What Do GA Fans Do With Sweatshirts/Jackets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soxfan1183

Babyface
I'm going to next Sunday's show in Boston, and I could end up wearing a few layers of clothes if it's freezing cold out. Since I won't want to wear all that stuff indoors, what can you do with jackets, sweatshirts, etc. ?

I wore my jacket the whole time, from the cold Detroit GA line until the end of the show. During the show, I couldn't take off my jacket if I wanted to unless I wanted to bug people, but somehow I comfortably survived. My friend held his jacket during the show.

:shrug:

a lot of people suggested going to walmart or somewhere and buying a cheap sweatshirt (they do sell them for under $10 and probably cheaper) and just leaving it at the arena when you go in. (Maybe U2 should make a collection and donate the sweatshirts to a charity!)

I saw 2 shows during cold weather months during Elevation. For the first one I just put on a hoodie at the last minute and wore it during the show. Not too bad.

The second show I had to keep my coat on. I was lucky to be close to the front of the line so when we all got in the people on the rail hung peoples coats on it or set them on the other side.

Wear disposable coats. What is that? You have never heard of disposable coats? They're made by Glad and you can wear as many as you want at any given time.

A friend suggested bringing an empty duffel bag--put jacket, hats, mittens, etc. etc. in bag during show (you can wear it as a backpack if it's not too big or even sorta stand on it) and then use it as a merch bag after the show!

I might try it as Cleveland is going to be freaking frigid...I don't think a hoodie will cut it, even for the mad dash from car to line and back to car...

Jackets and sweaters would suck if you had GA tickets. I was in the elipse for Vancouver and I sweat my ass off wearing only a t-shirt. I also didn't notice any such thing as a coat check. GA tickets definately have their drawback in the winter.

I wait till the last chance to go back to the car (4:30-5:30) and then keep with me a thick sweatshirt to throw over the rail once inside and also a pair of gloves, umbrella, and poncho. The gloves, umbrella, and poncho I get at the dollar store so I toss those on the way in and only lose $3.

Well, as of today they are predicting temps in the 40's/50's for Cleveland and Buffalo the days of the shows. Obviously this could change in the coming days but I found this to be very good news for those of us doing GA at either show.

I drove out to the Corel Centre on Friday specifically so that I would have a place to leave a jacket. After leaving the car we jogged for a good 10 minutes through the lots until we found gate 3.

Environment Canada claimed it was -10 as the show ended and we ran back out to our car. I don't trust their equipment as it was far colder.

I'll just tie the hoodie around my waist and hold the jacket when I get in. Or hand it off to my brother. :wink:

I'm wearing 4 layers Sunday: tank top, long-sleeved shirt, hoodie, and jacket. Al,so gloves and a hat. I'm going to be about 10 lbs heavier. :laugh:

I had a fleece jacket with a hood. Granted, I was still a bit chilly...but the fleece was warm, yet it was thin enough that tying the jacket around my waist once inside wasn't a problem.

Back
Top Bottom