What if I bought tickets from a member?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techfire

Acrobat
Will Ticketmaster refund your cash with tickets only, or is a receipt necessary? I'll probably contact the Interference member here who I purchased the tickets from, but if anyone knows the policy with refunds, some 411 would be great.

Only way you can get a refund is from the person you bought them from. You have to track them down yourself. You can't go to ticketmaster and ask for a cash refund, unless you bought them in Hawaii and you have a cash receipt. Most tickets were bought over the internet. Only the person who bought them over the phone or internet can get a refund.

I have the same problem...i just sent an email to the guy that i bought my GA's from, hopefully I hear back from him...otherwise i will have to deal with my credit card company

cassieakasam said:
I have the same problem...i just sent an email to the guy that i bought my GA's from, hopefully I hear back from him...otherwise i will have to deal with my credit card company

Good luck to you. I've been lucky so far, as the person whom I purchased the tickets from has kept great communication and I'm set to get my refund this weekend. I was holding out for a local seller, as I did not want to buy from an out of area seller, I'm glad I did. Hope it works out for you, if you can't get in touch with this person, I would say come on here and post the person personal information.

cassieakasam said:
Well I heard back from him and he is REFUSING a refund....sigh

You're kidding! That's not good, post the jerk off's personal information (ie. phone number, address, email), I'm sure someone will change his mind.

I was able to get my cash refund from the person, I guess I was lucky.

THIS IS THE LATEST IN MY GROWING SAGA WITH GETTING A REFUND FROM MY SELLER

His email to me:
"the concert is not cancelled. they announced that it's not cancelled, they just moved the date. if it was cancelled we would gladly take the tickets back because then ticketmaster would refund us the money. but if the event is just postponed to another day ticketmaster won't refund any money. i believe on the U2 website they say the concert in hawaii will be set for sometime in november, but it's definitely NOT cancelled."

I have already told him TWICE that i cant go to Hawaii in November........i really didnt want to have to deal with my c.c company but what else can i do????? grrrr
:mad: :mad:

Ticketmaster will refund tickets. Just send him to the link on TM.com, and tell him if he doesn't refund you, you will do a chargeback and he won't get shit.

Or you could try calling TM directly and explain the situation.

cassieakasam said:
THIS IS THE LATEST IN MY GROWING SAGA WITH GETTING A REFUND FROM MY SELLER

His email to me:
"the concert is not cancelled. they announced that it's not cancelled, they just moved the date. if it was cancelled we would gladly take the tickets back because then ticketmaster would refund us the money. but if the event is just postponed to another day ticketmaster won't refund any money. i believe on the U2 website they say the concert in hawaii will be set for sometime in november, but it's definitely NOT cancelled."

I have already told him TWICE that i cant go to Hawaii in November........i really didnt want to have to deal with my c.c company but what else can i do????? grrrr
:mad: :mad:

Ticketmaster will refund the money, try and explain, if the person still refuses than he's being a piece of crap. Tell this person if they don't refund your money you will leave his personal information on various web sites. Do you have his number, email, etc.?

Here's the latest that he has sent to me.

"yes you can do a refund through ticketmaster through the original purchaser.  we purchased those tickets from another seller who will not take those back unless the event is cancelled, eventhough ticketmaster will allow refunds.  so if that guy doesn't allow us to return the tickets to him then we can't return them to ticketmaster because we were not the original purchasers.  as far as the chargebacks go paypal told us it wouldn't work because the package has been confirmed as a shipment to you so paypal will only refund your credit card if you haven't received the tickets.  if they have a confirmation from the post office that they were delivered then they won't refund the credit card company.  if i could return the tickets to the original seller and get my money back then i would gladly take the tickets back for you, but i can't because they won't take them back unless the event is cancelled.  that's why i couldn't take them back.  the easiest thing to do would be to just sell them for same price you got them for, like i did.  i sold them for pretty much what i paid for them.  the concert is in november, there will be plenty of fans that will want to go,  that would be my solution.  if there was any other way i could help you i would, but like i said the original purchaser won't take them back, and therefore paypal won't refund us or you, because of that"

this just proves to me that i will ONLY buy via ticketmaster or via this website.
:mad:

If he's being honest or not, it's really his problem if the OTHER person won't give him his money. You bought the tix from him and he should give you the money back. Just post the jerk off's email address, or at least warn him first, there are ways to get your money back, the easy way or the hard way. But it's stories likes your that make me nervous about buying from a private seller, interference member or not.

What a load of BS! If you buy tix from a 3rd party YOU have to wear the consequences, not the guy who sold them. He is under no obligation to refund you just because U2 postponed a concert. Out of his control!

