What if I am a U2.com member without U2.com tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Y2K

Refugee
I am a U2.com member and used that to my advantage getting tickets for the NJ show in May.

I didn't bother to buy tickets ahead of time for the Pittsburgh show (I got to college in Pittsburgh), since I wasn't sure I wanted to go to another show later in the year. My budget was extremely tight at the time. But I decided a few weeks ago I wanted to go and ended up buying tickets from eBay. My question is do I qualify for the U2.com member line, even though my tickets are just regular GA's (ie: they say Adult where it should say N-Fan, etc)?

Y2K said:
I am a U2.com member and used that to my advantage getting tickets for the NJ show in May.

I didn't bother to buy tickets ahead of time for the Pittsburgh show (I got to college in Pittsburgh), since I wasn't sure I wanted to go to another show later in the year. My budget was extremely tight at the time. But I decided a few weeks ago I wanted to go and ended up buying tickets from eBay. My question is do I qualify for the U2.com member line, even though my tickets are just regular GA's (ie: they say Adult where it should say N-Fan, etc)?
no they need to be bought with a fan club code

Y2K said:

It is my understanding that the U2.com line is for U2.com members, therefore you can stand in it as long as you have proof that you are a member and have a GA ticket.

And I can confirm that is how it worked in Toronto.

Unless that wast just for the non-presale shows? :hmm:

Last edited:
Re: Re: What if I am a U2.com member without U2.com tickets?

u2wedge said:

It is my understanding that the U2.com line is for U2.com members, therefore you can stand in it as long as you have proof that you are a member and have a GA ticket.

And I can confirm that is how it worked in Toronto.

That's not how it worked in Philly. :shrug: At my show, the ticket had to be a fanclub-purchased ticket.

Here's what U2.com says:

All General Admission ticket holders will be asked to form two lines at this entry point:
a. U2.Com Presale floor Ticket purchasers
b. General Public Floor Ticket Purchasers

Please note: On shows that had a U2.Com presale, the tickets for each of the U2.Com Subscribers is identifiable by a code on their ticket. As a result of this code, each U2.Com member who purchased a presale ticket will be able to enter the venue from the U2.Com line.

but it was my thinking you would need the ticked to be from the presale? i really have no idea how the american fan line works, we didnt have one here in europe, so sorry about my last post as its obviously rubbish infomation :)

I wasn't sure if trusting U2.com was a wise thing to do and even if I did trust it, I didn't know if each venue did the same thing.

KUEFC09U2 said:
but it was my thinking you would need the ticked to be from the presale? i really have no idea how the american fan line works, we didnt have one here in europe, so sorry about my last post as its obviously rubbish infomation :)

I think you're right Kuef.. you do apparently need the presale ticket to get in the U2.com line with proof of membership.

I thought the U2.com line was for U2.com members.

Are they checking hard for 'FAN' tickets or are they just looking for U2.com ID?

u2wedge said:

I think you're right Kuef.. you do apparently need the presale ticket to get in the U2.com line with proof of membership.

I thought the U2.com line was for U2.com members.

Are they checking hard for 'FAN' tickets or are they just looking for U2.com ID?
thats the thing i was on about, i have heard the U.S. fanclub tickets come with FAN on them, now i dont know if they check for this or not, but i am sure someone will give you better infomation then i ever could :)

it depends on the venue, some venues let you line up if you have any proof of being a u2.com member, some venues say you have to have presale tickets.

I guess it's probably not worth trying tomorrow then if I don't know how Pittsburgh will do things, since if I were 'rejected' in the U2.com line, I would have to line up at the back of the other GA line?

no i would still go, usually there is just one line to start and then either the venue or fans split the line into the presale and normal lines. if when you show up there are two lines just ask them how its working and go to the appropriate line, if its just one line, then go to the end of that. the people at the front and/or the venue security should know, so just ask around.

What I would tell you is that in both Minneapolis and Milwaukee, the non-FAN GA line ended up being shorter than the FAN GA line. I, unfortunately, screwed up both times and stayed in the FAN GA line and proceeded to watch people who were way behind us in the original line enter the arena before us.

I just thought Minneapolis was an aberration but Milwaukee turned out the same. What a mistake. My recommendation is to watch very closely when the single line splits and then go in the shortest line since they let them in at the same time.

My guess is that going in the FAN GA line cost us 2 rows from the rail at both shows (ended up about 6 rows back in Minneapolis and 4 rows back in Milwaukee). Still great positions but a minor disappointment when you are under the impression that your FAN GA tickets will give you some benefit.

My guess is that a greater percentage of the early arrivals are FAN GAs.

I should have mentioned that if you don't have FAN GA's you must go in the non-FAN GA's which will be a benefit if you are in the first 300 or so people unless the early FAN GA ticket holders catch on and balance the lines.

Back
Top Bottom