What kind of crowd will be in the GA sections now that so many fans are locked out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
knox said:

Hey--I'm definitely going to be in that line. Let's form a bathroom/food alliance. :D
I'm up for it. We'll be getting there before the sun comes up...should be four of us.

Best way to police the line - we will elect seven representatives of U2 fans from different parties. These represtatives will form a Council of Elders who will draft a Constitution, which must then be ratified by the current line population by a 2/3 vote.... :wink:

Or we'll just beat down all the cheaters. :yes: (Hoping your party will supply the muscle power.)

msbarb said:

I saw an article in The Sunday Times that was interesting...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2091-1463123,00.html

Looks like u2.com is working on getting the scalpers off eBay.

scalpers still have their own dirty ways of selling tickets without getting into trouble. For instnace.....

U2 Floor Tickets! San Diego 3/28 Vertigo Tour
Buy a golf ball and get 2 **FREE** U2 tickets!

this is just too funny, yet sad.:lol:

fmattyh said:
I'm up for it. We'll be getting there before the sun comes up...should be four of us.

Best way to police the line - we will elect seven representatives of U2 fans from different parties. These represtatives will form a Council of Elders who will draft a Constitution, which must then be ratified by the current line population by a 2/3 vote.... :wink:

Or we'll just beat down all the cheaters. :yes: (Hoping your party will supply the muscle power.)

Before sunup might be a bit early for me...let's see what time I get to bed on Sunday night. :wink:

i camped out overnight in my friend's apartment lot across the street from the record store who had a ticketmaster. i got up at 5:30 am, got mickey d's, then went into the parking lot of the record store at 6am. nobody there. so i parked right in front of the door. i marked my place in line by leaving my overnight bag near the door. first one there. then i waited. i was too wired to sleep. 3 hours later another car shows up. they go to sleep. then at 9am, they get out, stand in line. i took my cue to stand in my place. in all, five people were standing in line. manager of wherehouse comes out, and says, ok, since there are five of you here, we have to do a raffle. everyone gets upset, and then tells her. look...she (me) was here first. she will get the first tixs. and then the manager said. this isnt first come first serve! then more raised voices. finally after everyone drew a raffle tix, she called out the number. i ended up having the right number anyways. i scored 2 ga tixs for sd opening show. i worked my ass off for those tixs so you can gaurantee that 2 REAL fans will be there with the others who were fortunate as i was.

Last edited:
u2warlp said:

scalpers still have their own dirty ways of selling tickets without getting into trouble. For instnace.....

U2 Floor Tickets! San Diego 3/28 Vertigo Tour
Buy a golf ball and get 2 **FREE** U2 tickets!

this is just too funny, yet sad.:lol:

That listing is against eBay rules and hopefully will be taken down.

u2grace said:
Well, for what it's worth - I got GA today and was thrilled and amazed. I am a die-hard fan of over 20 years and have never had this type of opportunity, not for lack of trying. With all the people upset over not getting what they hoped for, I feel like a little ray of light is over me - FINALLY - after a lifetime of trying.

This is how I feel, exactly. I've been a fan of this band since 1982 and have NEVER been any closer to them than a lower level, row 16 seat at the Baltimore Arena on the last tour. When I got GAs for Philly 2 yesterday, I was ecstatic! I still can't believe it. I am so very happy!

So trust me, there will be REAL, DIEHARD fans in the circle, or the target, or whatever the hell it's going to be.

pas

knox said:

Before sunup might be a bit early for me...let's see what time I get to bed on Sunday night. :wink:
Hey, we figure this is our only chance to see U2... gotta make it count! :D

I dunno, we might leave GR around 2am or so, meaning we'll get between 5-6am. So sun might be a little bit up. :) We'll see.

Diemen said:
Congrats icelle! :applaud: That's nice that everyone behind you did the right thing and wanted you to get the first tickets. :up:

thank you:D

yes, they where a cool crowd:)

I have 2 GA for May 9th (Chicago) and plan on getting into the oval. I am trying to decide how long I want to wait outside. I'm not looking forward to looking and feeling haggard all day but it will be worth it if I can be right up there.
I've waited all night for tickets before but not for a show, and I was MUCH younger then :(

I heard stories from people who queued up during Elevation. A lot of them said they had an enjoyable day waiting, getting to know other fans, etc. I've not done it either, but am considering this time. I've got GA's for the same show you do hluvslmj. Maybe I'll see you in the line.

pasionara said:

This is how I feel, exactly. I've been a fan of this band since 1982 and have NEVER been any closer to them than a lower level, row 16 seat at the Baltimore Arena on the last tour. When I got GAs for Philly 2 yesterday, I was ecstatic! I still can't believe it. I am so very happy!

pas

I'll be there, too! I've loved U2 since I was in junior high, and the only other time I got to see them, in Philly during Popmart, they were about the size of mini marshmallows from my lousy seats. But not this time! And I'm driving down from upstate NY the night before so I can be in line bright and early.

A few months ago I saw Bob Dylan and managed to get to the second row. In front of me were a bunch of people looking bored to death--not even clapping at the end of songs, playing with their cell phones, etc. But do you think they moved to let anyone else get up front? Nope. I'm sure they all bragged the next day about being front row for Bob Dylan, too.

Let's make sure dingbats like these are standing behind us in Philly!

I'll be in SD GA, where I had hoped to introduce my friend to all my Interference buddies. :(

sortofhomecoming said:
When I went to Elevation (had seats) I was surrounding by people that only knew songs from the Joshua Tree. They actually sat down during most of the show - until the drinking caught up to one of them. Totally pathetic. They got so drunk the one guy fell down (when he did get up) and peed himself. He will never forget that night.

Hope to god not to be surrounded by losers like that.

Oh man...I was lucky enough to get a $165 seat by myself (never could get GA :sad: ) so now I have to worry about this too...'cause maybe it's more likely to happen in the higher priced seats..who knows?

Back
Top Bottom