What KOL Says

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
I worked for the Kings of Leon yesterday in Hampton Beach and again today in Portland. They tell me that they loved touring with U2 and that the band asked them to open some more dates next year......... NEXT YEAR.....

SMB

KOL are a good band.

The Bucket is ace. Same for Velvet Snow.

Alot of U2 fans don't like them.

Alot of U2 fans have shit taste.

I don't know what I'd do if U2 brought KOL down here.

Probably take something to throw at them. Maybe a paper plane made out of a page outlining my lawsuit against them where I'm suing them for the 135 minutes of my life they have already stolen.

Axver said:
I don't know what I'd do if U2 brought KOL down here.

Probably take something to throw at them. Maybe a paper plane made out of a page outlining my lawsuit against them where I'm suing them for the 135 minutes of my life they have already stolen.

haha

Good idea. :hmm:

MrBrau1 said:
KOL are a good band.

The Bucket is ace. Same for Velvet Snow.

Alot of U2 fans don't like them.

Alot of U2 fans have shit taste.

indeed indeed:rockon:

Yes, some of us have been thinking about you.
And if you were OK.

He's gone again.
Did I scare him off?
:sad:

Last edited:
Hey Axver, why don't you suggest U2 to ask Porcupine Tree to open for them? :wink:

They are great and I'm going to see them again this month!
They are playing with MIA, Arcade Fire and The Strokes in a Festival. :rockon:

I hope Arcade Fire snippets COBL in the end of Wake Up! :wink:

Man, I hope if they tour further it's in places I can't afford to travel. Yeep!

KoL would probably go over better with the crowds if the singer learned to take the whiny/screechy tone in his voice down a notch or twelve.

But The Bucket ... :rockon:

I seem to be in the minority here. I like KOL, even though I missed them queueing for a programme at MSG in May.

Zwervers:) It is so nice to see your posting. Hey!!! What about Crumbs?

I..well....um....kinda don't want them to tour some more....:reject: I know that I'm the wrong one to say this because they're coming to my town & I'm seeing them both nights... But I wonder if while seeing them play for a long tour would be great, how burnt out would they get because of it? Sure, playing the ZooTV tour energized them and got them flowing enough to get another album out of it, but they were spent by the end of the ZooTV/Zooropa stint. And they were dead by the time the JT Tour/Lovetown era ended. With the guys getting older and having more personal stuff to deal with at home (esp. Edge), I wonder if touring for an extended period might do more harm than good. :shrug: I still haven't decided...:hmm:

U2Man said:
Hey Axver, why don't you suggest U2 to ask Porcupine Tree to open for them? :wink:

Because Porcupine Tree would blow U2 off the stage, simple as that. You know what amazing idea PT had for their DVD? Recording over two nights playing drastically different setlists so they have more songs to choose from. Geez, you'd think a band with the depth of U2's catalogue would've thought to do that too.

Utoo said:
I..well....um....kinda don't want them to tour some more....:reject: I know that I'm the wrong one to say this because they're coming to my town & I'm seeing them both nights... But I wonder if while seeing them play for a long tour would be great, how burnt out would they get because of it? Sure, playing the ZooTV tour energized them and got them flowing enough to get another album out of it, but they were spent by the end of the ZooTV/Zooropa stint. And they were dead by the time the JT Tour/Lovetown era ended. With the guys getting older and having more personal stuff to deal with at home (esp. Edge), I wonder if touring for an extended period might do more harm than good. :shrug: I still haven't decided...:hmm:

So on the next tour, you'd have no problem if U2 skipped the US?

Axver said:

Because Porcupine Tree would blow U2 off the stage, simple as that. You know what amazing idea PT had for their DVD? Recording over two nights playing drastically different setlists so they have more songs to choose from. Geez, you'd think a band with the depth of U2's catalogue would've thought to do that too.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

(I've just started listening to Porcupine Tree in the last few days :drool: :drool: :drool:, had never heard of them before.....but now I know about them....all because of you, Axver.....)

Axver said:

So on the next tour, you'd have no problem if U2 skipped the US?

No, though I wouldn't be upset if they only did one leg in the US instead of two, and went in your neighborhood for leg three instead.

Utoo said:

No, though I wouldn't be upset if they only did one leg in the US instead of two, and went in your neighborhood for leg three instead.

See, that's what I think U2 should do all along! I'm sure they can just as easily satisfy the US's demands with a single leg as they can with two - especially if they combined stadiums and arenas like they did on JT.

U2Man said:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

(I've just started listening to Porcupine Tree in the last few days :drool: :drool: :drool:, had never heard of them before.....but now I know about them....all because of you, Axver.....)

Good man! :up:

I'm totally in love with the Stupid Dream album right now. :drool: :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom