what i wanna know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
was this place the same when the elevation tour kicked off? i can honestly say i have never heard so much complaining, or whatever, i thought tours were a ride that we enjoyed together no matter what?

Bono's Tart said:
I was thinking the same thing!!:|

Whats that saying"you cant please all the people all the time!"
i dont get it, i just cant wait until they get here to the UK after hearing the boobs, sound feckin fantastic

HAHA just noticed that, i was going to edit but nope, just for moment of glory, of course it was meant to be boots

Just imagine how fantastic they will be in 11 weeks!!!:wink:

To say it was the opening night sounded pretty ok to me!! But hey what do I know!!

Bono's Tart said:
Just imagine how fantastic they will be in 11 weeks!!!:wink:

To say it was the opening night sounded pretty ok to me!! But hey what do I know!!
same here, i have heard the boots from the opening of elevation, popmart, and Zoo and this has to be one of the best, but for some reason people forget about all these other tours?

I do find the mood around here odd, and will admit myself to questioning the GA plan a bit, but overall Im excited as hell and cant wait for my show to roll around in may, and then oct, and then nov....

My may 2 day assault of u2 and return of the sith with leave me a happy man.....

Personally I cant wait I am now counting down to the first night at Manchester, we are just deciding what time to arrive to get in the GA queue!!

Last edited:
Bono's Tart said:
Personally I cant wait I am now counting down to the first night at Manchester, just decising what time to arrive for the e
am in going to first manchester also, cannot wait!! my only concern is the light, but hey the music will still be the same

I'd like to see more boobs:wink:

I'm not complaining at all. I'm pumped for my shows.

Sometimes it looks like people around here aren't happy unless they are complaining. Oh well.:shrug:

Numb1075 said:
I'd like to see more boobs:wink:

I'm not complaining at all. I'm pumped for my shows.

Sometimes it looks like people around here aren't happy unless they are complaining. Oh well.:shrug:
bollocks to them, maybe all the ones that are actually just enjoying the ride and gang up on them lol, they seem to be ganging up on us

KUEFC09U2 said:
was this place the same when the elevation tour kicked off? i can honestly say i have never heard so much complaining, or whatever, i thought tours were a ride that we enjoyed together no matter what?

There are a lot of people here that recently joined and all they do are download the bootlegs (thus killing the server for all of us who aren't downloading at the time) and complain. It's getting old. I'm enjoying Vertigo Tour//2005 and I hope others will too.

It is not the same, its 10 times worse. It seems the new tour has brought out a lot of new fans and a lot of new members here. Not that that is a bad thing at all, but the more people discussing, the more 'complaining' I guess. :shrug:

well the majority seem to be enjoying things so far, :) and this is only 2 shows in, its about to kick off

Sicy said:
It is not the same, its 10 times worse. It seems the new tour has brought out a lot of new fans and a lot of new members here. Not that that is a bad thing at all, but the more people discussing, the more 'complaining' I guess. :shrug:

It's not just here, it's everywhere -- cynics and bitchers are winning and seem more vocal. Those with positive thoughts get drowned out -- my hunch is that the more silent folks are the majority and they are quite happy with SD1 and SD2.

For gosh sakes, U2 are four people and a support system -- IMO they are allowed to get used to a new show. More technology, more songs rehearsed, equals more opportunity for mistakes.

Most of us make mistakes everyday in our jobs, why can't they be allowed to as well.

A bit off topic, does anyone sense that Bono might be saving his voice a little? From several reviews I've inferred that perhaps he is not letting it all hang out; so could this be due to a fear of total voice failure and thus potential for missing shows / canceling a night here or there?

Or, does he just need a bit more time?

BTW -- thanks to the mods -- lots of traffic out here lately, you've kept up well.

I have no complaints. Maybe we should have a thread for those who are happy, and another one for those who want to complain. I'm thrilled to have one GA tkt to Anaheim on Fri nite, its the only ticket I got for this leg. After listening to the incredible cd we all got to make thanks to those wonderful fans on here, I think the show sounds incredible, as U2 always does. I'm sure there's probably a lot of boards on AOL where you wank off about U2 or anything else you don't like.

I'd like to add that yesterday I was finally able to lsiten to the chrisedge recording of night 1. Yes The fly and elevation were a little off. Other than that they sound great! On top of that, with all this talk of Bono's voice I didn't know what to expect. I thnk his voice sounds better than on the last tour! Bring on Vertigo!

I do agree though that I could sense a few [places where he was using restraint. But I guess he needs to preserve his voice--its a long tour!

Back
Top Bottom