What Have The GAs line @ Philly been like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe8pizza

The Fly
Sorry im new to the GA thing, haha Im young enough that this was my first U2 tour.basically I have to take a test at 8am, If got to the arena around 10-10:30 would I have a decent spot? I know lines are supposed to start forming at 9am according to the rules.

GA lines will be starting way before 9am. There is going to be a bunch of people who camped out there over nite. 10-10:30am should get you a decent spot. I am going to the 10/16 show on sunday and plan on getting there at the crack of dawn.

jag0918 said:
The best advice I can give you, since I did it in May, is get there by 8am at the dead latest

8am at the dead latest? Are you kidding me? What's there at 8 am? Did they ever come out and give you wristbands and send you home or anything?

so???!!--what does everyone do for those many hours in the GA lines??? can pack a cooler and party??!!!

I showed up at 6 a.m. and we were really not supposed to be on the property but tickets for Green Day were going on sale that day so we just got wristbands for that sale even though we were really there for U2. Some people slept in their cars and then at about 8 a.m. we started to line up and to give out the numbers. It's an honor system that the security guards followed as well. The line is very long and you can bring your cooler and chairs to chill with. People do get pissy if you leave the line for too long...so best is to stay put.

well...i'm driving up from milwaukee..i won't be in minneapolis 'til about 2:00 so i'm sure i'll be at the END of the line!! Does U2 'always' come out to 'chat' with the fans??

I got there at around 9 a.m. in May and was one person back from the rail outside the ellipse, all the way at the edge of Adam's side. It was nice, because I could lean against the side rail, and I didn't get pushed once. Great view, great experience.

I had a friend with me last time, and we played about every card game imaginable. What will I be doing in line this time since I'm coming by myself? Reading for my first PhD exam.

I have a really good seat for Sunday but am still trying to decide if I want to try to trade so I can have GA both days. I'm leaning toward using Sunday to rest up for being in line all day Monday, then having to drive home Tuesday and teach that night.

another question.... My son and & I are going to the Oct 17th Philly show... we can get there fairly eary, most likely around 9am.
We each are holding tickets for one other person. Can we line up for them? In other words do all parties have to be in attendance?

I've done GA for Springsteen and the crowd is usually pretty acceptable as long as you let the people around you know that your friend wont' be showing till around 1pm for example...
How is the U2 crowd,? I've never done U2 GA.

Thanks,,

Deirdre

Deirdre,

I am wondering the same thing. I paid $1,000 for 2 GA's and just found out my friend can't wait in line with me. She's a teacher and can't get the day off. I'd like to think U2 fans would be understanding. I'd really like a decent spot..I'm only 5'2 and not counting on getting beeped in the ellipse.

i'll be there on sunday, not sure what time we're getting down, but i plan on getting beeped, :). PHILLY!

Back
Top Bottom