see them where they live... you know...

KUEFC09U2 said:
jeesus wept, bit hypocritical isnt it? specially when us europeans were'nt even allowed to take part in the pre-sale for US 3rd Leg

KUE, We were allowed to take part in 3rd leg presales :)

Dublin Show – Tickets Now On Sale
Tickets for U2's third concert at Croke Park in Dublin go on sale this morning, at 9am GMT.

In order to ensure that tickets for the show on June 27th show get to as many fans as possible, tickets will be limited to 2 per person.

Recognising the huge demand for U2 tickets in their hometown and to discourage the resale of tickets, U2, Principle Management, MCD and tour promoters The Next Adventure have made changes to the ticket sales policy for this event to ensure that U2 fans have the fairest and best opportunity to purchase tickets at face value.

“We've put a lot of work into improving the spread of tickets. In our experience announcing and selling immediately greatly reduces abuse of the system” said Arthur Fogel, President, The Next Adventure.

To this end, the following new special procedures are being implemented.

1. The ticket limit for this performance will be reduced to 2 tickets per person/transaction (rather than the previous limit of 6).

2. The vast majority of tickets will be available and distributed through 84 outlets across Ireland, with 15 outlets in Dublin. Each ticket outlet has had its ticket allocation guaranteed in advance. A smaller quantity will be sold through Ticketmaster by phone and on the Internet.

3. There will be a box office set up at Croke Park for tickets sales without a booking fee, priced at €75 and €65 for reserved seating and €55 for general admission field standing tickets.

U2 manager, Paul McGuinness said: “It's very important to the band that these tickets get to the fans. Playing at home is always something special, these gigs will be no exception.”

from U2.com

I guess noone is ever satisfied with how they put tickets on sale. Announce the sales beforehand and there's extreme queing with many fans being left out. Don't announce sales and some fans hear about it when it's too late and are left out.
U2 needs to be less popular...
:tsk:

To this end, the following new special procedures are being implemented.

1. The ticket limit for this performance will be reduced to 2 tickets per person/transaction (rather than the previous limit of 6).

So why do people still complain about the scalpers and their 6 tickets etc... It seems to me they fixed this problem!?

Why are you refering to Ebay? As long as tickets are being sold, scalpers will get a hand on them. There is no way you can rule this out. My point was: you were complaining about the fact that they should have sold a maximum of 2 tickets a person... And to me (reading Beli´s reply) it seems that they did this today. So why were you bitching about that?

I can understand that you are disappointed. It sucks not having the tickets you want, but don´t give wrong information.

MrBTH said:

It was definitely not a good move mate. Limiting sales to two per person would have kept the scalpers under control. As it stands the ticketmaster agents around the country probably warned their scaper mates (a generalisation but it happens A LOT) first thing this morning. I would bet that more scalpers knew the tickets were on sale this morning than genuine fans. At least if some sort of announcement had been made via the internet, here or on U2.com last night we would have had some preparation time. I would have been willing to queue ALL NIGHT for good tickets to this gig as I'm sure thousands and thousands of other people were. And maybe I wouldn't have gotten tickets in the end but at least I'd feel like I'd had a fair chance....

Thats how i feel.
Now maybe scalpers still would of got tickets, but at least we would of had a better chance of getting ours.

Back
Top Bottom