What extras would have YOU chosen for the DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
Well?

As the band had to decide on a date/s and venue for the shoot then there's nothing that you can do about the concert..

...but what extras would have you put on the special edition to make it even better?

Me?

An interview with the band chosing their favourite tour tracks and why.

Footage of the complete Zane Low performance in Dublin.

Footage of a few songs from the soundcheck/rehearsals before the 2 concerts.

Croke Park footage - especially I would like to hear and see Gloria, Bad, Out of Control, Running To Stand Still and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses from those concerts.

-- More shots of Larry in the robe

-- A Day in the Life of Larry

-- Larry at the Gym lifting weights

-- Larry getting his "medical" massage and tape up for the show

-- Larry just sitting around drinking tea

-- In the Kitchen with Larry, on the tour meals

you get the idea

- Party Girl!
- In depth interviews with the band, especially one where Edge takes the viewer on a tour of his guitars and equipment
- Multi-angle feature for a few songs

I like U2mixer's ideas re: band interviews and footage of soundchecks and/or rehersals. And I like tbird's suggestions re: a day in the life of......
Using the surveillance cameras was an okay idea, and I would have really enjoyed it if the songs chosen for this section had been DIFFERENT from the ones in the dvd concert setlist.

Axver said:
- In depth interviews with the band, especially one where Edge takes the viewer on a tour of his guitars and equipment

Hey Ax, over her in Canada (and the US I suppose) there's a magazine called Guitar World and where Dallas did just that! It's on the bonus feature dvd that comes every month with the mag. I think it might still be on shelves as its not too old, take a look for it!

~A.j.~

how about a little input from the band themselves...

why is it that we get a tour from a roadie???

why can't the band selling the dvd to us talk to us ON THE DVD??? Give us a little bit. How about an in depth interview with an interferencer where they ask the band questions like

Where's Mofo?
Why did you drop ELECTRIC CO?
Why don't you mix it up a bit?
Do You kiss your mother with that mouth?

a commentary by the band about the concert or something

the music videos for for the recent album

croke footage

a new doc: "U2's Trip Through Interference" where they go through the forums. Larry forces the band to stop after reaching PLEBA

Party Girl
Bad
Gloria
The Ocean
With Or Without You
Until The End Of The World

-- I would have included those as hidden scenes, filmed after the DVD.

- something about the roadies and truck drivers
- something about what the band does the day of the show, leading up to the show and then after
- a bit from the band, et al on why they chose Chicago for the DVD

i miss the bono cam from Boston...

also would really like to have an Edge angle... an Adam angle... a Bono angle... etc.... let me watch what I want to watch... the interaction between the fans and the band and the interaction between the band members themselves was sorely missed this time round..

Us rhythm section fans:

tbird said:
-- More shots of Larry in the robe

-- A Day in the Life of Larry

-- Larry at the Gym lifting weights

-- Larry getting his "medical" massage and tape up for the show

-- Larry just sitting around drinking tea

-- In the Kitchen with Larry, on the tour meals

you get the idea

Adam: A (rock)Star is Born

Adam has just made a 180 degree turnaround man! Somebody document it! The upperclass British accent! *swoon**

U2fan05 said:
hand held cam from the ellipse like on the Boston DVD except from the whole show.

Exactly. I haven't bought the deluxe DVD, so I don't know whether this is implemented or not, but something like the handheld camera outside the heart like they had for Boston would be brilliant. It actually made you feel as if you were at the concert much more than the main feature did!

And an audio commentary is a brilliant idea as well.

*Bono hits cymbal*

Bono: "And if you put it in slow motion you can just about see when Larry intends to break me"

Back
Top Bottom