What songs have the best screen/light effects?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

play it cool

The Fly
I've seen some of the footage - Vertigo looks amazing as does the start of Zoo Station. What other songs get the treatment?

city of blinding lights is pretty cool, feels like your rushing through well a city of blinding lights

The Fly. Totally. The colors are just fucking nuts, the elliptical stage lighting is going off in all sorta of crazy directions and the curtains are flashing all the ZOO TV-esque messages and colored panels are flashing and it's just amazing. That totally wins for best light show. That's on the first leg at least. :)

Traditionally Streets when they blow it up in tandem with the blinding white light, but with the blue light it's just not as powerful. I very much enjoy City of Blinding Lights. The light show is well done, especially when it opens.

Jon

I really think they should use the light curtains more when they come back. If youre gonna spend good money on those suckers, why not show them off more. Right now the only songs that they get used for are:

Vertigo
COBL
Sometimes
Bullet
Zoo Station
The Fly
Streets

thats only 7 out of 22 or 23 songs, definitely underutilized in my opinion. when the curtains are up its basically elevation part II.

Last edited:
Chiz, don't forget Where the Streets Have No Name. But yes, I agree with you. The light curtains are awesome and they should really try using them for at LEAST half the songs. They could do some real cool stuff for songs like Love and Peace, Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, Mysterious Ways (dancing lady's ;) ), Miracle Drug, and All Because of You. :up:

Yeah I had just edited streets into my original post.

Love and Peace is a cool enough song that it doesn't really need the curtain of lights to jazz it up, but maybe if they used it for Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, Pride, New Years Day, Beautiful Day, it could really give those old songs the extra kick they need.

And I agree Mysterious Ways is a perfect song to use them for, they did it at one show and then just stopped after that. It's a shame really. I'm hoping maybe after they get back from the Eurigo Leg they will realize that they should use the curtains more.

Just imagine if they did a strobe light effect with the curtain of lights for UTEOTW :drool:

Last edited:
Yeah, I believe they should add some of the traditional video things we're used to with certain songs. for example, bring back the running buffaloe for One and the Belly Dancers for Mysterious Ways like they used on the Elevation Tour. You might be right about Love and Peave though. Beautiful Day could use a rainbow type of lighting scheme with the curtains to match the stage lighting. That could work well. I'm not sure what they would use for Pride though.

My favorites were City of Blinding Lights(very magical with the confetti and fog where Bono appears, then the lights come up), Vertigo, and the zoostation and the fly, songs.

I love Sometimes you can't make it on your own, but the guy walking was a bit odd looking to me. It reminded me of the AOL character. :huh:

vertigo gal, trust me the pictures don't do the actual show justice so don't worry!!

wait till you see it, it'll blow your mind!

bombergirl1978 said:
My favorites were City of Blinding Lights(very magical with the confetti and fog where Bono appears, then the lights come up), Vertigo, and the zoostation and the fly, songs.

I love Sometimes you can't make it on your own, but the guy walking was a bit odd looking to me. It reminded me of the AOL character. :huh:

:lol:

I agree, they should use the lights more...they could project MLK onto the curtains somehow for Pride...One doesn't really need much because you want to be looking at the screens for that one, for me that was the most mind-blowing effect of the show, don't know how the hell they did it but it's amazing.

The Fly takes the cake, imo!

I have to confess that I was hypnotized by the screens so much that I didn't even look at the band AT ALL during that song.

A total trip that was!

Back
Top Bottom