Suck it up!

ok..um Trabantland who pissed in ur conflakes this morning??? R u this guys cousin or something.?? NO WHERE in ANY of my posts did I say any thing derogatory or mean.

and FYI.... I did not know that he wasnt the original purchaser of the tickets. If I HAD know that I wouldnt have bought them from him ( too many chances for something to go wrong )

cassieakasam said:
ok..um Trabantland who pissed in ur conflakes this morning??? R u this guys cousin or something.?? NO WHERE in ANY of my posts did I say any thing derogatory or mean.

and FYI.... I did not know that he wasnt the original purchaser of the tickets. If I HAD know that I wouldnt have bought them from him ( too many chances for something to go wrong )

Please note that I did not quote you anywhere but posted with regards to buying tickets from a 3rd party (ie. in this example, anyone except Ticketmaster). Unfortunately, you run the risks of many things that could go wrong when you buy tickets outside of Ticketmaster. 3rd part ticket sellers (such as the ones you are referring to) are not obliged to honour anything further once they have sold their tickets as they are not officially involved in the promotion and performance of the tour. Their obligation ends once you have recieved the tickets. If they do honour your tickets and refund your money, you're extremely lucky.

Where did I infer you being derogatory? It appears you are the one crying over the milk spilt because there was too many Corn Flakes in your bowl.

trabantland said:
What a load of BS! If you buy tix from a 3rd party YOU have to wear the consequences, not the guy who sold them. He is under no obligation to refund you just because U2 postponed a concert. Out of his control!

Suck it up!

Dude, please don't ever sell your extra tickets in this or any forum, because it's idiot's like you that make me nervous about buying from a private seller. What's the big deal, if you can get a refund from Ticketmaster, why not issue a refund to the 3rd party, unless you're friggen jerk. I feel for this person, losing out on $100+ dollars isn't cool, chill out bro.

Mate. Get real!

I personally would never buy from a 3rd party and thus would not back anyone selling them. On that note too, I wouldn't sell any tickets because shit happens and if it's outta my control, then I wouldn't want it coming back on me. My argument is if you are gonna buy them, it's a risk.

Yeah mate, I feel for this person too. I'd be bitching and moaning if I lost hundreds of dollars too. Only thing is, I wouldn't have bought the tickets in the first place!

I'm just trying to warn others that getting tickets like this is a form of scam. Buying tickets off Ebay is a scam. You are only guaranteed the physical tickets themselves, not the performance for which they allow you to attend.

So let me tell you the only idiots are those that truly believe they should get (and expect) a refund in instances like this.

Common sense, where did it go ......

Well I do agree with you, somewhat. If you're buying from a private seller, you HAVE to do your homework. I was one of the lucky ones, I bought from a private seller and she was kind enough to issue a refund. But I made sure to buy from a local seller, I kept the person's email address, home and cell number, and I picked up the tickets at her work, so I would've found her eventually. The rules are there are no rules when buying from a private seller, but there are ways to buy from a stranger and still get your cash back if need be. I personally would give the money back.

Wel, I just heard back from this guy....

first off i can't believe you would try to get out of a deal by doing a chargeback. second, paypal will not refund unless i receive those tickets back. i need to have those tickets in my hand before the 10 day deadline which runs out on april 21st. so i suggest you ship me back my tickets and i need to get them by 4/21, paypal will not refund your credit card unless you do that because i already showed them proof of my transaction that the tickets were shipped, weren't damaged, defective in anyway, and were exactly what you paid for. they do not refund your chargeback just because you now changed your mind. get me my tickets back before 4/21 and i'll call in paypal to tell them that i have the tickets back. i suggest you overnight me those tickets because you only have 3 days left before that deadline, if you want your money back."

His knickers are most certainly in a bunch!!! I love the way he waits till 3 days before the tickets have to be in his hand before emailing me....NICE:scratch:

This guy is a jerk off, I wouldn't send him the tickets either, he'll probably screw you again. At this point I would wait for the new concert date, then you can re-sell them on ebay or here. Sorry to hear about your troubles, you can't really trust anyone, U2 fan or not.

Well, I already went thru my credit card company and they charged it back. I was going to send the tickets back but now I will wait till this whole thing is resolved. I'll contact PayPal directly.

just to add to everyones greavences it find think its important to mention that for the australian shows at least if ticket master finds out that your tickets were scalped THEY ARE NULL AND VOID the turnstyle will not accept you at the venue, buying through ticketmaster (or bass at AAMI i believe) is the only surefire gaurentee to get in.

wel I am happy to report that the credit card company FINALLY refunded the $$ to me and the tickets were sent back to the seller. I have SO learned my lesson. Only by tickets from ticketmaster!!!!

cassieakasam said:
wel I am happy to report that the credit card company FINALLY refunded the $$ to me and the tickets were sent back to the seller. I have SO learned my lesson. Only by tickets from ticketmaster!!!!

That's great news, glad it worked out for you.
At least I know now, should they reschedule the shows at Aloha Stadium, tickets should remain available via ticket releases.

Back
Top Bottom